PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Racebook?

Jerseyjoe
06-16-2006, 12:57 PM
Just wondering what racebooks everyone uses.
Think I'm going to open an account at Bodog. Any opinions?

wilderness
06-16-2006, 06:23 PM
Joe,
I was NOT going to comment on this, however my tongue is going into seizures ;)

I have a question for you!

Do you enjoy watching horse racing?

If the answer is yes?

And you desire to continue to do so?

Than you should assuredly consider eliminating any wagering through off-shore books or internet sites!
Why?

Because they contribute no return investment to provide for the longevity (support) of the participants in the sport (tracks, horses, horsemen, owners and even fans).

There are legitimate (within) the boundaries of North America wagering accounts.
The main objection to the "majority" of these are that in many states your NOT allowed to use these accounts to wager in your state of residence. All other states and provinces are free game.
There are also "some" wagering accounts that will NOT allow you to regsiter for a wagering account because your state of residence has made a formal and legal request to deny all residents.

sq764
06-18-2006, 07:56 PM
Joe,
I was NOT going to comment on this, however my tongue is going into seizures ;)

I have a question for you!

Do you enjoy watching horse racing?

If the answer is yes?

And you desire to continue to do so?

Than you should assuredly consider eliminating any wagering through off-shore books or internet sites!
Why?

Because they contribute no return investment to provide for the longevity (support) of the participants in the sport (tracks, horses, horsemen, owners and even fans).

There are legitimate (within) the boundaries of North America wagering accounts.
The main objection to the "majority" of these are that in many states your NOT allowed to use these accounts to wager in your state of residence. All other states and provinces are free game.
There are also "some" wagering accounts that will NOT allow you to regsiter for a wagering account because your state of residence has made a formal and legal request to deny all residents.
Do you think the tracks have a responsibility to become competitive to retain customers like the offshore books?

It's a business and as a consumer, why wouldn't you get the best bang for your buck?

If you work hard to get your ROI to -3%,do you stick with youbet.com and continue as a losing player or use Pinnacle and instantly have a 4% profit?

Sailwolf
06-18-2006, 08:02 PM
If you work hard to get your ROI to -3%,do you stick with youbet.com and continue as a losing player or use Pinnacle and instantly have a 4% profit?

Yea, go with Pinnacle and have all of the problems stated in this board.

By the way my ROI is a positive number.

wilderness
06-18-2006, 08:14 PM
Yea, go with Pinnacle and have all of the problems stated in this board.

By the way my ROI is a positive number.

Why shouldn't your ROI or Pinnacle's (if they are off-shore) remain positive (they have no overhead)!
Neither of you do anything (at least in the wagering department) to support the industry you leech off and enjoy.

I'm not saying the tracks are innocent, nor am I implying that there is not a very wide marging for improvement in customer service.

Rather, what I'm saying is that should you wish to enjoy the racing industry that pay your portion in support of the participants.

The alternative is slots in what once had been horse racing facilities.
The day will come when states and provinces realize the money intended to promote the longevity of a dying breed will serve more hands in the local budgets.
Utilizing off-shore wagering only pushes that date closer.

Sailwolf
06-18-2006, 08:34 PM
Why shouldn't your ROI or Pinnacle's (if they are off-shore) remain positive (they have no overhead)!
Neither of you do anything (at least in the wagering department) to support the industry you leech off and enjoy.

I'm not saying the tracks are innocent, nor am I implying that there is not a very wide marging for improvement in customer service.

Rather, what I'm saying is that should you wish to enjoy the racing industry that pay your portion in support of the participants.

The day will come when states and provinces realize the money intended to promote the longevity of a dying breed will serve more hands in the local budgets.

Barry Meadow stated in an issue ( his mag ) stated the answers to your statements.... including

......bad food and service. Plus 9 dollars to get in the door.

I went to Hol for Ken. derby and Preakness

BAD food service. They closed the bar before the last race. You can not have a relaxing beer after the races and before going home (max 2 beers)

According to the head waiter, Hol uses the same company that staffs Staples Center (Lakers and other events... Clippers are not an event) and the Dodgers. They do not want to hire additional people and pay over time.

I waited over 2 hours for my food and the service stinks ( including no water and no additional pepsi)

and I paid 20.00 for that service in the turf club.

I use Youbet.com, They put the money into the pools.

sq764
06-18-2006, 09:25 PM
I have been using PInnacle for 3 years and have never once had a problem..

sq764
06-18-2006, 09:29 PM

Well that's quite a shallow and uninformed comment.. We all support the horseracing industry, even if we don't place one bet, it's called paying taxes..

And don't talk to me about slots - my home track is Delaware Park and I have been going to the simo every Saturday for 7 y ears now.. They treat horseplayers like total shit.. Recently they leveled the beatiful simo section they had to add more slots.

So if you want to ridicule me for taking my business to a place that at least makes an effort to get my business, then go nuts..