PDA

View Full Version : fall on Holly park turf

46zilzal
06-17-2006, 12:32 PM
a turf contest last night at Hollywood had a nasty spill. anyone know the fate of the fallers?

Tom
06-17-2006, 12:38 PM
Caught the tail end of a commnet on a net radio show - something about riders walking off after a spill. Missed the details - it was on the 1540 moring show - not sure if they have archives.

chickenhead
06-17-2006, 12:40 PM
it sounded like the Bear horse was either put down on track or would be shortly after. The other horse looked ok. This is just a guess, I assume you were watching TVG, they didn't show the replay.

WJ47
06-17-2006, 01:30 PM
On TVG, they were going to show the replay, but Gary Stevens said not to, because it was too upsetting and graphic. From what I heard, both jockeys were fine and the other horse finished the race without a rider so he looked okay. It didn't look very good for Bear in the Woods. From the way the announcers were talking, Frank Lyons seemed very sad about it, I think he's probably going to be euthanized. :( They did say that they took him away in a horse ambulance and were attending to him. Maybe there will be good news about him, no one said for sure what his injury actually was.

PaceAdvantage
06-18-2006, 03:56 PM
I saw the race. I am amazed those jockeys walked away....utterly amazed....

bigmack
06-19-2006, 06:48 PM
Darn shame. Quality horse.
http://www.hollywoodpark.com/bet_the_races/racing_news/racing_news_06162006a.html

freehouse2002
06-20-2006, 05:15 PM
I was there that night and knew almost immediately that they were going to put him down. One of the front legs was literally just hanging and the horse was in much pain. I thought the horse was going to fall from the pain itself. I was really surprised to see the jockeys up so quickly, especially Flores who seemed to have the worst of it. RIP Bearinthewoods

freehouse2002