PDA

View Full Version : Woodbine Morning Line

kitts
06-15-2006, 01:52 PM
Just started playing this track and am having some success. However, I bet early and rely on the Morning Line. The few races I have played have had major issues with final odds resembling Morning Line, especially in the 4/1 to 6/1 category. However, my experience is limited so any Woodbine regular could probably give me a clue. Thanks.

46zilzal
06-15-2006, 01:58 PM
you might consider putting things on hold: after the Queen's Plate they are moving to the 7 furlong harness track while the main gets Polytrack'ed. Lots of changes are not what a bettor wants to met as a challenge.

ponyplayerdotca
06-15-2006, 03:27 PM
Case in point:

Wednesday night - Race 5

#1 LA GRAN RUBY was listed at 30-1 in the M/L.

The horse was given a solid write-up by at least three local handicappers, and the horse went off at 7-1.

Even with her recent running lines, she shouldn't have been any higher than 12-1 in the M/L.

There have been a few other wacky M/Ls printed this season for Woodbine. That one above is just the latest.

One of the poorest meets thus far in Woodbine's history (IMO). All this as they try to celebrate their 50th.

Very few real players play WO as it is now. Polytrack will be the ultimate death knell for this "wannabe popular" outfit. The fake dirt will turn those few left away for good. :ThmbDown:

46zilzal
06-15-2006, 03:46 PM
bad example: that was a maiden claimer full of nags off a long time or having only one recent start. ANYONE might miss improving form at, for them, the beginning of a new year of maturity. BAD EXAMPLE.

BlueShoe
06-15-2006, 11:40 PM
The Canadian tracks have always been rough for me.Just cannot seem to get a handle on Woodbine.Hastings is the real mess.Cheap horses on the bullring in the slop anyone?Oddly,have done okay at Fort Erie on occasion,and would rate The Fort as my choice of the Canadian tracks.