PDA

View Full Version : Brisnet supertote & results

nativenova
06-28-2006, 03:36 PM
I just tried to go to brisnet "free" supertote and /or results .it now requires you to sign up for this service? is anyone else getting this same message?

michiken
06-28-2006, 05:59 PM
These services have required you to register as far back as I can remember.

It all goes along with the DRF requiring registration, the change from HTML to PDF Result charts and so on.

IMHO, the industry is in sad shape and locking out potential new customers won't help.

bigmack
06-28-2006, 06:01 PM
I just tried to go to brisnet "free" supertote and /or results .it now requires you to sign up for this service? is anyone else getting this same message?
Was always comped. Now it ain't. Just changed yesterday

kitts
06-28-2006, 06:06 PM
Supertote asked me for password today. It is a great free service. If they want to "Big Brother" me, so be it.

wonatthewire1
06-28-2006, 06:09 PM
Mother's Maiden name & Social Security number > and nothing about their encryption or safty of that particular information?

:faint:

Tom
06-28-2006, 06:32 PM
Mother's Maiden name & Social Security number > and nothing about their encryption or safty of that particular information?

Make them up.

wonatthewire1
06-28-2006, 06:51 PM
yeah, I thought about that but decided against

sjk
06-28-2006, 06:53 PM
Supertote is a wonderful service provided to players.

I remember when I first signed up as a Bris customer you had to dial in through something called Tymnet and the big question was whether your modem was 1200 or 2400 baud.

I have never had any reason to regret giving them the necessary info since then.

rrpic6
06-28-2006, 06:59 PM

You need to provide your Social Security Number if you choose to wager on their site, as is the case for all American based online wagering companies. Any "signers" are done very quickly, as you usually receive your W-2g in the mail within a week.

rrpic6
06-28-2006, 07:00 PM
These services have required you to register as far back as I can remember.

It all goes along with the DRF requiring registration, the change from HTML to PDF Result charts and so on.

IMHO, the industry is in sad shape and locking out potential new customers won't help.

I posted a way to get the HTML charts from Bris on the thread "BRIS screws handicappers".

wonatthewire1
06-28-2006, 07:21 PM
RR

Thanks for the info...it is illegal for me to use their betting service as I'm in NJ and have to use our in-state services through MED/MTH to wager from home

bigmack
06-28-2006, 07:35 PM
As PA has a modicum of Visual Basic knowledge I say we form a revolt and demand in the fashion of "RaceisClosed" that he write script for us all to use.

Come on - Who's with me on this?

Let's get him----

shanta
06-28-2006, 07:41 PM
As PA has a modicum of Visual Basic knowledge I say we form a revolt and demand in the fashion of "RaceisClosed" that he write script for us all to use.

Let's get him----

and of course living in a capitalistic society and being the reasonable men we are he would present a bill for services rendered.

and we would quietly pay :)
Rich

rrpic6
06-28-2006, 07:41 PM

Let's get him----

I'm confused?? I can't decipher your post.

bigmack
06-28-2006, 07:47 PM
and of course living in a capitalistic society and being the reasonable men we are he would present a bill for services rendered.

and we would quietly pay :)
Rich
Probably the way people have had to pay for trash service in New Rochelle for decades.
(just slide the envelope under the door)

shanta
06-29-2006, 08:13 AM
Probably the way people have had to pay for trash service in New Rochelle for decades.
(just slide the envelope under the door)

;)

Richie

AwolAtPA
06-30-2006, 11:45 AM
Supertote is a wonderful service provided to players.

I remember when I first signed up as a Bris customer you had to dial in through something called Tymnet and the big question was whether your modem was 1200 or 2400 baud.

I have never had any reason to regret giving them the necessary info since then.

hi SJK,

from another '..old timer..' who upgraded to a 2400 baud modem to reduce the download time. The service was great and only cost ten cents a minute (yes, $6.00 an hour!) to download charts. At that time, a cost justified expense because I did not have to manually enter and verify my chart data!!

I am repeatedly amazed at the youngesters complaining about signing up for a free service. As if they do not have the ability to say NO, if the service tries to sell them something else. OR, that maybe the site has some other way to get a return on there investment. OR, turn on the Spam blocker.

oh well.

awol