PDA

View Full Version : Literal, Running in 9th Race at Hollywood June 18

WJ47
06-16-2006, 04:46 PM
I got an alert from my DRF watch list about this horse, Literal, who is entered in the 9th race on June 18 at Hollywood Park. I downloaded the past performances for the race and Literal is a first time starter. My notes for the horse were "Great Conformation, Very Lively/Energetic". I'm wondering what the story on this horse is, I can't remember him, and its driving me crazy! I usually only put in a watch on a horse that I feel made an exceptional performance or had a huge amount of trouble. But this horse has never even run a race. I'm wondering if I put the wrong horse on watch. Does anyone who follows Hollywood Park know anything about this horse? He's getting PVal, but the trainer has a poor percentage with first time starters.

cj
06-16-2006, 05:00 PM
In SoCal, the morning line will usually tell you if the horse is a runner or not. This is especially true if the horse has connections not known for first out prowess.

WJ47
06-16-2006, 05:18 PM
I found the answer, I dug through my printed Hollywood Park forms and Literal was supposed to run in a earlier race, but was scratched at the gate. My notes on the form say that he broke through the gate, behaved badly, and ran around the track for a while before they finally caught him. LOL, but he must have looked pretty good in the post parade.

WJ47
06-19-2006, 12:59 AM
Right before the start of the 8th race, I made a wager on Literal in the 9th to win/place on my Brisbet account. Then we left to take my grandfather out to dinner so I didn't get to watch the race. When I returned, I went to check the results and he was scratched again. Can someone tell me what happened? Brisbet took the bet, so he must have been a late scratch. Did he act up real bad again or was he a vet scratch at the gate? Thanks so much.