PDA

View Full Version : 103-64

Valuist
06-27-2006, 03:56 PM
That's the American League record in interleague play. How many teams in the AL would be capable of winning the National League pennant? 8 maybe?

Suff
06-27-2006, 04:05 PM
Certainly you have seen what the Bo-sox did to the NL the last two weeks,

Swept Atlanta...3 game set , outscored them, 19-11
btw.. that was IN Atlanta!

Swept Washington 3 game set, outscored them 26-9

Swept Philadelphia 3 game set, outscored them 23-12

Meanwhile the Sox committed ZERO error's!
Who plays Baseball? American league, that's who. NL is the Jr. circuit.

Mets in town tonight. Pedro!

JustRalph
06-27-2006, 04:08 PM
IN the same vein..........but I think the numbers are old.......

http://www.progressiveboink.com/archive/avn.htm

Suff
06-28-2006, 08:24 AM
10 in a row... Sox put it on the Muts at the fens last night. 9-4

Towns a buzzzing with Pedro-Beckett Tonight, and Schilling-Glavine Tommorrow.

Pedro back in Beantown wearing new laundry, . 7:00 ESPN2.

Valuist
06-28-2006, 12:11 PM
Tuesday's results: AL 8 NL 1 and one rainout

YTD: AL 111-69 (61.7%)

Suff
06-29-2006, 09:01 AM
Tuesday's results: AL 8 NL 1 and one rainout

YTD: AL 111-69 (61.7%)

I saw the scroll on the bottom of the the TV last night and it looked like the AL destroyed the NL again last night.

As far as the sox.... Where's OTMAL? He knows his baseball... I think he'd agree with me, as you probably will to Valuist...

The Red Sox are playing the best baseball in the land. Another whopping on the Mets last night. 10-2. 8 to 0 by the 4th inning. Becket had a 1 hitter through 4, two hitter through 5. No errors in 13 consecutive games....and just beating the bejesus out of everything in site.

The announcer said it last night.

"this was a nice wake up call for the Mets... They've got 47 wins and been beating up on the NL East, now they come to Boston and see the caliber of teams they'll need to beat for them to seriously contend."

btw that was no schmuck we chased off the hill after 3 innings. It was Pedro Martinez.

Wiley
06-29-2006, 09:29 AM
The Red Sox are playing the best baseball in the land.

The Tigers are remarkably holding up as a solid club as well. 6 wins in a row, 12 of the last 13 and 16 wins out of the last 18 games. Great young pitching Verlander, Bonderman, Robertson and the tough vetern Rogers. Zumaya might end up a great closer throws unreal heat, saw him hit 104 mph on a pitch the other night and timely hitting. Leyland has built some confidence in a team that has been hideous for the last 15 years or so. People around here are starting to believe they won't pack it in. The only knock is I think they are winning around a .500 clip or maybe a little below .500 against the other best teams in the Al - White Sox, Red Sox, Yankees and Oakland.

The NL is in sorry shape. The interleague play numbers just highlight the disparity.

rgustafson
06-29-2006, 09:36 AM
Suff, I know that you are proud of your Bosox, and rightly so, but there are three teams in the much maligned A.L. central that are playing at an equal caliber. Let's not forget that before the Red Sox started beatimg up on these N.L. patsies, they were swept in a three game series by the Twins.

OTM Al
06-29-2006, 10:22 AM
Hey Suff I'm here. The Sox have been playing very well lately. Got to admit though a couple games in that streak have been handed to them on a silver platter, but that is the way of all streaks. Speaking of handing things on a platter, I think that's where Pedro found his head last night. I found it very interesting that the fans cheered him so loudly (which is great) but treated Johnny Damon with such contempt. Perhaps it was just a case of seeing another star leave and go to the Yanks and with Pedro they did have a cooling off period where they didn't see him for a year and a half after he left, but fact is both left for exactly the same reason. Oh well.

I wish the so called Yankee fans would give up this booing of A-Rod. This is a completely sports reporter manufactured thing too. I just don't get why they are so negative on the guy. He's not freakin' superman, but he's a damn good player they got for an absolute steal, with out a doubt one of the very best playing the game right now. I really dispise NY sports reporters, especially the retards on sports talk radio. Damn, is this an affluent country or what. People get paid to talk about sports. On that note though, I am glad to hear that one of the few good reporters, Peter Gammons, is recovering. You know he's good from the first minute you here him talk because his voice is always full of the joy of the game, rather than the childish cynacism way to many of these guys generally offer.

I think the AL east is going to be one for streaks this year. Boston will cool again and the Yanks will get hot and they will see saw all the way to September, with the Jays staying tantilizingly close, but never getting up there. Boston has been lucky to avoid the catastrophic injury problems the Yanks have had this year. I'd think things might be reversed or at least even up right now if Sheffield and Matsui were still healthy and Octavio Dotel was in the bullpen.

Edge right now has to be to the Sox though, but they are one injury to Ramirez or Ortiz away from being in the same boat with the Yanks. The bullpens in both cases, other than closers, are simply awful and terribly overused already, at least for the Yanks.

Suff
06-29-2006, 01:39 PM
Suff, I know that you are proud of your Bosox, and rightly so, but there are three teams in the much maligned A.L. central that are playing at an equal caliber. .

I wouldn't be so arrogant , as to completely dismiss Detroit... But let us be honest...

How many times have you seen upstarts like this go 35-45 in the 2nd half, after a big first half. That 162 'll get you. I predict it will get Detriot.

Let's not forget that before the Red Sox started beating up on these N.L. patsies, they were swept in a three game series by the Twins

Let us also not forget that they wouldn't of been swept if Ortiz's fly ball didnt heat a speaker!! :lol:

I think it was Francona, after the game said ,playing in Minnesota was like playing on a putt-putt golf course.... .... You gotta go around the windmill to score.

Even Hunter said the reason he didnt catch the ball off the speaker was he was looking the other way to see how high in the stands the ball was going to drop. Most all said, no ball, ever was hit that high and far in HEFTY TRASH BAG PARK!!!:rolleyes:

Suff
06-29-2006, 01:47 PM
. Great young pitching Verlander, Bonderman, Robertson and the tough vetern Rogers. Zumaya might end up a great closer throws unreal heat, saw him hit 104 mph on a pitch the other night and timely hitting. Leyland has The NL is in sorry shape. The interleague play numbers just highlight the disparity.
Detriot's a great basball town. Al Kaline is one of my all time greats... Trammel and so on..

I think it is correct to be worriesome about the 162 games in Michigan. Can they take the mound 30-35 times and throw thier best stuff in August and Sept? It'll be a fun fall if they do.

OTM Al
06-29-2006, 04:12 PM
From the Onion today...hitting sports frenzy right on the head once again....

Experts: 'This Is The Year'

June 29, 2006 | Onion Sports

BRISTOL, CT—Sports analysts around the world emphatically predicted Monday that 2006 will be the year. "They've made all the right personnel moves, signed some key role players to give them the depth they've really been missing in the playoffs, and made some smart trades and draft picks both this season and years earlier that should provide them with the perfect combination of speed and power," said SportsCenter's Stuart Scott, echoing the sentiments of over 5,000 sportswriters and experts in every city nationwide. "Their new coach is exactly what this team needs to get them motivated and give their city the championship those fans deserve. And you can quote me on that." Sportswriters are divided, however, on whether this will be the long-awaited first championship in decades, or the continuation of a dynasty.

Hey Detroit, this may be you. God knows it ain't Pittsburgh or Kansas City though...

Valuist
06-29-2006, 04:16 PM
Re: Detroit collapsing, quite a few people said the White Sox would last year. I don't know if the Tigers will last but I don't think anyone can expect them to wilt on their own. I think they will be a factor well into September.

dav4463
06-29-2006, 10:11 PM
To defend the National league.........It only takes ONE TEAM to be good enough to win the World Series so it isn't the NL representatives fault if they have an easier road to the championship. Also, if the NL puts it together and wins the All Star game.....Home field advantage!!!!

Suff
06-30-2006, 08:32 AM
Rightsox 4, Muts 2. That would be 12 in a row. :cool:

AL annihilating the NL

With only one interleague weekend remaining, the AL had an insane 127-75 interleague record through Wednesday -- a .629 winning percentage. Just so you understand what that means, if a team played .629 baseball over a 162-game season, it would win 102 games. So the National League essentially has turned every American League team into the 1976 Big Red Machine

Through Wednesday, five AL teams -- the Red Sox (13-1), Tigers (13-2), Twins (13-2), White Sox (12-2) and Mariners (12-2) -- had better than .800 interleague winning percentages. And there never has been a season in which that many teams crushed their pals from the other league, not even if we lower the threshold to .750.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&id=2503236

BetHorses!
06-30-2006, 11:43 PM
Re: Detroit collapsing, quite a few people said the White Sox would last year. I don't know if the Tigers will last but I don't think anyone can expect them to wilt on their own. I think they will be a factor well into September.

How are you Valuist? Tigers are now 55-25, if they split their remaining 82 games they will finish 96-66--- Jim Leyland doing one fine job over there.

BetHorses!
06-30-2006, 11:52 PM
I actually posted this on a World Series Futures thread started by SQ764 before the 2005 season:

Value Play has to be Tigers at 75-1, not saying they will win but 75-1 on a team that is moving forward is good enough for me

I was one year early but got them again pretty good this year :cool:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17841&highlight=Tigers

Valuist
07-05-2006, 11:03 AM
BH-

The NFL starts in just about 2 months. I bought a NFL magazine the other day. I usually take a couple weeks off from the horses in July.

Have you been crushing the Pinny horse matchups? I think the matchups are becoming my best bet. I think those that have bet sports moneylines have an advantage over the average Joe who has only made conventional horse wagers.

Great call on the 75-1 futures play on the Tigers.

headhawg
07-05-2006, 05:24 PM
Tigers are now 55-25, if they split their remaining 82 games they will finish 96-66--- Jim Leyland doing one fine job over there.That is essentially what the White Sox did last year. They had a great 1st half and then played about .500 for the 2nd. The difference was that they had a pretty good lead in the standings, and the Indians came charging (hard) late. The Tigers have the White Sox breathing down their necks already, and have a 5-1 record against the Tigers as well.

I still think that the White Sox are the best team in baseball, but unlike last year their pitching isn't as solid. On paper, yes, but in reality it seems to be hit or miss after Contreras. And the bullpen -- aside from Jenks and maybe Cotts and Thornton -- is scary.

BetHorses!
07-05-2006, 09:46 PM
BH-

The NFL starts in just about 2 months. I bought a NFL magazine the other day. I usually take a couple weeks off from the horses in July.

Have you been crushing the Pinny horse matchups? I think the matchups are becoming my best bet. I think those that have bet sports moneylines have an advantage over the average Joe who has only made conventional horse wagers.

Great call on the 75-1 futures play on the Tigers.

Very excited about NFL this year. Did you bet the Saints future?

I also usually scale down horses before the SPA cause historically I always lose in July. Matchups have been good and I imagine you are doing really well also. The 75-1 was last year, which was a loser but I got them this year Pennant plus World Series so I have good action. My baseball plays have been solid (I only bet DOGS) and I am currently +25 units so far and some other players that I respect greatly are all down this season at the moment.