PDA

View Full Version : DEL PHA CNL for Saturday

Bathless
06-24-2006, 10:00 AM
DEL

RACE 1 #2 Stop For Moonshine has been claimed twice in 3 career starts. Someone suspects he might have talent. Trainer very good off the claim and has an excellent record with Maiden Claimers.

RACE 2 #1 Xtravagant Kat makes her 3yo debut for Tim Salzman. Hot Jock/Trainer combo. Works say she's ready.

RACE 3 #6 A Little Bit Salty makes a rare DEL start for Dove Houghton. Could surprise if she doesn't get involved in duel. Worth the risk at ML 8/1.

RACE 4 # 4 Too Salty For Me won big last, going the right way, sits the trip.

RACE 5 # 11 Sway With The Wind is from the hottest barn on the grounds. If he takes to the grass, he could spring the upset. ML 8/1 acceptable.

RACE 6 #3 Mr. Conover stretches out for a hot barn after an even effort in a fast sprint. Looking to upset probable odds-on fave, who, hopefully, doesn't get the easy, uncontested lead he got in his last. Watch for scratches which might affect the pace.

RACE 7 #2 Pagan Moon might be the one to catch in a tough contest.

RACE 8 #1 Pulpit Talk might have the best late kick on the grass. Turf only.

PHILADELPHIA

RACE 5 #4 Crystal Beach comes right back for Turchi, stepping up in class. Barn a threat with quick returns. Has shown little on turf. MTO.

COLONIAL

RACE 9 #4 Outperformance took the Hill Prince over soft ground. It rained a bit at CNL last night, more possible this afternoon. Big chance at a square price with Javy aboard.

Bathless
06-24-2006, 10:55 AM
In the 8th at PHA, #8 Matt's A Giant(6/1) could upset. Farro is strong in turf sprints. Downside is that bug boy has probably never won one of these turf dashes, so we'll demand 9/1. Last 2 efforts put him close to the top 2 in here.

Bathless
06-25-2006, 08:56 AM
I hadn't played a DEL full card in over a year, but decided to give it a try. It was my impression (real or imagined) that DEL racing had improved since PIM went dark. I went up to MTH to play. I usually only drive 25 miles to play live racing, but I hadn't gotten together with my buddies in a while, so....

Wasn't sure what kind of shape the DEL track would be in. Turned out sloppy, improved to good, then wetfast (off the turf). PHA was FST/FRM. MTH Muddy->Sloppy (1 race run on turf, 1 taken off and delayed during a storm). CNL was FIRM. Different conditions everywhere. Looked like this was going to be a good day to just watch.

DELAWARE
RACE 1 The crowd helped out by betting Stop For Moonshine down to 8/5, too short for my taste, saving me $$$. Ran 4th.

RACE 2 Xtravagant Kat was ready, but only to burn up my first bet of the day. Ran 5th.

RACE 3 A Little Bit Salty scratched.

RACE 4 Too Salty For Me ran 5th. I passed, largely because I was already aware it wasn't going to be my day.

RACE 5 Sway With The Wind was 3rd, but race was off the turf. I ignored the race more than I passed on it.

RACE 6 Mr. Conover ran 5th. I was dumb enough to try to beat CAT CRIMINAL, a 3YO who looks like he might be capable of bigger and better things this summer. This was the final omen. Wallet closed.

RACE 7 Pagan Moon scratched.

RACE 8 Pulpit Talk scratched.

PHILADELPHIA

RACE 5 Crystal Beach ran 3rd, probably his best career turf effort. I passed when they stayed on the turf.

RACE 8 Matt's A Giant scratched.

COLONIAL

RACE 9 Outperformance went off at just under 7-1, not quite enough for me. Besides, I was already shut down for the day. Good thing. Showing Up won mighty easily.

It was comfortable in the teletheater yesterday. Not very crowded, and nothing but nice, polite people (not always the case). But playing multiple tracks is much better done from my PC. The only reason to go up to MTH is to play the live card, for camaraderie, or both. I think that, beginning next week, the MTH meeting will start looking more like its usual self.