PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Hotels

fouroneone
06-27-2006, 06:08 PM
Lets hear what you guys like, the best, the worst and everything in between.

Of course most are sold out by now, but still........

Need reccomendations asap.

Which are close to the track?

thanks!

Suff
06-27-2006, 06:51 PM
Lets hear what you guys like, the best, the worst and everything in between.

Of course most are sold out by now, but still........

Need reccomendations asap.

Which are close to the track?

thanks!
http://www.saratogaturfandspa.com/

Turf & Spa bayyyyybeee!

Walk to everything...

All Boston & NYC guys. Find a poker game at 3 in the morning like butter!

ryesteve
06-27-2006, 07:49 PM
Pretty attractive rate for something that close to the track, but I'm guessing they don't have high-speed Internet...

Suff
06-27-2006, 07:54 PM
Pretty attractive rate for something that close to the track, but I'm guessing they don't have high-speed Internet...

I believe the whole town is a hot-spot. Speed ?

Call them up... Owner on premise's.

Down the street on the left is a Kinko's/Fed-ex. High speed, 5 bucks an hour.

1/4'r mile

Dave Schwartz
06-27-2006, 08:09 PM
Suff,

Down the street on the left is a Kinko's/Fed-ex. High speed, 5 bucks an hour.

Remember the first year when it was actually free? We'd stop in there everyday and just plug our laptops in.

They couldn't figure out why anoyone would want to do that.

Dave

Suff
06-27-2006, 08:13 PM
Suff,

They couldn't figure out why anoyone would want to do that.

Dave

How quickly times change huh? ..:lol:

Yea... who are these wierd people with tiny computers ?

They don't want copys made? They're a highly unusual lot?

Suff
06-27-2006, 09:33 PM
When I have a few bucks.......This is where you'll find me at $300 a night.

http://www.chestnuttreeinn.net/Saratoga_Bed_and_Breakfast_Our_Rooms.htm

I have no apspirations of ever being able to afford this place

The Adlephia

http://academics.skidmore.edu/saratoga_census/wiki/index.php/Saratoga's_Adelphi_Hotel_by_Jenna_Levy

Front entrance on Broadway

http://www.paceadvantage.com/gallery/albums/2003_PaceAdvantage_Saratoga_Getaway/38_G.sized.jpg (http://www.paceadvantage.com/gallery/2003_PaceAdvantage_Saratoga_Getaway/38_G?full=1)http://www.paceadvantage.com/gallery/images/pixel_trans.gifhttp://www.paceadvantage.com/gallery/images/pixel_trans.gif

Suff
06-27-2006, 09:35 PM
Although... L to R That would be me (taking the Picture:) ). BillW, Buddha ( from Pacefigures:lol: ), Trijack ( of the Holy Trinity) David Schwartz (of HSH), Daves Buddy, and Reid Mclennan -Purple power ( of Sam Houston Race Park.) In the private courtyard of the beautiful Adelphia Hotel in Saratoga springs... :ThmbUp:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/gallery/albums/2003_PaceAdvantage_Saratoga_Getaway/33_G.sized.jpg (http://www.paceadvantage.com/gallery/2003_PaceAdvantage_Saratoga_Getaway/33_G?full=1)

Dave Schwartz
06-27-2006, 10:37 PM
Okay, so a funny story about Suff.

See, whenever you go anywhere with Suff, he finds himself in the middle of the action. Like at Saratoga, we are all hanging out in the tent and going here and there to learn what is where.

Not Suff. That isn't enough. He jumps right in. He's missing a little while and comes back with (as I recall) a picture of himself and Bobby Frankel.

Another time he is actually on the track with the gate crew. On the track. During the race.

So, about the Adelphia.

The story is not much (compared with the gate crew thing) but (again, from memory) we walk in and there is a sign that says something like, "nobody allowed past this point." :lol: Somehow in Suff-speak this translates into "All of the good stuff is beyond this point" so off he goes.

I cannot recall if he actually got us to follow him on this particular shore excursion or not... I am thinking we followed a little ways.

If you go to Saratoga with Suff, just take this as a warning... he will take you places that will make you nervous but it will (I think) work out alright in the end. Uh, but I'd be careful if ski-masks are mentioned. :lol:

Dave

PS: My friend is Ken Klein, a highly respected handicapper at my house.

Tom
06-27-2006, 11:27 PM
Toga I - I couldn't find the tent...looked everywhere.
So I call SUff on his cell phone to get directions.
He and CJ are on the inner turf course, IN THE STARTING GATE!
During the races! :lol:

I finally fond them - couldn't miss Dave Schwartz - he only brought along his small computer......

Dave Schwartz
06-28-2006, 12:24 AM
Actually, I had one of the world's worst computers that year... a tablet pc.

It may be great for many things but don't ever try to use a stylus as a mouse.

You know how (with a mouse) your wrist and arm rests on the table and your hand/wrist does all the work? Well, with a stylus, your shoulder does all the rotation! After about 10 minutes of mousing you think your arm is going to fall off.

I bought a mouse ASAP.

Dave

PS: Do anyone know how one can get the monitors to stack like that? It is very cool.

bigmack
06-28-2006, 12:34 AM
anyone know how one can get the monitors to stack like that? It is very cool.
The picture shown is a custom desk that has a second tier.

Otherwise:
http://www.lcdarms.com/lcd_monitor_arms.php

Trijack
06-28-2006, 10:09 AM
High speed at Kinko's has been free for the last 3 years. Did they change their policy this year?

I promise you one thing if you go with Suff on an outing at Saratoga you will wind up doing things you never did before.

Jack

Suff
06-28-2006, 10:24 AM
[QUOTE]High speed at Kinko's has been free for the last 3 years. Did they change their policy this year ?

Maybe. What do I know? I thought is was 5. Maybe I'm thinking of the Fedex/kinkos I was using in NOLA.

I promise you one thing if you go with Suff on an outing at Saratoga you will wind up doing things you never did before.

Jack

Policies are but a mere suggestion.;) I follow all local laws:ThmbDown: ....when applicable.:ThmbUp: :D

fouroneone
06-28-2006, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the help guys.

My better half and i will say hello if we run in to any of you!

And to think i was going to pay 380 a night for a courtyard by marriott 1 mile away just so i could get my points.

Suff
06-28-2006, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the help guys.

My better half and i will say hello if we run in to any of you!

And to think i was going to pay 380 a night for a courtyard by marriott 1 mile away just so i could get my points.

what'ja end up doing? turf & Spa?

fouroneone
06-28-2006, 02:51 PM
what'ja end up doing? turf & Spa?

turf and spa looks good, gonna make my decision by the end of the week

Suff
06-28-2006, 03:32 PM
turf and spa looks good, gonna make my decision by the end of the week

This joint is directly across the street from the Backside entrance. It's a bit more rundown than Turf & SPA.

But literally on-track. A number of barns stable slightly off track and they walk right in front of your room on the way to excercise in the AM! You can throw a rock and hit the 6 furlong chute from the parking lot. on the opposite corner is the grill & bar...and its got a huge crowd ever night... live music. They open for breakfast early for the horsemen...

I think I have the picture but I won't bother to look for it... It was myself, jack, bill, buddha? and a couple more of us...that had breakfast with Barclay Tagg and his girlfriend the year FUNNYCIDE won the derby. You see a lot industry folks in and around this block.

Give them a call....

http://www.thehorseshoeinn.com/index.htm

bigmack
06-28-2006, 04:19 PM
Suff - I twirled around a pile of pics of you characters out there.

I don't care how confused you are politically - You look like a cat that enjoys the ride of life.

Cheers (but quit smokin I heard it's bad for ya)

Suff
06-28-2006, 05:04 PM
Suff -
Cheers (but quit smokin I heard it's bad for ya)

Smoking? My biography in my users profile used to say

I drink , swear,smoke, gamble and I don't care for people who don't.

Look what it says now....:lol:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/member.php?u=431

I just came off a bad run so I'm working on one vice at a time.:cool: :D

Honestly, I surfed into my profile the other day and saw what it said and thought to myself? Did I do that? Or was that some kind of sick PA joke due to my ornery nature at times????:lol: . The first few days (weeks) were a haze so maybe I did it.

bigmack
06-28-2006, 05:07 PM
I surfed into my profile the other day
Ya know you can go blind doing that?

Mike at A+
06-28-2006, 09:10 PM
Ah yes Toga Time is quickly approaching. Gotta put a plug in for the motel we've been staying at for the past 30 years. Yes, that's THIRTY. The Landmark in Glens Falls (Exit 19 Northway). And this year, they finally have high speed internet. About a 15 minute drive to the track and about 10 minutes to Lake George. Having teenagers, Lake George is a must every year. The strip in Saratoga is nice but for $350 a night at the Adelphia, we could stay at the Landmark plus have food and gas money left over plus some betting cash. Not sure when we'll be going up this year but it will probably be in mid-August for a week (definately NOT Travers week). God, I love Saratoga!

John
06-30-2006, 08:40 AM
12th to the 20th of August is a tough time of the month for me. I have two Family events that lead into both weekends.

I'll have to plan on a day or two in the week

[ To have one of those sandwiches at the Harness track Deli is worth the trip. ]

Suff
06-30-2006, 08:56 AM
12th to the 20th of August is a tough time of the month for me. I have two Family events that lead into both weekends.

I'll have to plan on a day or two in the week

[ To have one of those sandwiches at the Harness track Deli is worth the trip. ]

I just made my plans for opening weekend with Luke and Jack. Only 4 weeks!

I am really looking forward to it. Your welcome to come with us Johhny?

Bubbles
06-30-2006, 09:20 AM
Ah, the last Toga Party before I go off to college. Looking forward to it, guys!

John
06-30-2006, 09:36 AM
SUFF, there you go again!!!! Always thinking of someone else. Thanks for the offer.

I don't think the Toga guys realize what a great event opening week-end is at the spa. Anybody and everybody are there to greet you and shake hands with you and talk to you.

It's like a "coming home day party"

dccprez
06-30-2006, 12:58 PM
As a local I get to see as much of the track as I want. But my absolute most favoritetist, bestest time is opening weekend.

The atmosphere on Saturday in particular is indescribable. It's usually the first chance for the locals to get there and bunk down in the picnic area and everyone is so upbeat (perhaps because they haven't had time enough to lose all their monet yet). Everyone is just happy to be there and the season is stiill fresh and new.

No other place like it on Earth.

And I'd look forward to seeing any of the PA members at some point during the meet.

John
06-30-2006, 02:18 PM
[QUOTE=dccprez]As a local I get to see as much of the track as I want. But my absolute most favoritetist, bestest time is opening weekend.

AHHH !!! Saratoga the August place to be.

dcprez, I almost forgot, That is the week-end they run the JIM DANDY and the GO FOR WAND Stake races.

dccprez
06-30-2006, 02:54 PM
The Go for Wand is one of my favorite races.

I think Sunday is also the first give-away...I don't recall what they're handing out this year?

Suff
06-30-2006, 02:59 PM
The Go for Wand is one of my favorite races.

I think Sunday is also the first give-away...I don't recall what they're handing out this year?

Saratoga Baseball Cap.

This is the first year they will have a seperate "Players only" Gate on Giveaway days. So if your not interested in the Cap... No waiting.

Hayward's idea.

I heavily concur on the Go For Wand. I like the Test Stakes, and the Alabama as well. I'll never forget Carson Hollow and YOU in the Test. That stretch duel was out of this world.......and a Durkin classic I might add.

dccprez
06-30-2006, 04:20 PM
I'll never forget Carson Hollow and YOU in the Test. That stretch duel was out of this world.......and a Durkin classic I might add.

F'-in A right brotherman! That was an EPIC race! And you're totally right - Durkin was at the height of his power. Everyone brought their "A" game for that one.

I love the player's gate idea...
...But I still want a baseball cap. (I know; LOSER).

I'll use the players gate when they hand out the t-shirts.

I'd also like to add the Sword Dancer to my list of "races I look forward to".