PDA

View Full Version : hsh

motorhead
06-22-2006, 05:24 PM
hello all

to those experienced with hsh, which areas of the program have you found to be the most successful?

any/all help is greatly appreciated

thanks

lsbets
06-22-2006, 09:17 PM
Motorhead - Pickmaster, Objects, and the underused and too often overlooked SLTs (Sheetlike Things).

PaceAdvantage
06-23-2006, 03:45 AM
I am currently using HSH. I've tried to give it a go more than once in the past, but for some reason or another, I never gave it the dedication that it needed for me to master the program.

That has changed, and I am finding more and more to like about this program with every passing day. I recently (before diving back into HSH) PM'd Dave Schwartz the folllowing complement:

You do realize that you are THE premier thinker out there in handicapping software-land, right?

After using HSH devoutly for the past few weeks, I now know I wasn't simply kissing ass with that line.

As for me, I'm in the middle of taking Dave's workshop, which really has little to do with HSH, but certainly can be applied to the program. I'll have a full review of both the classes and the software in the near future.

And for the record, I'm currently using the AI features of HSH, specifically the swarms (not being any sort of expert on these things, I am assuming the swarms are grounded in genetic algorithms).

Zaf
06-23-2006, 07:51 AM
PA,

Looking forward to the review :ThmbUp:

Z

Red Knave
06-23-2006, 10:30 AM
I recently (before diving back into HSH) PM'd Dave Schwartz the folllowing compliment:
You do realize that you are THE premier thinker out there in handicapping software-land, right?
After using HSH devoutly for the past few weeks, I now know I wasn't simply kissing ass with that line.
Even though you can use mainstream stuff like pace, having the ability to think outside the box will make a big difference in how you approach and use HSH.

Motorhead, I think the most useful and succesful parts are $Net, Probability and Fair Odds in Objects/Events.

I'd willingly concede him the title of the Premier TalkerSuff, while Dave may agree with you on that, I know that you can hold your own with anyone. ;) :D
There may be others who can think at the same level, but I don't know of anyone else who is writing about it and putting those new ideas into their software.

Maxspa
06-25-2006, 03:08 PM
PA,
Being a former user of HSH, my interest in the latest efforts and additions to the program has been renewed. Your remarks and Red Knave comments have been informative plus precisely describe Dave Schwartz's contributions to the handicapping scene. I hope that when you give your review it includes a week's worth of selections and the areas of HSH you used to determine the choices.
Maxspa

Dave Schwartz
06-25-2006, 10:00 PM
We are back from our Alaskan cruise... what a rejuvenator! The HorseStreet office will re-open on Tuesday.

Just so everyone knows, look for some new announcements about HSH in the next few days, including a complete class schedule for the rest of the summer as well as some new, easier ways to purchase HSH.

Meantime, I have to go make up for these long summer days (without much night) and get some rest. (Sunset at 10:40pm and sunrise at 4am... is that nuts or what?)

Later.

Dave

Topcat
07-02-2006, 03:28 AM
PA: Give us a HSH update? Are you still using it?

facorsig
07-02-2006, 07:28 AM
After about ten years with All In One, I switched to HSH in early May, largely based on some of the threads here on PA. I was largely using All In One Verion 6 to fuel superfecta and trifecta wagers using the All In One V6 trifecta reports. I have also used All In One V5 to play Pick-3s, but V5 had slowly corrupted and I could not get technical help to resolve the models. I have been very loyal to All In One over the last ten years, buying every par and program upgrade. I had about 126,000 races in my V5 database. V6 of All In One was very different than V5, so effectively I was using two programs with a single data download.

I needed a month before I had enough time to watch the training materials and start wagering. I have started with HSH using "7 button approach". Starting with a $200 stake, I was down to $18 before I caught a series of good tickets and presently stand at $900 stake. Seems like a lot of churn which is great for those using rebate schemes. "7 button" is extremely simplistic. Slowly, I am progressing to the more sophisticated approaches.

As I develop confidence, I see enormous potential for HSH. Hands down, this is a dramatic improvement over All In One, which was a good handicapping software program. Strengths of HSH include capability to support pace, speed and other handicapping approaches. With All In One, I had fifteen handicapping factors, but HSH there are hundreds of factors which the training materials show you how to customize to fit your approach.

Hope this helps.

Fred

joeyspicks
07-02-2006, 07:32 PM
"Just so everyone knows, look for some new announcements about HSH in the next few days, including a complete class schedule for the rest of the summer as well as some new, easier ways to purchase HSH."

Dave,

I look forward to this announcement. I consider it a "follie" of a huge magitude to have missed the opportunity to purchase HSH at a discounted price earlier. I have been out the loop for personal reasons and missed my chance.....but I'm making it a point to check this site for Daves updates. I regret missing the chance to purchase HSH at the discount.
I have tested many fine pieces of software and have a definite opinion about them at this time. I will say that I look foreward to the opportunity to purchase HSH. Dave has one of the best "minds" in this game. Learn whatever you can from him. It will surely do you know harm!

Joe

Dave Schwartz
07-02-2006, 08:12 PM
Joey,

I am working on it as we speak and hopefully it will be available later tonight or tomorrow.

If you (or anyone else) would like to give me a call I will be happy to explain it to you before I go public with it.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Maxspa
07-02-2006, 09:01 PM
All,
Could Dave's new ass't "Flyer" from New York State be Charlie Mone??
Maxspa!

Dave Schwartz
07-02-2006, 09:08 PM
No, not my old friend Charlie Mone but rather another New Yorker, Charlie Iovino.

Dave

PaceAdvantage
07-03-2006, 02:03 AM
PA: Give us a HSH update? Are you still using it?

Still using it? It's only been a little over a week since my last post...lol You don't give me much credit, do you? :lol:

Yes, I'm still using it....but I'm waiting until my classes with Dave are finished until I embark on a serious review....

Lefty
07-03-2006, 11:46 AM
Still using it? It's only been a little over a week since my last post...lol You don't give me much credit, do you? :lol:

Yes, I'm still using it....but I'm waiting until my classes with Dave are finished until I embark on a serious review....
One thing about us horseplayers, PA; we are an impatient lot...

shanta
07-03-2006, 01:51 PM
I spoke with Dave on the phone this morning for an hour and a half.

He REALLY is doing things in racing that are cutting edge relating to volume wagers-rebates-NOT focusing on " traditional capping" but instead on exploiting pools for PROFIT.

He kinda lost me early on with the things he is doing BUT after taking the time to explain certain things and giving me examples I have a bit of an idea of how he is treating racing today.

We have NOT always seen eye to eye on everything and have battled before. However he has always been very very cool with me and treated me fairly and respectfully. He also has given me some pretty good advice on a personal family issue that he didn't have to do.

Some of the new tools in H3 seem pretty cool as he described them. He certainly knows how to WIN at the races.

I just wanted to thank him publicly for going out of his way to call me and really explain some of his new concepts in an easily ( well kinda :) ) understood way.

Thanx Dave
Richie

Dave Schwartz
07-03-2006, 05:29 PM
Richie,

Thank you for the kind words.

But lest anyone else get to thinking I am a really nice guy, I only called because Richie had emailed me and (apparently) got trapped in my spam filter.

The new pricing will be up in just a few minutes, btw.

Dave

banacek
07-03-2006, 07:02 PM
Just so everyone knows, look for some new announcements about HSH in the next few days, including a complete class schedule for the rest of the summer as well as some new, easier ways to purchase HSH.

I also missed out on the discounted HSH. I am impressed with what I have seen but have never pulled the trigger and bought it. I'm more concerned with the cost of data than the software price (or paying over time). I play mostly one track about 75 times a year (other than some fun money on a few others when I'm bored) - a couple of times a week for 8 months. That may make me seem amateur, but I bet fairly good sums and am serious when I'm betting. My job and family obligations do not make it possibvle to bet any more dates. But paying $129 a month for 8 or so files just makes no sense.

There must be more like me around, isn't there? (Insert humourous response here)

Dave Schwartz
07-03-2006, 07:07 PM
We have released our new pricing plans.

Basically, we have 3 options.

1. Cash - $599 - same as always.

2. Rent - $50 per month. Startup cost is $99 plus 1st month.

3. Rent-to-Own - Pick your own monthly payment. Startup cost is $99 plus 1st month.

Note that all 3 plans include a $16 shipping charge (FedEx, 2nd day).

A complete set of HSH videos - over 40 hours of how-to knowledge - is also included.

http://www.horsestreet.com/products/index.html

In honor of July 4th, we will be having a special sale.
From now, 4pm (pacific) on Monday, July 3rd to 10am (pacific) until Wednesday, July 5th, the price for PaceAdvantage members will be $374 (plus shipping).

To sweaten the deal even more, the first three people to call and place orders will get an additional $75 off. This extra discount only applies to cash deals.

Note: If you are going to sign up for the rent-to-own plan, the purchase price will not affect your monthly payment or startup costs but will change the number of months. In other words, your discount will be taken at the end.

Special Discount for Veterans
During this sale, any honorably discharged veteran may deduct an additional $100. (Proof of honorable discharge is required.)

If you are a disabled veteran, your price for HSH is absolutely free. Proof of disability is required. (We will charge you the $99 startup cost plust $16 shipping.)

Those currently on active duty will be treated the same as disabled veterans.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

sq764
07-03-2006, 07:41 PM
We have released our new pricing plans.

[
Special Discount for Veterans
During this sale, any honorably discharged veteran may deduct an additional $100. (Proof of honorable discharge is required.)

If you are a disabled veteran, your price for HSH is absolutely free. Proof of disability is required. (We will charge you the $99 startup cost plust $16 shipping.)

Those currently on active duty will be treated the same as disabled veterans.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz
Dave, very nice touch.. Commendable gesture..

Tom
07-03-2006, 07:52 PM
Salute to you Dave - damn decent thing to do.

lsbets
07-03-2006, 08:03 PM
Dave's support of veterans and servicemen is nothing new, nor is it a marketing scheme. I've never met Dave, although we talk fairly often, and he was one of the most supportive people for me and my family while I was away and after I returned home. And aside from being a pretty decent guy, his software ain't bad either. :jump:

Dave Schwartz
07-03-2006, 08:15 PM
Thank you for the kind words. They are always appreciated.

But it is the veteran who had his life changed by doing the honorable thing that needs to be complimented. Always.

I just regret that our cost per unit is so high that we must charge the $99.

Dave

richrosa
07-04-2006, 12:40 AM
not to get off topic, but since its Independence Day.

I went to Emerald Downs Friday night. Its an awesome track. A model for every mid-size city track to emulate.

At the airport I was getting a beer before my redeye to the East Coast. I noticed a serviceman at the other side of the bar waiting for a beer too. I was served first and told the bartender that I was buying the serviceman a drink.

A young fellow next to me noticed and said, "Are you treating the military?".

I said, "No, he's treating me."

For all you that have served, or are serving, "Thanks for your service." If you get to a track near me, please let me buy you a beer.

Good job Dave.

Dave Schwartz
07-04-2006, 12:52 AM
Rich,

Please make sure that you are wearing that "I'd like to buy you a beer" tee-shirt. <G>

You know, if you get a special one made that says, "Tom, I'd like to buy you some chowder," and you wear it to Saratoga, you will meet a really interesting guy.

Seriously, this country simply does not do enough for its service men and ex-service men. (Okay - service people is more appropriate.)

Dave

Tom
07-04-2006, 11:46 AM
Dave,
I'm bringing my own spoon this year!

JoeLong
07-04-2006, 12:53 PM
There must be more like me around, isn't there? (Insert humourous response here)

Agreed, I always thought that if anyone was ever to crack the code and take handicapping to its next level it would be Dave, but he writes for those who's goal is to be full-time players. Like most, I play when I can and cannot be tied to the care & feeding of databases, life is too short.

Anyway, over the 20 years or so that I have been playing there does not seem to be any perceived improvement in the 80% of racegoers who regularly bet their favorite numbers or colors and those players can still be beat on a day-to-day basis with a respectable pace program.

Dave, I always remember you to have a generous heart, keep up the good work.

Dave Schwartz
07-04-2006, 01:18 PM
Joe,

Like most, I play when I can and cannot be tied to the care & feeding of databases, life is too short.

Amazingly, almost half our players use no database at all.

However, I would say that all of our players are committed.
(But a few will be getting out soon. :lol: )

Dave

Red Knave
07-04-2006, 08:38 PM
However, I would say that all of our players are committed.Doeas anyone remember Buddy from the TV show Night Court?
... but I'm much better now! :D

Handiman
07-04-2006, 11:09 PM
I don't think there is a more honorable profession than serving in the military, and putting your life on the line for millions of people you don't know. Whenever I hear someone dengrate what our soldiers are doing, they get an earfull from me. I promptly tell them if they don't like it, then go to Washington and bitch at the guys who put our people in harms way, or shut the F*** up.

As for D. Schwartz, I too have communicated with him a time or two, and have come away the better for it. He has been the consumate professional in our dealings, and one can tell that he'd make a helluva good friend.

So thanks to all the Service MEN and WOMEN for our way of life and it's protection. And thanks to Dave for being such a stand up guy.

Happy 4th to all!!!
Handiman

Dave Schwartz
07-05-2006, 10:48 AM
Please note: I have had a couple of people who wrote to my personal email and (apparently) got trapped in my SPAM filter.

If you are trying to write to HorseStreet for the first time, please send your email to sales@HorseStreet.com.

We have a huge spam problem - I get around 3,200 spams per day! (Which is down from a high of 8,500.)

Dave Schwartz

Dave Schwartz
07-12-2006, 08:32 PM
So, the July 4th sale has come and gone. If you were interested in purchasing and missed the sale, take heart. HSH will be on eBay tonight and will close next Wednesday!

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

You know, I was really tempted to ask Rook to beat a few more times... It is always good for business.

Dave Schwartz
07-14-2006, 10:05 PM
The link to the auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&item=180006929077&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Dave Schwartz
07-20-2006, 03:32 PM
Attention to the winner of the HSH eBay auction yesterday. It seems that eBay has eaten your shipping address.

Please contact Beth's Auction as soon as possible so that we may expedite the shipping.

In addition, here is one more auction...

http://cgi.ebay.com/HSH-HORSESTREET-HANDICAPPER-SOFTWARE_W0QQitemZ180009650614QQihZ008QQcategoryZ4 29QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Dave Schwartz
07-25-2006, 07:20 PM
Auction ended.

For those who may be interested, please be aware that there will be precisely one more auction, then no more.

It will go up tonight and end a week from tonight.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz