PDA

View Full Version : Al-Jazeera less biased than New York Times ?

schweitz
06-19-2006, 11:49 AM
http://newsbusters.org/node/5969

Tom
06-19-2006, 12:21 PM
I once wrapped a dead fish in a NY Times.....the ASPCA sent me a nasty letter! :rolleyes:

Suff
06-19-2006, 12:47 PM
ht
(http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2006/06/15/opinion/15opchart.html)

skate
06-19-2006, 03:31 PM
an i'm prayin for that fish

just think, what a way to go, gees

Suff
06-19-2006, 07:14 PM
an i'm prayin for that fish

just think, what a way to go, gees

veddy veddy important to understand what your for and against.

The Gentleman quoted in this story.....and held up as a "Victory" for America....

Is none other than..The former head of The Al-Dawa Party.

For pragmatic reasons, Washington has chosen to ignore the Al-Da'wa Party's record of anti-Americanism. Al-Da'wa is believed to be responsible for the 1983 bombing of U.S. and French embassies in Kuwait, which killed six and injured dozens. In addition, radical clerics from Al Da'wa founded Lebanon's Hizbullah organization, believed to be responsible for the Oct. 23, 1983, suicide attack that killed 241 U.S. Marines in Beirut.

ljb
06-19-2006, 09:15 PM
Here is an interesting story from the Wash Post.
snippet
NEW YORK The Washington Post has obtained a cable, marked "sensitive," that it says shows that just before President Bush left on a surprise trip last Monday to the Green Zone in Baghdad for an upbeat assessment of the situation there, "the U.S. Embassy in Iraq painted a starkly different portrait of increasing danger and hardship faced by its Iraqi employees."

for complete story follow link below.

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002690071

JustRalph
06-20-2006, 08:13 AM
yeah, yeah, we know. Bad news is good news for you.

ljb
06-20-2006, 01:14 PM
yeah, yeah, we know. Bad news is good news for you.
Now why would you think that. I do believe we should face the truth. Bad or good, it is reality. Ouch, that hurts some here, sorry.

bigmack
06-20-2006, 01:33 PM
Trust ya'll saw the OReilly piece but here it is if ya missed
Click on top link "What the NYTimes won't tell you..."
http://www.billoreilly.com/

Tom
06-20-2006, 01:49 PM
Now why would you think that. I do believe we should face the truth. Bad or good, it is reality. Ouch, that hurts some here, sorry.

The news might hurt YOU, but not us.

skate
06-20-2006, 02:13 PM
So Suff;

not sure...
did you post, just so you could bring some forgotten point to lite? now we could be drifting on and on with this sort of comparison, maybe you should bring to lite "what was the real intent of Ben Franklin", i mean you can really go deep here.

but what gets my attention is the fact that "I" didn't refer to what you are talking about, i only made referance to the Frig... NY times newspaper.

it seems senseless to coment about issues or points, when very few people here or elsewhere really pay "no concern" for what is posted in the first place.

oh, that does not mean ( i have to addthis) that i would be the only person that pays attention to anything what-so-ever.

no no no, i too, just throw in the towel.

butr if you would like to make a related point, feel free and i'll read the above to find out what you were talking bout.

Suff
06-20-2006, 08:05 PM
So Suff;

[QUOTE]
not sure...
did you post, just so you could bring some forgotten point to lite?

I posted in direct response to the link that Schweitz posted. The criticisms laid on the NY times, was a crime of omission. A person named Mowaffaq al-Rubaie reported that "end to al-Qaeda" is near. That person (Mowaffaq al-Rubaie) is either directly or indirectly responsible for the killing of 241 Marines in Beirut.

That's a fact. So I'm wondering why anyone would be upset that he's not given coverage, before they would ask themselves "why is that MF'r getting USA tax Dollars"?

Here is the quote, from the link, posted by Scwietz , who started the thread.

“An Iraqi security adviser has predicted ‘the end of al-Qaeda’ in his country, on a day that a mosque was attacked, labourers were shot and the US said it had lost 2,500 troops there so far.

“Mowaffaq al-Rubaie told a televised news conference in Baghdad on Thursday that his country’s security forces had seized documents giving them the edge over the group.

“‘We believe this is the beginning of the end of al-Qaeda in Iraq,’ he said.”

Though almost totally inconceivable, al-Rubaie was quoted both frequently and favorably by Al-Jazeera:

“‘The government is on the attack now … to destroy al-Qaeda and to finish this terrorist organisation in Iraq.’”

“‘I present to you a document that was found in one of Zarqawi’s computers that reveals many dangerous things and gives details on strategy and plans of the al Qaeda terrorist organisation in Iraq.’”

“‘These documents have given us the edge over al-Qaeda and also gave us the whereabouts of their network, of their leaders, of their weapons and the way they lead the organisation and the whereabouts of their meetings.’

but what gets my attention is the fact that "I" didn't refer to what you are talking about, i only made reference to the Frig... NY times newspaper.

I'd be curious how many NY Times you've bought and read? Have you ever?
I read it all the time. Without question the best Newspaper in the world. And I've read a few so I consider my opinion worthy.

The post I made right before you, is a balance sheet of the events in Iraq. The real facts. Not a shill. That's what Schietz's source is. A bought opinion. Read the balance sheet. I posted it as a factual guide to the events in Iraq, despite what the Murderer of 241 Marines tells you. Read the sheet. You disagree with it? You take the word of a murdering bastard over a document supported by facts?

Additionally , as a matter of course, I think about what they're saying. They say they dropped two 500 pound bombs on Zarqawi house. Yet they tell me a Memory stick, and a laptop and paperwork were retrieved. I don't know..... sounds fishy. Dead bodies everywhere... but Laptops, Memory sticks and paperwork,,,,just fine????:confused:

That's the Cynic in me.

it seems senseless to comment about issues or points, when very few people here or elsewhere really pay "no concern" for what is posted in the first place

What I posted has a direct correlation to the thread. The Murdering Bastard said one thing, and I'm posting facts that show he is also a lying bastard.

oh, that does not mean ( i have to add this) that i would be the only person that pays attention to anything what-so-ever.

no no no, i too, just throw in the towel.

This I don't get?

but if you would like to make a related point, feel free and I'll read the above to find out what you were talking bout

The NY Times is owned by the Ochs-Sulzberger's. They've run it since 1896. Same people for a long long time. They recently bought the Boston Globe. That Paper was run by the Taylor family since 1845! They all served in the Civil War (Generals), and every war since. They seen the country through every imaginable event.

In Boston, and NY certainly there are many papers. When I was kid, Boston had 7 daily newspapers. A few of them had Morning, Afternoon , and evening editions. Newspapers are funny. The Mayor would do something, and one papers headline would scream "Mayor puts City in Jeopardy", you'd walk a 1/2 block and another papers headline would scream "Mayor Saves City!"

I don't rely on any one media source for the end all, on anything.

If Your argument is that the NY Times is anti-American, I'm sorry, I base my opinions on 100 years of History under one family's ownership... Not the newest political spin.

You may have saw the PA member Big Mack also posted in this thread..? Something about Bill Oreilly bashing the NY Times. Bill Oreilly? Your talking about some guy who worked at Inside Edition for 7 years before joining Fox.

While at Inside Edition, Bill Oreilly informed America of valuable information such as, who was sleeping with who in Hollywood, and who was wearing whose Dress down the red carpet at the Oscar's, and who was Gay, and who drank to much, and who was having an affair. Real Powerful journalism... no? Now he jumps to Fox and he's Big Mack's Messiah. And perhaps yours.

PaceAdvantage
06-20-2006, 10:55 PM
[QUOTE=skate]I don't rely on any one media source for the end all, on anything.

If Your argument is that the NY Times is anti-American, I'm sorry, I base my opinions on 100 years of History under one family's ownership... Not the newest political spin.

You may have saw the PA member Big Mack also posted in this thread..? Something about Bill Oreilly bashing the NY Times. Bill Oreilly? Your talking about some guy who worked at Inside Edition for 7 years before joining Fox.

While at Inside Edition, Bill Oreilly informed America of valuable information such as, who was sleeping with who in Hollywood, and who was wearing whose Dress down the red carpet at the Oscar's, and who was Gay, and who drank to much, and who was having an affair. Real Powerful journalism... no? Now he jumps to Fox and he's Big Mack's Messiah. And perhaps yours.

If there was an applause sound effect, I'd stick it on BigMack's Bill O'Reilly video link. One of the best things I've seen about the NY Times since they fired that "journalist" guy for making up stories. This one isn't too far behind.

Did you bother to watch the video Suff, or are you guilty of exactly what you accuse others of doing?

Suff
06-20-2006, 11:25 PM
[QUOTE=Suff]

Did you bother to watch the video Suff, or are you guilty of exactly what you accuse others of doing?

you of all people. :D Who still hasn't watched the C-span video I sent you a year and a 1/2 ago.

The Gentleman he talks about has been convicted of the same amount of Crimes as Tom Delay....and indicted less often.

I don't know the story behind the gentlemans travels. I do know he was released by George Bush. so what say you?
Seriously, is complexity gone on vacation in America?

Prove to me...anything you know about that man. Not what Orielly tells you....but what you know from any source?

Or are you sheeping?

PaceAdvantage
06-21-2006, 12:00 AM
[QUOTE=PaceAdvantage]

you of all people. :D Who still hasn't watched the C-span video I sent you a year and a 1/2 ago.

The Gentleman he talks about has been convicted of the same amount of Crimes as Tom Delay....and indicted less often.

I don't know the story behind the gentlemans travels. I do know he was released by George Bush. so what say you?
Seriously, is complexity gone on vacation in America?

Prove to me...anything you know about that man. Not what Orielly tells you....but what you know from any source?

Or are you sheeping?

CSPAN? Come on Suff....I need to stay awake for a few more hours....

The burden of proof isn't on me if I believe O'Reilly. The burden is on you to prove what he's saying about the guy is false (and what he conveniently left out of his editorial piece....it was an editorial piece, wasn't it?.....oh no, wait, IT WAS A NEWS ARTICLE).

Do you have any proof that what O'Reilly said was in error?

BTW, I haven't had as good a laugh as I had watching O'Reilly relate the New York Time's description of this "poor man's ordeal" as a BAD VACATION DECISION!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

"A barber who made a wrong turn at Kandahar......" PRICELESS COMEDY!

Anyone who hasn't watched that O'Reilly clip, you're in for a treat....

Lefty
06-21-2006, 12:50 AM
suff, yes O'Reilly worked on that "godawful" tabloid, paid his dues and now has the highest rated cable show in America. I base my views on O'Reilly on what he's doing now. He has become a completely fair and balanced journalist. He has exposed the ACLU many times and that's why, I blve, yuh don't like him.

bigmack
06-21-2006, 02:01 AM
Suff -

They let this Boy Scout out of Guantanamo so that the French could deal with him as they have his entire family. They (The French) wanted a piece of this guy.

A court on Wednesday convicted 25 people for their roles in preparing an attack in France in support of Islamic fighters in Chechnya.

The five top defendants received prison terms of 8 to 10 years, while the others received lesser sentences. Two were acquitted. All but one , defendant had been accused of helping Islamic fighters in Chechnya in what prosecutors said underscored the “globalization of the jihad movement.”

Prosecutors were unable to prove strong suspicions that the attack was to have involved chemicals, even though investigators found equipment, including a protective suit, and chemicals including the highly toxic ricin.

In handing down sentences, the court followed the prosecutor’s office by giving the maximum 10-year term to the group’s alleged chemicals expert, Menad Benchellali. However, Menad’s father, Chellali Benchellali, an imam, or prayer leader, in the Lyon suburb of Venissieux, received only an 18-month suspended prison term — far lower than the prosecution’s demand for six years behind bars.

The court convicted 24 defendants of criminal association in relation with a terrorist enterprise, a broad charge used by France to sweep wide in bringing terror suspects to justice. One other was convicted of using false papers.

The Benchellali family was at the center of the case, with Menad’s mother, Hafsa, and brother, Hafed, also on trial for roles in the plot to carry out an attack in France.

The network was dismantled in two waves, the first in December 2002 as investigators stormed two houses in the Paris suburb of La Courneuve and the nearby town of Romainville. They found gas canisters, fuses, chemicals and a suit to protect against chemical attacks.

During a second wave of arrests, in January 2004 in Venissieux, in southeast France, investigators found chemical products, including ricin, and definitively broke up the network.

The prosecution contended that the group was plotting an attack in Paris, but could not define the target. The Russian Embassy, a police station and the Eiffel Tower were mentioned during interrogations.

“These convictions profit the United States, Algeria and Russia,” said Isabelle Coutant, lawyer for defendant Merouane Benhamed. “They have been convicted because they are Muslims,” she claimed.

Prosecutor Anne Kostomaroff, profiling the network, put the origins of the group in Chlef, Algeria, in 1999, where eight members had refused an Algerian government amnesty plan for Islamic insurgents in the North African country. Various members then traveled to Spain, France, Italy and the border region between Pakistan and Afghanistan, while a core group formed in the Paris region in late 2000 to create a support ring for Islamic militants in the war-ravaged Russian republic of Chechnya.

__________________________________________________ ____________________

Mourad Benchellali lived in the Venissieux suburb of Lyon, France.

He is the 23 year-old, third son of Chealli Benchealli, a 59-year-old Algerian imam of the Venissieux mosque. Chellali reportedly fought jihad in Bosnia in 1994 and made at least three trips to Bosnia to deliver humanitarian aid to Muslims. In 1993, Chellali and two other Muslims from Vénissieux were captured by the Croatian militia at Kiseljak, outside Sarajevo. It was their fourth convoy carrying clothing and medicine for Bosnian Muslims under siege. They were held for five months in terrible conditions. Amel Benchellali denies rumours that her father was running guns to Bosnian Muslims. His daughter says, “The Croats arrested him because he wore a beard.” He later became involved in the cause of the Chechen muslims, raising awareness by showing videos in his mosque and collecting funds. He reportedly sent his sons to train in Chechnya and Afghanistan.

Tom
06-21-2006, 11:27 AM
Dream vacation in Afghanistan? :lol:
I don't normally watch O'Reilly, but this was priceless.

skate
06-21-2006, 01:24 PM
suff suff suff;

gees, well i gotta stop reading. i got up to your quote ( that frgi... by the way) that did not, i say DID NOT, answer my question.

what in the Hell do you know bout me reading the NY times? that's where you're type leaves me "wanting to throw in the towel". you try to answer by telling me that i do not read....whatever, get the....

do you not see the stupidity in your response (lack of it)???

i just love being ignorentially

Suff
06-21-2006, 10:23 PM
suff suff suff;

gees, well i gotta stop reading. i got up to your quote ( that frgi... by the way) that did not, i say DID NOT, answer my question.

what in the Hell do you know bout me reading the NY times? that's where you're type leaves me "wanting to throw in the towel". you try to answer by telling me that i do not read....whatever, get the....

do you not see the stupidity in your response (lack of it)???

i just love being ignorentially

Yo, Mr Skate:

I responded to what you asked...or requested, in the best manner I know how.

Now you say;

but what gets my attention is the fact that "I" didn't refer to what you are talking about, i only made referance to the Frig... NY times newspaper.

Now maybe I'm wrong, but I think thats you taking a poke at the NY times?

So i ask.... had you ever read it? Bought it? consistently? Or do you hear things about it that have formed your opinions?

That is a reasonable question? No? I'm not insuating your ignorant if you have'nt. I'm implying that if you read it, frequently, you would apprecaitte it more.

They do cover more than politics and govt you know? They're science reporting is top notch, they're business reporting is to notch, and they do special series that are priceless. All for a buck!! $4.50 on Sundays.

I like the NY Times. You say Frig them. I got you....free country.

Why you can't see that I am adding a different view than the Fellow from Texas ?

He posts a thread that says IRAQ is going well, or about to go well,,,,,, that the violence is ending................and that the Govt has the isurgency on teh RUN.................................anddddddddd! That the NY TIMES... DID NOT REPORT THAT GENTLEMANS COMMENT.... but that al jazzera did.

I think you can get his "implication"

I intrepreted your comment to agree with him......or were you talking about the poor Fish? getting hooked? or getting buried in a NY times????

Either way,,,,, I see what is said is mostly nonsense... because I post the facts....and nothing is said? Only... blah, blah blah.. stupid liberals...and so on..

The other thing I posted is that the person Schwietz wants quoted in the NY times.... Killed 241 Marines!

Finally I will say.. it was then... it was 1983... when they killed 241 marines in Beruit that we should have responded...and we did'nt...

or should I say... The Republicans, led by Ronald Reagan...-Did'nt. and
now after the first WTC attack we had and then the Embassy's, then the Cole, and then 9-11....
Its the liberals fault...:faint: :confused:

Suff
06-21-2006, 10:38 PM
[QUOTE=Suff]

CSPAN? Come on Suff....I need to stay awake for a few more hours....

And as for you my Fine feathered friend... I have 4 words!

SIX IN A ROW!

Suff
06-21-2006, 10:43 PM
Suff -

They let this Boy Scout out of Guantanamo so that the French could deal with him as they have his entire family. They (The French) wanted a piece of this guy.

No doubt that moron, is either the worlds biggest moron (possible) or a Jihadist.

wtf he's doing writing a Mary had a Little Lamb story in the NY times.... I do not know...

Really does'nt change my view....as stated many times, ...Look at things criticlly and cynically, regardless of source. Be patient and deliberate in my approach to the 24 news cycle. I'm cautious about forming any opinion, until I look into things. I do look into things that interest me enough to warrant some time and effort.

Like the rest of the world, I gotta work, live and play... but I think I give as much time to understanding the world around me as any other Tom , Dick and Harry.

Tom
06-21-2006, 10:56 PM
Didn't Regan put a missle in Kadafy's bedroom, kill his family, after Beriut?
Hindsight is wonderful, but here we are in today's world. They just behead two brave American, and our response should be immediate ( to late, you pussy Bushy) and significant. We should take out the entire Suni Triangle and declare martial law in Iraq - anyone that makes a move without prior approval is immediately shot on sight. They need to be reminded - ALL of them - that we CAN kill them all if we want to.
I thinkg the only real long term solution if to eliminate the Sunis - kill, them chase them out, whatever it takes - they are the problem.

bigmack
06-22-2006, 01:21 AM
wtf he's doing writing a Mary had a Little Lamb story in the NY times.... I do not know...
Now that ya mention it - how is it he went from Guantanamo to the French authorities awaiting trial and he gets an op ed piece published in the Times?

Kinda like John Gacy of yesteryear selling his clown paintings from death row.

skate
06-22-2006, 05:04 PM
veddy veddy important to understand what your for and against.

The Gentleman quoted in this story.....and held up as a "Victory" for America....

Is none other than..The former head of The Al-Dawa Party.

For pragmatic reasons, Washington has chosen to ignore the Al-Da'wa Party's record of anti-Americanism. Al-Da'wa is believed to be responsible for the 1983 bombing of U.S. and French embassies in Kuwait, which killed six and injured dozens. In addition, radical clerics from Al Da'wa founded Lebanon's Hizbullah organization, believed to be responsible for the Oct. 23, 1983, suicide attack that killed 241 U.S. Marines in Beirut.

ok ok ok , good enough on the comback.
but what i refer to (was the NY Times), then you brought in "the gentleman quoted in the story".
this is what i made referance to when i said "you didn't answer, nor did you state what i was saying"

in regards to the NYtimes, i got the paper (free) for about 3 or 4 years, back in the 90s. i know about the NYtimes. right now i receive the TIME mag, it goes right into the trash. if you want a free copy, i'll send you the time for as long as they keep sending it to me.

sure sure sure, they both have well formative structure. to me, that is a very minor concern, compared to their "lack of truth", by lopsiding issues (points).

gads, i"m not thinking that they (times) don't have something to offer.
but when it comes to "judgement" on certain issues, i"d like to puke, rather than read whatever they are saying. i'm serious.

Look, you deal with whatever is going on now. that being a war. now you either face that fact, or you mushmouth thru the situation and they bees mushmouthing like no other...

oh, this is so so so beautiful, we ( the country) elected (i stopped voting) this here guy uncle George ( i admit, i kindda like the guy), these people attack "THE USA" and "we " vote to fight (this time, because this is THE time that counts), so, little old me, as missguided and uneducated as i am, thinks that (maybe) we should stand beside or behind or hand in hand with the cause that we started out with, together. if it takes forever, so be it, untill we vote for change.
why, because that is the best way to succeed with what we are (were) trying to accomplish, simple.

and when we divide ourselves in this very situation, we aid the enemy, simple.

and that, my friend, is my "take on the frig.. NYtimes".

that poor fish would stand a better chance in the Hudson.