PDA

View Full Version : Get started!!

joeyreb
06-25-2006, 02:40 AM
In the past, I've been moderately successful handicapping using the PPs and the Beyers. I'm about 3/4 through Brohamer's MPH. Wow, alot of information. He doesn't give you a good starting point or how start using his methods.

Any suggestions?

Are the Bris.net PP's figures very good?

Joe

Dick Schmidt
06-25-2006, 02:58 AM
One of the problems in pace handicapping is you can't really ease into it. It's all or nothing. I would suggest you start by keeping track profiles, which are based on results, not your handicapping. Then start picking pacelines, running figs and keeping a Brohamer Model. It will quickly point out where you are week. Play on paper as long as it takes to show a consistent profit, then start with a very small bankroll ($1-200) and work up from there. Be prepared to spend at least 6 months, maybe a year, mastering this and know that you will never reach the level of Brohamer (trust me, I tried, and I had Tom sitting right next to me). If you make it, you'll make money at the track for the rest of your life. Good luck.

Dick

What do you do when you see an endangered animal eating an endangered plant?

bigmack
06-25-2006, 03:17 AM
Those two posts are why a board like this is rather nifty.

A guy stating out has some questions and a giant within the game takes the time to offer guidance. And to top it off has the level of encouragement to say "If you make it, you'll make money at the track for the rest of your life. Good luck".

Powerful stuff.

Dick Schmidt
06-26-2006, 01:35 AM
Wish I'd seen that post from the "giant of the game" but it was gone when I finally took a look. My post is still there, though.

Dick

Fe Fi Fo Fum