PDA

View Full Version : Ghostzapper returns???

cj
06-17-2006, 01:11 PM
I saw this on another site, what gives?

http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbWorkoutsDisplay.cfm?TRK=CD&CY=USA&DATE=06/17/2006&STYLE=EQB

Check the Churchill workouts, he is listed.

shanta
06-17-2006, 01:18 PM
It's probably " The Green Monkey" working in disguise C.J.
:eek:

Rich

CryingForTheHorses
06-17-2006, 03:43 PM
I saw this on another site, what gives?

http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbWorkoutsDisplay.cfm?TRK=CD&CY=USA&DATE=06/17/2006&STYLE=EQB

Check the Churchill workouts, he is listed.

Geeze 5/8 in 59..A bullet work..Maybe he is getting ready for a return and nobody has said anything..Lets hope as he is a great horse!!

lsbets
06-17-2006, 03:53 PM
The spacing is about right for him to race with his normal rest. :lol: :lol:

The Judge
06-17-2006, 06:37 PM
Well as far as horse flesh goes,thats out there ,he would come in on top.
Does anyone remember the last time a horse made a real come back (running a number of races and winning) after being away so long? Not like Da Hoss.

JustRalph
06-17-2006, 07:34 PM
The spacing is about right for him to race with his normal rest. :lol: :lol:

now that was rough! But Accurate! :D

Tom
06-17-2006, 11:29 PM
Whoop-d-doo!:sleeping:

That's all we need is him racing again. Good for another 4 horse stakes race.
And he wins and pays $2.90 of some 90-1 shot wins.
Can't see how his running anywhere will make for an interesting race.
Give the owener the check now and run a full field of $14,000 claimers instead.

GeTydOn
06-18-2006, 01:16 AM
This horse ain't raced in over a year and thats his first work back? Even if that aint wrong seems like he's months away from a start. BC Classic the main goal? Who's to be afraid of this year? Then he gets another "layoff" of breeding before a 2007 return.

:jump:

This has got to be a mistake, right?

PaceAdvantage
06-18-2006, 04:29 PM
Well, it's obvious from the workout and other things I've heard that he's planning on coming back....and judging from the time of that work, I'd say he's closer to returning than we may think....

I think the ODDEST part of this whole thing is that a cursory look at DRF.COM, Bloodhorse.Com and Thoroughbredtimes.com shows NOT A PEEP about this workout or anything about Ghostzapper.

You'd think a former horse of the year who many consider a SUPER HORSE, posting a quick 5f workout after being retired one year ago (almost to the day) would be news...but I guess not....

bigmack
06-18-2006, 04:57 PM
Stats
http://www.adenastallions.com/default.asp?cat=6&id=36&stalid=21

PaceAdvantage
06-18-2006, 05:03 PM
I guess it could all boil down to some giant clerical error....:lol:

Tom
06-18-2006, 05:09 PM
It's really Ghostzipper working out!

bigmack
06-18-2006, 06:03 PM
It's really Ghostzipper working out!

Come on Tom - Everybody knows that Ghosts don't have zippers

They use velcro.

rrpic6
06-18-2006, 06:05 PM
Stats
http://www.adenastallions.com/default.asp?cat=6&id=36&stalid=21

They have an 800 number, but got a recording. Office is closed Sundays. Bertrando is the last big name horse that I can remember running after going to stud.

bigmack
06-18-2006, 06:39 PM
They have an 800 number, but got a recording. Office is closed Sundays. Bertrando is the last big name horse that I can remember running after going to stud.
How did Bertando fair?

I don't know - this whole GZapper thing is awfully odd.

CryingForTheHorses
06-18-2006, 06:44 PM
It has to be him breezing,I dont think the clockers would let a horse work under that name, They (clockers ) also have all the horses markings ect.Im sure that his connections are keeping it quiet for fear of something going wrong. Now that the cat is out of the bag, Im sure we will here more in the weeks to come..

dutzman
06-18-2006, 07:07 PM
Ghosttrapper.......Churchill clockers put it in wrong!!!!

KirisClown
06-18-2006, 07:35 PM
How did Bertando fair?

He won the Wickerr Stakes and Goodwood, but wasnt the same horse he once was.

the little guy
06-18-2006, 07:46 PM
It has to be him breezing,I dont think the clockers would let a horse work under that name, They (clockers ) also have all the horses markings ect.Im sure that his connections are keeping it quiet for fear of something going wrong. Now that the cat is out of the bag, Im sure we will here more in the weeks to come..

Post of the year.

bigmack
06-18-2006, 07:53 PM
Ghosttrapper.......Churchill clockers put it in wrong!!!!
Come on Dutz everyone knows you can't trap a Ghost.

And there are no equines named Ghosttrapper.

The caper continues.

jeebus1083
06-18-2006, 11:02 PM
Come on Dutz everyone knows you can't trap a Ghost.

And there are no equines named Ghosttrapper.

The caper continues.

Yes there are. Is a 3YO.

bigmack
06-18-2006, 11:14 PM
Yes there are. Is a 3YO.
Or is
http://www.pedigreequery.com/ghosttrapper

Caper solved?

PaceAdvantage
06-19-2006, 03:05 AM
I can pretty much guarantee 99% that this isn't some name mixup.

the little guy
06-19-2006, 09:33 AM
I can pretty much guarantee 99% that this isn't some name mixup.
Huh?

I hope you aren't actually suggesting that Ghostzapper, the 2004 HOY, is working out and possibly returning to the races. That is next to impossible.

There are name mix-ups with workouts all the time.

This is a silly discussion.

CryingForTheHorses
06-19-2006, 12:04 PM
Huh?

I hope you aren't actually suggesting that Ghostzapper, the 2004 HOY, is working out and possibly returning to the races. That is next to impossible.

\

You are right, There are mixups with young unnamed horses...Dont you think the clockers would have questioned the trainer over the name?..Time will tell

The Judge
06-19-2006, 12:10 PM
I would hope that we are in an industry that would catch this type of mistake. We are not talking some $15,000 claimer here. Someone should know to check and double check this type on information. A typo of this proportion would be inexcusable.

Correct information is crucial in this game yet it seems so far the only dialogue is on this board.

KingChas
06-19-2006, 12:13 PM
Huh?

The name has been corrected on both sites.(Equ & Drf).Guess the debate is over.Damm that 1%. :D

Tom
06-19-2006, 12:18 PM
I would hope that we are in an industry that would catch this type of mistake. We are not talking some $15,000 claimer here. Someone should know to check and double check this type on information. A typo of this proportion would be inexcusable.

Correct information is crucial in this game yet it seems so far the only dialogue is on this board.

:lol::lol: What are YOU smoking? This horse racing, not the real world! :lol::lol:

bigmack
06-19-2006, 12:47 PM
Tom - You're having too much fun over this one.

There has to be a conspiracy in this story.

The Judge
06-19-2006, 01:21 PM
No I won't even drink anything stronger than pop! Thank God, POP will drink almost anything.

I'll have to check the cites later and see what the excuse is;assuming they will tell what the mix-up was.

WJ47
06-19-2006, 01:32 PM
\

You are right, There are mixups with young unnamed horses...Dont you think the clockers would have questioned the trainer over the name?..Time will tell

I was just watching one of the DRF seminar DVDs and there was a part on workouts. The featured handicappers were saying that workouts can be inaccurate and sometimes get missed by clockers or credited to the wrong horse. I always pictured in my mind that separate workouts were scheduled like appointments, like 7:05 am, ect, for each horse. Or maybe 2 horses working out together from the same barn. I didn't realize that there could be a hundred horses working out within a very short time. I was suprised that at some training centers, the trainers just give the times of the workouts themselves.

I did a complete search and couldn't find anything about a comeback for Ghostzapper. I figured that there would be absolutely no way he'd make a comeback when he's commanding a $200,000 stud fee. Especially since he was so lightly raced during his racing career. The only thing that I did think of was that maybe he had turned out to be infertile, I remember at one time I heard that War Emblem may be returned to racing. But when I searched on Ghostzapper, a Bloodhorse article said he breeding like a "professional".

PaceAdvantage
06-19-2006, 02:08 PM
Huh?

Silly discussion? Not really, considering there was more than one clerical error involved....

In any event, it's curious that this GHOSTTRAPPER has never touched a :59 and change workout, much less seen Churchill before.....

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm...........

kenwoodallpromos
06-19-2006, 02:23 PM
I just telephoned Adena Springs KY and was told by 2 of their managers that Ghostzapper did not workout at CD or anywhere else, he will not workout or race again- his racing career is over, he has been busy at stud and is doing a good job covering mares.
They said they never heard about GZ being credited with a workout, that his brother Aristocrat was recently at CD, a they asked which forum was talking about it!
To quote Geico's cavemen- do a little research!! :cool:

cj
06-19-2006, 02:28 PM
I just telephoned Adena Springs KY and was told by 2 of their managers that Ghostzapper did not workout at CD or anywhere else, he will not workout or race again- his racing career is over, he has been bust at stud and is doing a good job covering mares.
To quote Geico's cavemen- do a little research!! :cool:

They told you he has been a bust at stud? And is doing a nice job covering mares? WTF are you talking about?

kenwoodallpromos
06-19-2006, 02:33 PM
I just corrected the TYPO- meant to type BUSY, not BUST to illistrated a point! :cool: Are we going now to discuss his being a bust, must, lust, or JUST at stud?WTF? LOL!!

bigmack
06-19-2006, 02:41 PM
Thanks for doing that KWP

Watch those typo's though or you'll be on the list

And it ain't no Christmas list.

foregoforever
06-19-2006, 06:00 PM
Ghostzapper is apparently running in Japan ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpM9JMYu2bs

WJ47
06-19-2006, 06:19 PM
Ghostzapper is apparently running in Japan ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpM9JMYu2bs

Wow, that was incredible! :)

witchdoctor
06-19-2006, 06:23 PM
Looked more like Silky Sullivan.

ryesteve
06-19-2006, 06:34 PM
ABC should hire the racecaller...

Gary Geigercounter
06-19-2006, 10:26 PM
They told you he has been a bust at stud? And is doing a nice job covering mares? WTF are you talking about?

Is there a biological reason why stallions no longer race? Or is it that the stallion managers don't want to risk it?

lsbets
06-19-2006, 10:43 PM
Is there a biological reason why stallions no longer race? Or is it that the stallion managers don't want to risk it?

If he gets a full book of mares at 200K a pop, that's 20 million a year. The risk is definately not worth it.

TravisVOX
06-20-2006, 02:02 AM

The main reason is if you were a stallion, and well, did that twice a day, while being treated like royalty, would you want to go outside and run?

Basically, they become dis-interested in racing and do not perform. Not to mention their value.

GeTydOn
06-20-2006, 11:37 AM
Ghosttrapper and Ghostzapper?! Big difference between a gray 3yo and bay older horse. A typo when the keys aint even next to eachother? A BUST and BUSY typo - that I get. How could noone at CD take notice. Ghostzapper wasn't some plain ol horse when he did get a race in. And he sure as hell worked plenty.

KingChas
06-20-2006, 11:41 AM
A typo when the keys aint even next to each other? .

Maybe CD had Tom typing in the workouts that day. :eek: :lol:

Tom
06-20-2006, 02:36 PM
Huh? Say what? :kiss:

DrugSalvastore
06-20-2006, 02:40 PM
Ghosttrapper is out of a broodmare named Catch The Ghost.

Catch the Ghost is a half sibling to Ghostzapper. Those two, along with Grade 1 winner City Zip all are from the same mother (2yo stakes winner Baby Zip)

I'm sure this horse was named Ghosttrapper because of how closely related he is to Ghostzapper through the tail female family.

When I spent time in Kentucky---you'd have trainers call up on the phone to the clocker and tell them they are working so and so 5/8ths. I would think one pretty dumb or lazy clocker heard the name wrong and didn't bother to look for identification.

DrugSalvastore
06-20-2006, 03:13 PM
Let's admit....we all love Ghostzapper so much......and we all know he's the most exciting horse to step foot on a track in the last 15 years.

He really wasn't much of a star when it came to workouts though. He won his debut in WILDLY IMPRESSIVE style, paying $25 to win. A mind-boggling price for a Bobby Frankel first time starter that's kin to a horse who swept the three Saratoga 2yo stakes. Before his 3rd lifetime start, Jerry Bailey worked him and was said to be unimpressed. Anyway....here was the old article after Ghostzapper won his debut.

Ghostzapper makes jaws dropBy JAY PRIVMAN
INGLEWOOD, Calif. -- Make room for another top 2-year-old in Bobby Frankel's barn.

Empire Maker, a maiden winner at Belmont Park, has gotten so much attention he even made the cover of a recent Daily Racing Form Simulcast Weekly. Might the same be accorded Ghostzapper?

He certainly earned it. In his debut on Saturday, Ghostzapper turned in the most dominating performance by a 2-year-old colt this season at Hollywood Park. He cruised home nine lengths best in a swift 1:15.57 for 6 1/2 furlongs while being confidently ridden by jockey Jose Valdivia Jr., and getting a 98 Beyer Speed Figure.

The victory was so impressive that Frankel was considering jumping Ghostzapper from that maiden sprint win into the $200,000 Hollywood Futurity at 1 1/16 miles on Dec. 21.

"I hope he's as good as everybody thinks he is," said Frankel, who was deluged by people offering congratulations after Ghostzapper's dazzling race. "There's a chance I'll run him in the Futurity. The thing I like about him is that he broke good, then he eased back to third. He's so cool, this horse. He's nice to saddle. He was no trouble in the paddock."

Ghostzapper got no action in the betting. He went off at 11-1 and paid $25, yet he won like he should have been 2-5.

"My style is not to show them up in the morning," Frankel said. "I thought he was all right, but how do you know? How do you know he's going to run like that?"

Frankel said he expected a big performance when Empire Maker, a son of Unbridled out of the top mare Toussaud, ran first time out, but did not have as strong a line on Ghostzapper.

"I was breezing Empire Maker with older horses," Frankel said. "I had no 2-year-olds to breeze him with. And there was a little more pressure on me for him to do well."

Frankel said he gave the mount on Ghostzapper to Valdivia because "he's been getting on some horses for me." "Not this one, though," Frankel added. "He had never been on this horse." Ghostzapper, a son of Awesome Again, is out of the Relaunch mare Baby Zip, making him a half-brother to City Zip, a multiple sprint stakes winner on the East Coast. He was bred and is owned by Frank Stronach.

Valuist
06-20-2006, 03:19 PM
Remember all the debate between who was better foal of 2000, Empire Maker or Funny Cide? Turns out Empire Maker wasn't even the top dog in his barn.

DrugSalvastore
06-20-2006, 03:42 PM
Frankel's barn was so deep with superstars that it was pretty unbelievable.

Peace Rules finished 9-for-19 with over $3 million in earnings, 3 Grade 1 wins, 3 Grade 2 wins, a Graded Stake win on the turf, and a Ky Derby placing---and yet, Peace Rules was only the 3rd stringer when it came to Frankel trained horses from that crop.

rrpic6
06-20-2006, 06:49 PM
DrugS:

Great article by Privman! Having watched thousands of races in my life, not many stand out. The debut by Ghostzapper was one of those moments. I was in a hotel room in Lexington having just spent a long boring day at Keeneland as an extra in Seabiscuit. I wrote Ghostzapper down on the hotel's scratch pad and made sure I put it in my stable mail from then on. I missed out on his debut, but did cash in at the Breeder's Cup a few years later, when GZ won the Classic and the last leg of a 17K Pick 4.

bigmack
06-20-2006, 06:56 PM
Ghostzapper was retired from racing on June 13, 2005 after discovery of a hairline fracture in his left front ankle.

PP's
http://www.drf.com/eclipse/2004/winners/pps/ghostzapper.pdf

Gary Geigercounter
06-20-2006, 08:05 PM
The main reason is if you were a stallion, and well, did that twice a day, while being treated like royalty, would you want to go outside and run?

Basically, they become dis-interested in racing and do not perform. Not to mention their value.

OK. Thanks!

DrugSalvastore
06-20-2006, 09:01 PM
DrugS:

Great article by Privman! Having watched thousands of races in my life, not many stand out. The debut by Ghostzapper was one of those moments. I was in a hotel room in Lexington having just spent a long boring day at Keeneland as an extra in Seabiscuit. I wrote Ghostzapper down on the hotel's scratch pad and made sure I put it in my stable mail from then on. I missed out on his debut, but did cash in at the Breeder's Cup a few years later, when GZ won the Classic and the last leg of a 17K Pick 4.

I hit that same P4 as well. It paid over 46K for a two dollar ticket. I also had it a half time and had some withheld.

Besides being a great race horse---he was good in the clutch for us as well :)

GeTydOn
06-20-2006, 11:13 PM
When I spent time in Kentucky---you'd have trainers call up on the phone to the clocker and tell them they are working so and so 5/8ths. I would think one pretty dumb or lazy clocker heard the name wrong and didn't bother to look for identification.

Forget lazy. Dumb is right. How could ANYONE in the racing industry not perk up and take notice if they hear Ghostzapper is on the track working after a year lyaoff?!

Bullshit Ghostzapper wasn't a workhorse. He always did his 5f in under a minute.

And I thought people called "gap attendents" or something phoned up the horse and planned work to the clockers.

PaceAdvantage
06-20-2006, 11:38 PM
Here's what I don't get....this Ghosttrapper horse has done nothing but race and work in Florida his whole life. From November of 2005 until April of 2006, every one of his listed workouts has occurred at Calder. His fastest 5f work prior to the "Ghostzapper" work was 1:00 3/5 handily at Calder. His second fastest was a 1:01, also listed as handily.

Calder is still open.

I don't see a trainer change for this horse. Ed Plesa Jr. is the listed trainer, a perennial leader at Calder.

Yet, Ghosttrapper, a mere maiden winner in 6 career starts (beaten a combined 38 lengths in his last four races) is shipped to Churchill Downs (WHY?) where he proceeds to work like he's never worked in his life?

:59 3/5 BREEZING?

I think I understand now. The clockers must have believed they actually had seen a ghost work out that day.

They couldn't possibly bring themselves to believe they were looking at this plug from Florida known as Ghosttrapper. :lol:

DrugSalvastore
06-21-2006, 12:26 AM
Bullshit Ghostzapper wasn't a workhorse. He always did his 5f in under a minute.

Here is his worktab prior to his Breeders Cup Classic win.

10/18 BEL 6f's 1:12 3/5ths H
10/12 BEL 6f's 1:11 flat H
10/07 BEL 6f's 1:16 2/5ths B
10/01 BEL 5'fs 1:00 3/5ths B
9/24 BEL 4f's 48 2/5ths B
9/05 BEL 5f's 1:01 flat B <---six days before Woodward

Most of his 5 furlong works throughout his career were 1:00 and change or 1:01 breezes. Kind of typical for a lot of Frankel trained horses.

If you are a great workhorse---you are trained by the mighty Bobby Frankel machine at it's peak---and you are kin to a Grade 1 winning sprinter---you just DO NOT pay $25 to win in a MSW race at Hollywood Park.

I've also heard from more than one person that Jerry Bailey worked this horse before his 3rd lifetime start and was rather unimpressed with him. Which might have had something to do with why Castallano instead of him landed the mount.

I'm not saying he was slow in the AM and trained like a claimer---just that he wasn't the type of horse who had a reputation of being a consistantly stellar work horse.

Wiley
06-21-2006, 10:55 AM

An exception I seem to remember that Skywalker was at stud briefly between his three and four year old season and they brought him back to racing. Ended up having a very good racing year, winning the '86 Classic over the toughies Precisionist and Turkoman.

WJ47
06-21-2006, 10:57 AM
I think it was on Jerry Bailey's DVDs, he mentioned that he had ridden Ghostzapper in a workout, a very slow one, and Frankel asked him what he thought of the horse. I guess the horse was extremely lazy in the morning and Bailey said, "He seems slow". So Frankel was insulted and gave the mount to Castellano. Then he won big and Bailey said he went to Frankel and asked why he didn't give the mount to him. Frankel yelled something like, "You said this horse was slow!" It was actually really funny how he told the story.

kenwoodallpromos
06-21-2006, 02:59 PM
[QUOTE=PaceAdvantage]Here's what I don't get....this Ghosttrapper horse has done nothing but race and work in Florida his whole life. From November of 2005 until April of 2006, every one of his listed workouts has occurred at Calder. His fastest 5f work prior to the "Ghostzapper" work was 1:00 3/5 handily at Calder. His second fastest was a 1:01, also listed as handily.

Calder is still open.

I don't see a trainer change for this horse. Ed Plesa Jr. is the listed trainer, a perennial leader at Calder.

Yet, Ghosttrapper, a mere maiden winner in 6 career starts (beaten a combined 38 lengths in his last four races) is shipped to Churchill Downs (WHY?) where he proceeds to work like he's never worked in his life?

:59 3/5 BREEZING?
THis Fl plug has been running on one of the deepest major tracks; won MD 6f 1:12+, backing up, slow works, vets scratch in Dec, Was his last action anywhere in April?
My guess is he cannot handle the deep CRC track and may have stamina/bleeding issues.
What distances were races after the MD win? the 1st vs winners they tried to route him, I heard at over 1 mile.

bobphilo
06-21-2006, 06:05 PM
Sorry to disappoint you but the The name of the horse with the workout is GhostTrapper not GhostZapper.

Bob

rrpic6
06-21-2006, 09:15 PM
I hit that same P4 as well. It paid over 46K for a two dollar ticket. I also had it a half time and had some withheld.

Besides being a great race horse---he was good in the clutch for us as well :)

I remember the 17K, it was the cash after the takeout. 23K for a buck was AWESOME. I've got the charts from Equibase, but they are PDF and can't print them.

GeTydOn
06-22-2006, 12:10 AM
Here is his worktab prior to his Breeders Cup Classic win.

10/18 BEL 6f's 1:12 3/5ths H
10/12 BEL 6f's 1:11 flat H
10/07 BEL 6f's 1:16 2/5ths B
10/01 BEL 5'fs 1:00 3/5ths B
9/24 BEL 4f's 48 2/5ths B
9/05 BEL 5f's 1:01 flat B <---six days before Woodward

Most of his 5 furlong works throughout his career were 1:00 and change or 1:01 breezes. Kind of typical for a lot of Frankel trained horses.

If you are a great workhorse---you are trained by the mighty Bobby Frankel machine at it's peak---and you are kin to a Grade 1 winning sprinter---you just DO NOT pay $25 to win in a MSW race at Hollywood Park.

I've also heard from more than one person that Jerry Bailey worked this horse before his 3rd lifetime start and was rather unimpressed with him. Which might have had something to do with why Castallano instead of him landed the mount.

I'm not saying he was slow in the AM and trained like a claimer---just that he wasn't the type of horse who had a reputation of being a consistantly stellar work horse.

That horse had a shitload of works. What you show is barely a scratch on the surface. BUT ANYWAY. You say Bailey wasn't impressed with Ghostzapper. THAT'S FUNNY. Frankel didn't even know what he had in that horse. Nearly his entire career was wasted on sprints because his trainer insisted he was a sprinter! Good thing Frankels route horses went south when they did or we might never have seen how awesome a classic horse he was.

DrugSalvastore
06-22-2006, 12:25 AM
Not to get all petty on you...

But here is Ghostzapper's worktab leading up to his final career start in the Met Mile.

May 23rd BEL 6f 1:13 1/5

May 17th BEL 6f 1:11 4/5

May 10th CD 6f 1:10 4/5

May 04th CD 6f 1:15 2/5

April 28th CD 5f 1:00 2/5

April 16th CD 4f 49 1/5

And in the Met--he sat off the 22 2/5 and 44 2/5 pace--made an explosive move to get 6f's in 1:08 2/5ths--and finished up in 1:33 1/5th.

I think Frankel's management of this horse is unfairly knocked....but, maybe that's because I think the guy is the best trainer I've ever seen in my lifetime.

cj
06-22-2006, 01:17 AM
I think Frankel's management of this horse is unfairly knocked....but, maybe that's because I think the guy is the best trainer I've ever seen in my lifetime.

If I owned a horse, he'd be about the 793rd guy on my list of potential trainers. I'd want to see my horse run more than twice a year.

PaceAdvantage
06-22-2006, 03:44 AM
Sorry to disappoint you but the The name of the horse with the workout is GhostTrapper not GhostZapper.

Bob

I think that was established a while ago....we're all just having some fun now...:lol:

cj
06-22-2006, 05:53 AM
After PA's post, I have a hard time believing it was Ghosttrapper as well. The mystery of workouts continues...

PaceAdvantage
06-22-2006, 09:33 AM
After PA's post, I have a hard time believing it was Ghosttrapper as well. The mystery of workouts continues...

Maybe if McSchell sees Plesa roaming around Calder some random afternoon, he can ask him why he shipped this horse to Churchilll......

kenwoodallpromos
06-22-2006, 10:40 AM
An article I just read says Plesa like to race horses into shape at Calder, then ship (article says to NY).

Free Bird
06-22-2006, 10:51 AM
Plesa has a decent sized string at Monmouth and they have all been there for some time.

KingChas
06-22-2006, 11:06 AM

You gentlemen are quite the "Romanticist". :D

CryingForTheHorses
06-22-2006, 12:08 PM
Maybe if McSchell sees Plesa roaming around Calder some random afternoon, he can ask him why he shipped this horse to Churchilll......

I will get the scoop as soon as I see him,Ill ask his asst Frankie this afternoon IF I see him at his barn

Valuist
06-30-2006, 01:00 PM
He's baaaaaack!

http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbRaceEntriesDisplay.cfm?TRK=CD&CY=USA&DATE=06/30/2006&STYLE=EQB

The TRAPPER, that is, not the ZAPPER.

Merrill Scherer is the listed trainer, not Plesa.

Ron
06-30-2006, 04:49 PM
He ran 3rd at 22-1 odds. Not bad.

dutzman
06-30-2006, 06:40 PM
He ran 3rd at 22-1 odds. Not bad.

And who would have thought we'd ever get 22-1 on Ghostzapper ever!!

PaceAdvantage
07-01-2006, 01:58 AM
If I was the tyrant some make me out to be on this board, I'd delete this thread just to avoid embarrassment....."99% sure" my ass......

Can I chalk it up to being drunk?

KingChas
07-01-2006, 08:29 AM
"PaceAdvantage"-99% sure" my ass......

Can I chalk it up to being drunk?

PA' I think we all had a lot of fun with this thread.I thought the 99% percent comment was excellent.Something different a glimmer of hope, shall I say "Off The Pace".

PS;Can you add a 24Hr retraction button.So when some of us wake up the next day we can change our replies due to the above (In Bold)?I'm 100% sure some of us could use that. :D

BobbysChance
07-02-2006, 12:46 PM
aww... i thought you were serious haha.

sad is the man to believe a horse could make a comeback like the 80's.

by the way... what is wrong with kids today? ... of all times to worship... why the times of spandex and pink scarfs?

Suff
07-02-2006, 01:44 PM
If I was the tyrant some make me out to be on this board, ?

who's the martyr now?...:p