PDA

View Full Version : The missing 710

IRISHLADSTABLE
06-21-2006, 02:13 PM
Are you missing a 710 ???

Yesterday I was having some work done at the car dealer. A blonde
woman came in and asked for a seven-hundred-ten. They all looked at
each other, and the Mechanic asked, "What is a seven-hundred-ten?"
She replied, "You know, the little piece in the middle of the engine.
I lost it and need a new one. It had always been there."
The mechanic gave the woman a piece of paper and a pen and asked her
to draw what the piece looked like. She drew a circle and in the
middle of it wrote 710. He then took her over to another car which had
the hood up and asked, "Is there a 710 on this car?" She pointed and
said, "Of course, it's right there."

Click here to learn the identity of the mysterious 710:

www.mademelaugh.com/gfx/710.jpg

lsbets
06-21-2006, 02:53 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You can have lots of fun with cars. When I was a platoon leader, one of my NCOs sent a brand new private down to the motor pool to swap out the summer air for the winter air in the tires on all the humvees! The motor sergeant was pretty pissed that this kid let the air out of all the tires.

Tom
06-21-2006, 03:02 PM
Good one.

When we were yonger - 18 - a buddy drove up to our beer party at the lake opne afternoon. We ran over to his car and showed great concern wehn we asked him how long has his been running like THAT?!
He had no idea what we were talking about and we expl;ained that it looked like his knivelin pin was shot! We told him this was serious as this pin held the suspension together.
We told him to take it to the garage ASAP and drive Sloooooooowly getting there. He drove off at about 5,ph and we were rolling on the ground!

But the best laugh was yet to come. He came back a couple of hours later and told us the guy at the garage said he was lucky he got it there when he did and "changed it" for him - only $35.00! :lol:

kenwoodallpromos
06-21-2006, 03:11 PM
My guess was air filter!LOL!!

melman
06-21-2006, 04:53 PM
When I was on duty in Nam and Germany I worked in the top secret/crypto area very restricted. Man did we have some fun in that section. :lol: New guys would have to "clean the tape filters" of course of which there were none. Any outside the section work details were out of bounds as we had "tc" work to handle 24/7 :lol: Some of the contents of Secret/Secret restricted were a laugh riot. The real deals were in Top Secret/Noforn and Secret/Noforn. BTW Isbets when ya having lunch tomorrow. :lol: :lol: that a Secret/Restricted not so keep in quiet please. :jump:

Pace Cap'n
06-21-2006, 05:34 PM
OK, here's mine. In Nam I was a radio operator (think 10' antenna in 7' grass).

Our comm equipment had all sorts of of alpha-numeric nomenclature, such as PRC-25, RT-47, TSC-15, etc.

When a newbie showed up, he was immediately sent to supply to procure an ST-1. He would be given a heavy box which he had to lug back, and upon his return he would be told to open the box. Which contained a nice size rock.

An ST-1. An ST-ONE. A stone.

Snag
06-21-2006, 05:48 PM
Pace Cap'n, was your MOS 31M20 in Nam?

lsbets
06-21-2006, 05:51 PM
OK, here's mine. In Nam I was a radio operator (think 10' antenna in 7' grass).

Our comm equipment had all sorts of of alpha-numeric nomenclature, such as PRC-25, RT-47, TSC-15, etc.

When a newbie showed up, he was immediately sent to supply to procure an ST-1. He would be given a heavy box which he had to lug back, and upon his return he would be told to open the box. Which contained a nice size rock.

An ST-1. An ST-ONE. A stone.

You'll like this Pace. My problem was always when I would get bored, I would decide to have some fun. We had a real wise assed E-4 in my company, and a grizzled old E-7 working commo at battalion. One day I called over the E-4 and said "Hey, you remember those old PRC-77 (pronounced prick-77 for those who don't know) radios?" He said he did. I then told him he need to go to battalion and find SFC Archer and bring me back a PRC-E7 (prick E-7) for one of our radios.

Archer laughed his ass off when figured out why the kid stood at parade rest and said "Sergeant, CPT S sent me up here to get the prick E-7".

melman
06-21-2006, 06:20 PM
You guys are making me laugh to hard what a bunch of ST-1/PRC-77's :jump: