PDA

View Full Version : Redick charged with DWI

cj
06-13-2006, 06:52 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news;_ylt=Apuhnn2bbIhiMTF5VcP.oQw5nYcB?slug=ap-redick-dwi&prov=ap&type=lgns

That's a shame what is happening at Duke...ROFL. I am glad noone was hurt of course.

Suff
06-13-2006, 06:57 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news;_ylt=Apuhnn2bbIhiMTF5VcP.oQw5nYcB?slug=ap-redick-dwi&prov=ap&type=lgns

That's a shame what is happening at Duke...ROFL. I am glad noone was hurt of course.

Blood Alcohol of .11? I have'nt had a drink in 5 weeks and I'd still blow that!

.11 isn't drunk. They have the threshold so low.... two or three beers and your .13

kenwoodallpromos
06-14-2006, 01:42 AM
Blood Alcohol of .11? I have'nt had a drink in 5 weeks and I'd still blow that!

.11 isn't drunk. They have the threshold so low.... two or three beers and your .13

cj
06-15-2006, 04:54 PM
....11 isn't drunk. ...

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one as far as driving goes.

Pace Cap'n
06-15-2006, 05:34 PM
Now I don't know this to be a fact by any means, but I heard on the raidio that someone did a comparison test between legally drunk drivers and drivers using a cell phone.

The drunks outperformed the yakkers. Or so they said.

Suff
06-15-2006, 07:21 PM
We'll have to agree to disagree on that one as far as driving goes.

I know that no one should drink and drive... Sure.

I'm saying, .11 and life as you know it,... is over....

Now-a-days, a DUI or DWI and your a Leper.

Even though we all know, that anyone who has ever lived, has driven with a couple in him. If you have'nt............its because your a tea-totaler.

.11 isn't drunk. If you gave all the traders on Wall Street a breathlyzer test after lunch , they'd blow higher.....!!

And they're handling your money.........

21 year old college kid with a lot on his mind, had 4 or 5 beers, and should not have been driving., but its not a cardinal sin for heavans sake!! As if explaining a Rape charge isn't hard enough........Try being 22, first year out of college and telling your prospective new Boss...

I'm a convicted drunk driver..... ...."Next!"

PaceAdvantage
06-16-2006, 04:47 AM
.11 isn't drunk. If you gave all the traders on Wall Street a breathlyzer test after lunch , they'd blow higher.....!!

Doubtful.

PaceAdvantage
06-16-2006, 04:49 AM
I'm a convicted drunk driver..... ...."Next!"

At the very least, it shows an incredible lack of responsibility....why not go to the next person on the list?

melman
06-16-2006, 07:42 AM
What should the level be for a DUI? As far as I am concerned the lower the better. I admit this is a hot button item for me as drunk driving has casused a LOT of pain in my life. I do not think DUI laws are an attempt by the state to limit ones right to drink and have a good time. I have plenty of friends who are drinkers. My concern is not with what happens or how it affects the life of the young person who is caught DUI it is with the young or older person that isaffected by the results of drunk driving. I will also come clean and tell you I am a non-drinker that happened a long time ago. That does not mean I don't want people drinking. Just if they choose to then lose the keys to the car. The "accident" was in April of 1971 and it still hurts.

Suff
06-16-2006, 08:37 AM
[QUOTE]
At the very least, it shows an incredible lack of responsibility....

And thats Just wrong GODAMN IT! The world has rules, and you must follow them....ALWAYS!! What kind of civilization are we living in when people act irresponsible!! oh my goodness... Lock up the children, cover your ears, don't look..... Because that man over there just drank 4 beers, is smoking a cigar and I think he just used a swear word. He's a Heathan I tell yea!

I myself , no doubt based on my own behavior, don't adhere to a black/white, yes/no, up/down, good/bad, approach to life.

Give people a break fer crying out loud.

Remember... People like the Kennedys, and the Limbaughs, walk away from such trivial matters.... only the rank and file pay the price. So when the rank and file, turn on the rank and file, we have no chance.

why not go to the next person on the list

Well, because people need good jobs, jobs they've worked hard to prepare themsleves for. I for one, don't believe the Government has the authority to disclose private information on its citizens to Corporations. Whose sole purpose in using said information is to maximize profit.....

Suff
06-16-2006, 08:41 AM
I will also come clean and tell you I am a non-drinker that happened a long time ago. That does not mean I don't want people drinking. Just if they choose to then lose the keys to the car. The "accident" was in April of 1971 and it still hurts.

Sorry for your troubles Mel. I understand. I've had my days.

FWIW, I'm back on the water wagon. bout a month and 1/2 now. I feel great.

melman
06-16-2006, 08:55 AM
"Give people a break fer crying out loud". I agree don't drink and drive.

PaceAdvantage
06-16-2006, 10:12 AM
Well, because people need good jobs, jobs they've worked hard to prepare themsleves for. I for one, don't believe the Government has the authority to disclose private information on its citizens to Corporations. Whose sole purpose in using said information is to maximize profit.....

Make believe you were an employer and you had a choice between person A and person B. Both excellent candidates, well qualified via education or prior experience...whatever.

BUT, one of them had a DWI or DUI on their record, and the other did not. Which one would you choose?

Duh.

Suff
06-16-2006, 10:25 AM
Make believe you were an employer and you had a choice between person A and person B. Both excellent candidates, well qualified via education or prior experience...whatever.

BUT, one of them had a DWI or DUI on their record, and the other did not. Which one would you choose?

Duh.

Myself,? I'd be more inclined to hire the guy with the supposed wart. and i'm not saying that just to say that.

Folks who never tripped and knicked thier chin, are usually the types that run when the bullets start coming. Also, they lack humility, tend to be very judgemental.

But more importantly, as I suggested... I know that the other guy probably at one time did commit an irresponsible act at sometime in his life.

Would you agree that a Kid whose father is a Policeman from a small town is much more likely to catch a break if he were to be pulled over with Booze on his breath? I do. It happens everyday.

You know as well as I do, there are different rules for Long Island kids, than there are for kids from the bronx. yea..yea..yea,.. you can macro it out and counter my arguement. But I know.. I see it, I've seen it. There are very few Greenwich Connecticut kids on Probation. A whole nutha world.

PaceAdvantage
06-16-2006, 12:36 PM
Doesn't work like that in the real world Suff. If that guy with the DWI or DUI on his or her record that you picked over the person who was clean, goes and mucks something up at your company, YOUR BOSS is going to wonder why in the world you hired someone with a track record such as that.....and your ass will be on the line.

Thus, it would be in your best interest to hire the cleaner candidate....why take the chance? In every respect, it's not worth the risk....

Suff
06-16-2006, 12:45 PM
Doesn't work like that in the real world Suff. ....

Sweetheart, I hired 4 people this week, and I have 4 interviews this afternoon.

I'm in the real world.

PaceAdvantage
06-16-2006, 12:54 PM
Sweetheart, I hired 4 people this week, and I have 4 interviews this afternoon.

I'm in the real world.

Good for you. How does that change what I said?

If you had two people to pick from, one with a DUI and one without, and you pick the DUI, and the DUI ends up being an irresponsible prick, or ends up screwing something up royally, your ass will be on the line for hiring him....

You could have avoided all that by doing the sensible thing in the first place, not some noble deed you think is going to earn you points somewhere in some fairytale land....:lol:

In the real world, you look out for #1 first.

Suff
06-16-2006, 01:23 PM
to earn you points somewhere in some fairytale land....:lol:

In the real world, you look out for #1 first.

The fairytale is thinking that the guy without the DWI, never drove after a few beers. You know they both did....or may have...

At least I do, because I live in the real world. Of course nowadays people are much more careful than when I was a kid. But none the less.

The difference is, is that your BIG BROTHER... Your Gubermint....is defining who you hire.

I'm a free man. I'll hire who I want.

As far as the nobility? Perhaps you've abandoned the idea that People need to stick together. That republican thing, where its everyman for himself in a crooked card game..................

FWIW, I'm hiring Summer Sales interns for the summer. Mostly Harvard kids.. but I had a kid walk in here the other day from BU. I thought of my Sister and a friend of mine that went to BU. Even though the kid did'nt fill me with Confidence, I gave him a shot because of the BU connection.

btw.. that BU friend was you. So if he screws up..ITS YOUR ASS!!

You feelin noble!!:lol:

PaceAdvantage
06-16-2006, 01:35 PM
The fairytale is thinking that the guy without the DWI, never drove after a few beers. You know they both did....or may have...

Of course. But it's the official record that counts in the end...reality....right?

cj
06-16-2006, 02:10 PM
The irony here suff is the guy you are arguing always gets the breaks is the exact kind of guy that JJ Redick is, which is why I'm glad he got caught.

Tom
06-16-2006, 02:36 PM
Personal responsibility - I know the penalties for DWI, and if I choose to drink and drive, I have to be ready for the negatives.
I say, give the drunk driver a second chance, only if you give victims one as well.
One bad night, one mistake in judgemetn, and you want forgiveness, but the mother of two you left dead on the hightway - what about her.

I think first offense should be mandatory jail time, license revoked a year, then a restricted license, with some sort of signal on your car that allows random stops and breathalizer tests with no probably cause. And insuracne rates triop the norm.
Second offense, loss of license forever, mandatory prison time, and probably some sort of beatings periodically.

My choices affect others - that makes it my responsibility.

Now, who's drivng me home from Toga? :rolleyes:

Suff
06-16-2006, 05:00 PM
The irony here suff is the guy you are arguing always gets the breaks is the exact kind of guy that JJ Redick is, which is why I'm glad he got caught.

Definately. He's a golden child. No doubt.

All I know, is that I'm a flawed human being, and I'm always getting myself mixed up in some lame brain scheme after another. And if wasn't for the generousity and kindness of other human beings............I'd be very far removed from where I presently sit.

Like my Dad taught me......................"spread it around"...:ThmbUp: