PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Career Move! Please Help!

Barbaro2006
06-13-2006, 11:39 AM
I have had a passion for horses, esp. thoroughbreds since I was a little girl. From the time I was 6 I started reading a childrens book series called "The Thoroughbred Series" and I began to track thoroughbred racing and keeping a scrapbook or records/newspaper clippings of the TC and BC and other races such as preps. I have been around horses since the age of 7 and have ridden, groomed and spent tons of quality time with local trainers/riding instructors around my area, learning as much as I could about the horse's personalities, body structure, training, breeding, etc. I have read every book available to me to enhance my knowledge and spent many hours of my life dedicating it to spending time with each of the horses I have been involved with and learning everything I can from experts. I have always wanted to be involved in the racing industry and I want so badly to work for a trainer and gain experience in the industry to make it as an assistant trainer. I need to know, from people who know, how do I go about this? What involves being an assistant and what would I need as far as references to be considered? This is what I want to do with my life, I want to be around the breed I love the most. I also need to know how an assistant trainer or any type of employee of a trainer gets compensated? If I were able to make it into the industry, I would have to make sure I could afford to live on my own and pay my bills. I am asking this question as well b/c I am pretty much clueless on the matter of living comfortably while making my dreams come true. So if anyone with experience or knowledge could help me out, point me in the right direction, etc, I would greatly greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

46zilzal
06-13-2006, 11:47 AM
FIRST, check out the programs at the University of Arizona so you have a leg up on the rest. If it had been available when I was in school, that is where I would have gone.

Suff
06-13-2006, 12:08 PM
I have had a passion for horses, esp. thoroughbreds since I was a little girl. From the time I was 6 I started reading a childrens book series called "The Thoroughbred Series" and I began to track thoroughbred racing and keeping a scrapbook or records/newspaper clippings of the TC and BC and other races such as preps. I have been around horses since the age of 7 and have ridden, Thanks.

Dear..

Please do me a favor. If your under 18 be careful about posting your gender and age on the internet. Please tell me (us) that your parents are aware of your internet activity?

I'm assuming your still young? If not disregard.

Breaking into racing is fairly easy......if your willing to start at the bottom.

Call or Visit any local race track in your area.... Simply get a list of trainers from thier web site , or call the racing office and inquire.

Call the trainer and tell him plainly and simply that you would like to be hired as Barn help and/or a Hotwalker.

It's low paying....$200 a week roughly...

You get up early... and get off late (on race days)..

The skys the limit... barns by and large let the talent seek its own level....

As you learn about the animal the trainer will be comfortable allowing you to do more...

after 6 months, maybe a year, depending on your trainer, he may make you an Groom. From there, you'll know what to do with respect to to professional courses you'll need to take for an Asst Trainers job.

Start out hotwalking.... if you like it, and your good, the world will come to you.

But more importantly... be careful on the internet.

Good luck

Si2see
06-13-2006, 12:18 PM
It never came across to me that she was under age by her post. Maybe younger but it is good to see young people like myself have ambition to make a living in this industry.

What tracks are local to you? The best thing is to do is like Suff said try to talk to any and every trainer you can, since it sounds like you have been around horses it may not take you as long at the bottom to work your way up to where you want to be... Jason

Suff
06-13-2006, 12:23 PM
It never came across to me that she was under age by her post. Maybe younger but it is good to see young people like myself have ambition to make a living in this industry.

I hope she isn't....and I agree ... Her ambition is admirable.

I'm a big supporter of Kids. I love kids. They bring out the best in me. I like to be careful with them and make sure they do whats right..... for fear they turn out like me....:lol: God forbid...:ThmbUp:

There can only be one of me! (per century)

Barbaro2006
06-13-2006, 12:37 PM
Actually, I am 21 :) just for the record. I was just stating all of that info about myself when i was younger to imply how thoroughbred crazy I am. :)

I live about 2 hours away from Ocala, FL and 4 hours away from Miami and 2 hours away from Tampa. I would def. have to move. :)

weegee
06-13-2006, 12:39 PM
I know little about specific careers in the racing industry, but I'm female who is well over-aged, and I would urge you, whatever your dreams, to finish school, go to college, get as much education as you can. It is more beneficial than you may realize at this point in your life and gives you more choices. If you want to be a trainer, talk to women on the backstretch and find out what their lives are like. What does it take to run a training operation? Do they have time for family? Personal life? These things are important, too. Good luck.

46zilzal
06-13-2006, 12:48 PM
get a job with hands on experience. I worked as a groom and hotwalker and found that even though it was rewarding, it is lots of hard work. The fellow I helped is also a lawyer who sets up breeding contracts, partnerships, sales contracts etc. so he has options in his life as the training thing can be UP and DOWN.

Frank Romano
06-13-2006, 03:04 PM
Maybe you should first try some of the farms in the Ocala area. They are always looking for reliable help. That way you could get started without having to relocate. I see that Tom Schell posts here, I am sure he could help you. Best of luck.

the little guy
06-13-2006, 03:27 PM
But more importantly... be careful on the internet.

Good luck

Maybe, Suff, you should heed your own advice.

Surely you know better than to fall for this.

Storm Cadet
06-13-2006, 03:33 PM
Contact Trainer Tom Shell at Calder Race Course. Speak to him as well as the 2 people he shares his shedrow with...Trainer Chris Gatsos and his asst trainer/jockey PJ Lydon.

I met PJ last month and spent some good time with her at her barn. She is very knowledgeable about the sport. She has been a groom, jockey for H Allen Jerkins at Belmont and exercise rider for my trainer Leah Gyamardi at Belmont.

She can tell you honestly what it's like to be in the profession especially from a womens point of view.

Good luck!

Suff
06-13-2006, 03:38 PM
Maybe, Suff, you should heed your own advice.

Surely you know better than to fall for this.

yea...know. I had that thought.. and I was back and forth. But I figured I'd play the mark, , just in case I was wrong. or right.
:ThmbUp:

Barbaro2006
06-13-2006, 03:38 PM
Thank you everyone! I really appreciate everyone's advice, help and input!! :) Its greatly appreciated. Are these trainers down at Calder currently or only certain times of the year?

the little guy
06-13-2006, 03:42 PM
yea...know. I had that thought.. and I was back and forth. But I figured I'd play the mark, , just in case I was wrong. or right.
:ThmbUp:

I had the benefit of seeing it attempting to reel in people on another site.

It's always the same.

Si2see
06-13-2006, 03:47 PM
Tom is at Calder all year when it is open, I am not sure that he is or isn't looking for any help but I know he is one of the most honest people on the backside of any racetrack so his help is something you could definetly use. Jason

CryingForTheHorses
06-13-2006, 03:49 PM
Actually, I am 21 :) just for the record. I was just stating all of that info about myself when i was younger to imply how thoroughbred crazy I am. :)

I live about 2 hours away from Ocala, FL and 4 hours away from Miami and 2 hours away from Tampa. I would def. have to move. :)

Hello Barbaro,IF you ever come to Calder there are lots of jobs hotwalking grooming, I myself have 3 horses and would be very happy to each you about racing if you chose.The thing is to maybe come on the weekends a few times and get to know what its about before you made your final desision,I myself know lots of people that may be able to help you, You need someone who will want to teach you and NOT date you, That is something you must be wary of..THE SHARKS..Im sure your a excellent horsewoman as is my wife Lisa.The best thing is people getting to know how you are with the horses, Coming on the weekends a few times will help you meet the right people. There are also a lot of people that will promise you the moon and all you get is the handle of the pitchfork, It also important to know someone who can steer you clear on them types.IF your a good worker at Calder and with the right people you will shine.

dutzman
06-13-2006, 03:52 PM
Yep, everyone pretty much said it.....get to the racetrack at 5AM....walk around and ask for help.....I guarantee you'll find work within 30 minutes. I work for a trainer on the backside and barns are always looking for dependable hotwalkers.

Suff
06-13-2006, 04:00 PM
Yep, everyone pretty much said it.....get to the racetrack at 5AM....walk around and ask for help.....I guarantee you'll find work within 30 minutes. I work for a trainer on the backside and barns are always looking for dependable hotwalkers.

Over at Suffolk they have loudspeakers....and especially on race days when trainers like to walk a horse for 20-30 minutes after a race you'll hear

"Anyone want to walk a horse for 10 bucks go to barn 8 ,now!"...:lol:

Si2see
06-13-2006, 04:03 PM
Over at Suffolk they have loudspeakers....and especially on race days when trainers like to walk a horse for 20-30 minutes after a race you'll hear

"Anyone want to walk a horse for 10 bucks go to barn 8 ,now!"...:lol:

That is way too funny :D

Suff
06-13-2006, 04:09 PM
That is way too funny :D

except!, Sometimes its 5 bucks.....and that's less funny....:jump:

kenwoodallpromos
06-13-2006, 05:26 PM
"You need someone who will want to teach you and NOT date you, That is something you must be wary of..THE SHARKS..Im sure your a excellent horsewoman as is my wife Lisa."
You can trust Tom- he ended up marrying his horsewoman and not just dating!LOL!!
Seriously, what I gather is you have to grab the best situation you can.
Tom's idea of hanging out weekends to get to know people before committing to one long term sounds like a good idea, especially if help is needed that much.

Jeff P
06-13-2006, 06:26 PM

"Anyone want to walk a horse for 10 bucks go to barn 8 ,now!"... :lol:

Here in southern CA every time I come out of Home Depot I can barely get my pickup truck out of the parking lot. As soon as I come out of the store with plywood or lumber or anything big in the cart I'm swarmed by illegals all wanting to get hired. Maybe I should ask if anybody likes horses...

-jp

JustRalph
06-13-2006, 10:42 PM
are we sure Barbaro isn't really Vetscratch?

:bang:

KingChas
06-13-2006, 11:32 PM
I had the benefit of seeing it attempting to reel in people on another site.

It's always the same.

Every year same time.Gotta be the lull after the TC and before the opening of the Spa. :D

DJofSD
06-14-2006, 12:26 AM
Hey Jeff. Try Lowe's out in Santee. Never have a problem with the locals trying to get hired.

WJ47
06-14-2006, 01:49 AM
I love horses so much, I'd probably work for free if I lived closer to a track. The nearest track to me is Fort Erie and I'm not sure what the rules are for Americans working in Canada. I've owned 4 riding horses (all rescues!) and just loved taking care of them and grooming and walking them. After I had my third child, I didn't have as much time and money for the horses with 3 kids under the age of 5! So I gave them to a friend on the condition that they'd never be sold and still visit them often. Two of them are still living. The youngest horse is 15 now. I wish I could have them back, but she loves them now so I would never suggest it.

Now the kids are almost grown, my oldest child is going to college this fall and my youngest is about to become a teenager this October! :) I really want to get involved with horses again. I had my children when I was young so I'm only 37 and trying to decide what to do with the rest of my life!

Right now, I have to settle for my 2 rottweilers, Lady and Harley, and watching the horses on TVG! :) Harley weighs almost 150 lbs so he's sort of like a horse himself!

Suff
06-14-2006, 08:13 AM
so I'm only 37 and trying to decide what to do with the rest of my life!
!

I'm not to busy, what do you have in mind?....:kiss:

headhawg
06-14-2006, 09:51 AM
I'm not to busy, what do you have in mind?....:kiss:This thread is getting to be more like one on Match.com or eharmony.com. What next? Dr Phil? :lol:

Barbaro2006
06-14-2006, 10:09 AM
McSchell Racing:
Thank you for your advice and I would def. like to come down and visit Calder. I def. think this would be a great idea for me to see what I would doing everyday and getting inside views and advice from you and your associates. I sent you a PM to discuss meeting down at Calder this summer. :) Thanks again!

Suff
06-14-2006, 10:25 AM
McSchell Racing:
. I sent you a PM to discuss meeting down at Calder this summer. :) Thanks again!

Shelly you may want to watch yourself here. Not that it is of any real threat.

However, the use of the abbreviation, PM, is a tip off that this poster is not genuine. Posting on multiple boards is another.

If you were new to a board, would you be using the terminology PM if it was your 2nd day?

Also, not sure why the announcement to the mass's that you were PM'd was called for. Especially for a newbie.

I'd ask her for her Phone number to arrange a backside tour, for when she gets to calder, and if she does'nt bite.........................It's a fake.

Suff
06-14-2006, 10:29 AM
btw

I'll lay two-fiddy this is Derek2U. Same smell in the air.

Anyone want that action?

Barbaro2006
06-14-2006, 10:36 AM
Thanks bud, for your assumption that I am not genuwine to wanting to be in the industry. I didn't post that I sent a PM to tell everyone, I posted that post to: McSchell Racing! I noticed he had not recieved my original message so I posted it on here incase he saw this before the other. I did not want to discuss when and where we'd be meeting in this thread as it is not anyone's business. Before u accuss people of being dishonest, u should stay out of other's business. And what the hell is so wrong about using "PM" on a board? Or using other forums to discuss topics? BTW I don't know who Derek2U is. So quit assuming u think u know who ur dealing with. Thanks.

CryingForTheHorses
06-14-2006, 12:01 PM
Thanks bud, for your assumption that I am not genuwine to wanting to be in the industry. I didn't post that I sent a PM to tell everyone, I posted that post to: McSchell Racing! I noticed he had not recieved my original message so I posted it on here incase he saw this before the other. I did not want to discuss when and where we'd be meeting in this thread as it is not anyone's business. Before u accuss people of being dishonest, u should stay out of other's business. And what the hell is so wrong about using "PM" on a board? Or using other forums to discuss topics? BTW I don't know who Derek2U is. So quit assuming u think u know who ur dealing with. Thanks.

I got your PM Barbaro,Just let me know when your ready and Ill give you my number..Look forward to meeting you.

the little guy
06-14-2006, 12:10 PM
The claws are out.

Another dead giveaway.

Barbaro2006
06-14-2006, 12:22 PM
Right, actually I just can't stand idiots who assume things. I'm guessing you believe everything a tabloid writes up too.

jotb
06-14-2006, 12:55 PM
I have had a passion for horses, esp. thoroughbreds since I was a little girl. From the time I was 6 I started reading a childrens book series called "The Thoroughbred Series" and I began to track thoroughbred racing and keeping a scrapbook or records/newspaper clippings of the TC and BC and other races such as preps. I have been around horses since the age of 7 and have ridden, groomed and spent tons of quality time with local trainers/riding instructors around my area, learning as much as I could about the horse's personalities, body structure, training, breeding, etc. I have read every book available to me to enhance my knowledge and spent many hours of my life dedicating it to spending time with each of the horses I have been involved with and learning everything I can from experts. I have always wanted to be involved in the racing industry and I want so badly to work for a trainer and gain experience in the industry to make it as an assistant trainer. I need to know, from people who know, how do I go about this? What involves being an assistant and what would I need as far as references to be considered? This is what I want to do with my life, I want to be around the breed I love the most. I also need to know how an assistant trainer or any type of employee of a trainer gets compensated? If I were able to make it into the industry, I would have to make sure I could afford to live on my own and pay my bills. I am asking this question as well b/c I am pretty much clueless on the matter of living comfortably while making my dreams come true. So if anyone with experience or knowledge could help me out, point me in the right direction, etc, I would greatly greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Hello:

It sounds to me you have the passion for the sport. I can identify with your post because I always wanted to be involved in the industry from the time you started having these feelings about horse racing. Unfortunately for me, I didn't enter the industry till I was in my mid 30's. I can share with you that up till the time I entered the industry, I was miserable in life always wondering and dreaming what it would be like to actually do something in life I wanted to do. Well that dream eventually became a reality for me. I suggest you live your dream and if I can help in any way please feel free to contact me so that I can assist you further.

Best regards,
Joe

Barbaro2006
06-14-2006, 01:32 PM
Thank you for your support and input. I am 21 but still feel like I've waited too long as well to finally start working towards my dream. Skeptism from members of my family have sorta made me think things over a million times and sometimes things they have said has made me feel like I can't do it, bc I wasn't born into the industry. All my life I have lived and breathed horses and racing. If I wasn't at school, I was at the stables with the horses, spending time with them, grooming, bathing, feeding, mucking, exercising, riding, reading and learning the vetrinary care and shoeing care, tack, etc. I've read every book that is out there, tracked racing and kept tabs on my fave horses, trainers and farms. I was lucky enough last year on a trip to Gulfstream Park, to get a private tour of Palm Meadows Training Center. I had a wonderful time getting to view the grounds and see some beautiful horses in action. Bandini being one of them! :) I know that if I just set my mind to it, I can find some way to make it in the business and do what I love most: being around beautiful thoroughbreds :) I'm glad that even after so long, you have made it into the business and are making ur dreams come true. :) Good Luck to you!

CryingForTheHorses
06-14-2006, 02:56 PM
The claws are out.

Another dead giveaway.

Very easy for you to sit in your chair sweating in your silk suit and accuse people of not being who they are. You make me sick always thinking you have the upper hand when it comes to anything. You are always bulling posters on here and just because you are a friend of PA you think you can get away with it..Get a life Little Guy and grow up and quit thinking you are better then everyone else..

jotb
06-14-2006, 02:59 PM
[QUOTE=Barbaro2006]Thank you for your support and input. I am 21 but still feel like I've waited too long as well to finally start working towards my dream. Skeptism from members of my family have sorta made me think things over a million times and sometimes things they have said has made me feel like I can't do it, bc I wasn't born into the industry.

Hello Barbaro2006:

You have not waited too long and it sounds like you already have the foundation. I can totally identify with the family support. My family had absolutely nothing to do with the industry and they had other plans for me and I guess that's why I waited as long as I did. When it came to horse racing my family always had something negative to say. They could never understand why I would even think about this industry. Like yourself, I would constantly search for any type of literature so I could feel part of something special to me. When I was your age, I would make it my business to find myself near the backside in the early morning watching racehorse trainers enter the grounds with all the other horseman but was intimidated to ask if anyone needed help. I always had my family in my mind saying this was not for me. I would then head off to my regular employment which I disliked very much. Make a long story short, I met this gentleman one day that had a horse transportation business and him and I had similar stories, so he asked me if I would like to come on the backside with him and get a close up look of the horses training in the morning. It was the first time I've ever been on the backside of a racetrack (always spent time on the frontside through the years) and to be on the backside of Belmont Park was like a world all by itself and for the first time in my life I felt I was at home. I was totally serene within and knew for sure this is where I wanted to spend the rest of my life. I had the opportunity to watch these wonderful, powerful thoroughbreds at first glance and it just may me think what I had missed all those years. All I can say to you young lady is, if your feelings are this strong about the industry, it's almost guaranteed you will always have the passion the rest of your life and this might be the time to expand your horizons. I learned from my own life that everything in life is for a reason and the things we feel good about are supposed to be that way for us and what is good for us may not be good for others but we are the ones that live with ourselves every day. Right now you are searching for direction and you are taking a step forward by asking for help and if you really want that help I'm sure you will find the right person to help you make your dream a reality......

Best regards,
Joe

the little guy
06-14-2006, 03:22 PM
Very easy for you to sit in your chair sweating in your silk suit and accuse people of not being who they are. You make me sick always thinking you have the upper hand when it comes to anything. You are always bulling posters on here and just because you are a friend of PA you think you can get away with it..Get a life Little Guy and grow up and quit thinking you are better then everyone else..

PA isn't a friend of mine ( nor is he an enemy ). We have never met.

Just because you have embarressed yourself further by communicating with a troll who instigates on every board on the internet is no reason to get snippy with me.

I do not, by the way, even own a silk suit. And, furthermore, I am standing.

Barbaro2006
06-14-2006, 03:27 PM

Just because you have embarressed yourself further by communicating with a troll who instigates on every board on the internet is no reason to get snippy with me.

Embarrassed himself, I think not. Putting you in your place about how rude you are is what was implied. If you don't have anything of positive interest or that concerns MY thread, please do not comment here, as it is a waste of your time and mine. Thank You.

the little guy
06-14-2006, 03:28 PM
Loved that little Bandini throw in.

Gotta give you credit....you are clever.

Barbaro2006
06-14-2006, 03:33 PM
Loved that little Bandini throw in.

Gotta give you credit....you are clever.

What about me mentioning Bandini? You have something against me speaking of that horse? He was the only horse I was really interested in seeing worked that morning, that's why he stands out in my mind everytime I think of that trip. That was why he was mentioned in my post. He is a great horse sired by a great stud, Fusaichi Pegasus and trained by a great trainer, Todd Pletcher. Like I said before, if your comments are of no serious or helpful contribution to MY thread, please do not comment here. Thank You.

CryingForTheHorses
06-14-2006, 03:35 PM

Please backup your words and PROVE to all of us this lady is a troll..Would also love to see her "other" instigating posts on other boards on the internet..You may want to rethink your thoughts..AS for embarressing myself..I hardly think so!

the little guy
06-14-2006, 03:35 PM
GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

I know you're happy to have snared a perfect foil here in Mr McSchell. Please post the photos here of your upcoming rendezvous.

All the best.

Barbaro2006
06-14-2006, 03:46 PM
[QUOTE=Barbaro2006]Thank you for your support and input. I am 21 but still feel like I've waited too long as well to finally start working towards my dream. Skeptism from members of my family have sorta made me think things over a million times and sometimes things they have said has made me feel like I can't do it, bc I wasn't born into the industry.

Hello Barbaro2006:

You have not waited too long and it sounds like you already have the foundation. I can totally identify with the family support. My family had absolutely nothing to do with the industry and they had other plans for me and I guess that's why I waited as long as I did. When it came to horse racing my family always had something negative to say. They could never understand why I would even think about this industry. Like yourself, I would constantly search for any type of literature so I could feel part of something special to me. When I was your age, I would make it my business to find myself near the backside in the early morning watching racehorse trainers enter the grounds with all the other horseman but was intimidated to ask if anyone needed help. I always had my family in my mind saying this was not for me. I would then head off to my regular employment which I disliked very much. Make a long story short, I met this gentleman one day that had a horse transportation business and him and I had similar stories, so he asked me if I would like to come on the backside with him and get a close up look of the horses training in the morning. It was the first time I've ever been on the backside of a racetrack (always spent time on the frontside through the years) and to be on the backside of Belmont Park was like a world all by itself and for the first time in my life I felt I was at home. I was totally serene within and knew for sure this is where I wanted to spend the rest of my life. I had the opportunity to watch these wonderful, powerful thoroughbreds at first glance and it just may me think what I had missed all those years. All I can say to you young lady is, if your feelings are this strong about the industry, it's almost guaranteed you will always have the passion the rest of your life and this might be the time to expand your horizons. I learned from my own life that everything in life is for a reason and the things we feel good about are supposed to be that way for us and what is good for us may not be good for others but we are the ones that live with ourselves every day. Right now you are searching for direction and you are taking a step forward by asking for help and if you really want that help I'm sure you will find the right person to help you make your dream a reality......

Best regards,
Joe

I dislike my current job as well, well I don't hate it, it's just boring and not for me. Pay is decent, but it's not something I want to spend my entire life doing. If I were closer to a racetrack, I would be there every morning before my desk job, watching the works and the horses. I'm a bit like you in reference to being intimidated by talking to trainers and others involved in the business. I almost struck up a conversation with Todd Pletcher when I was visiting Palm Meadows and Gulf Stream, but was too shy and didn't know if he would spend time talking to someone so full of dreams! :) LoL! That's my downfall, being shy. :) It took me forever to get the courage to call Palm Meadows, and ask to speak with the barn manager to ask about getting a tour of the facilities. They don't normally give tours, but I must have convinced them well enough that I was just dying to see the place! :) When I was younger everyone told me that when I was in high school or college that i would get over my love of horses and racing. Boy were they wrong and I told them they would be from day 1. I get very attached to horses, even if they aren't mine or even if i have never met them. I bawled my eyes out when Charismatic was injured in 1999 at the Belmont and when Barbaro was in the preakness. Everytime I hear about or see a horse injured, euthanized or sold to M.P. I get upset and cry like a big baby. Some people think they are just animals, but to me, they are friends and companions. A long time ago I was injured in a riding accident and my first concern was if my horse was ok, not that my wrist was broken. Horses are my life, and now I just want to have a career where they are around me 24/7 :) I really appreciate all the support :)

Barbaro2006
06-14-2006, 03:50 PM
GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

I know you're happy to have snared a perfect foil here in Mr McSchell. Please post the photos here of your upcoming rendezvous.

All the best.

Do you really think Mr. McSchell needs to post photos on the board of our meeting to prove to you that I am genuine?! Ha! I wouldn't waste my time doing that b/c I could care less if you believe me or not. And I guarentee Mr. McSchell doesn't care if you believe him or not as well. What are you, in 6th grade? Sorry, noone has to prove anything to anyone. Quit posting on MY thread! You are annoying and a nusiance. If you can't bring anything positive or helpful to MY thread, please stay out of it. You are just wasting yours and my time. Thanks.

CryingForTheHorses
06-14-2006, 03:52 PM
GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

All the best.

A perfect foil!!!....I would think thats you always hiding behind your keyboard..I dont have anything to hide pal nor do I have to hide anything for anyone else..

Suff
06-14-2006, 04:09 PM
[QUOTE]Do you really think Mr. McSchell needs to post photos on the board of our meeting to prove to you that I am genuine?!

yes

Ha! I wouldn't waste my time doing that b/c I could care less if you believe me or not

Then why the fuss when your doubted?

Please... sush yourself.

Barbaro2006
06-14-2006, 04:21 PM
[QUOTE=Barbaro2006]

yes

Then why the fuss when your doubted?

Please... sush yourself.

Like I said before, I can't stand idiots who don't know anything about the person they are accusing, thats what the fuss is about. Idiots. 2ndly, I don't want my photo posted on the internet, thats why, I don't want to take the time to post proof. Like I also said before, what are you all? In 6th grade?! Get over the "proof" and accusing me of not wanting to really be in the industry when I have obviously stated my feelings clearly. Thanks.

PaceAdvantage
06-14-2006, 06:29 PM
You people really don't like me, do you?

rrpic6
06-14-2006, 06:41 PM
This is a pretty good Soap Opera. What's it called?

kenwoodallpromos
06-14-2006, 06:49 PM
Since Barbaro2006 does not seem to mind give and take, for now I will call it a thread started on a slow race day. Does not matter to me who is real and who is not, all I see is text!

CryingForTheHorses
06-14-2006, 07:28 PM

I have nothing against you PA.I love this site!! Why would you think that?.

Barbaro2006
06-14-2006, 09:32 PM

LoL....PA, this doesn't have anything to do with u! :) I luv this site too! So far I have gotten alot of postive feedback and mostly everyone has been very kind. Most of us just can't stand the jerks on here who accuse people of not being genuine about their intentions of wanting to be apart of the industry. I really could give a flying flip less, i just have a short amount of patience for idiots or in other words 10 year olds in adult bodies. :P I wish they'd take their no good help and nonsense and stay out of my threads! :)

Hosshead
06-15-2006, 06:22 AM
btw

I'll lay two-fiddy this is Derek2U. Same smell in the air.

Anyone want that action?

are we sure Barbaro isn't really Vetscratch?

:bang:

So Far We Have:
A. VetScratch
B. Derek2U
c. She is a He

What are the odds that at least 1 of the above is true ?
If the answer is C. then he'll have to send a woman imposter to meet at the barn !

Bruddah
06-15-2006, 07:01 AM
so I am drinking my coffee and reading this drivel. You all may be 21 and older but, I think I am reading an old Archie and Jughead comic book. Let's see? I was 12 yo, the last time I did that.

Let's all go outside and play. This fantasy land is getting old.

Gee! I am sure cranky in the morning. :lol:

Barbaro2006
06-15-2006, 01:50 PM

That's what half of my thread has turned out to be. I come onto this board for help and advice and 75% of the posters are helpful while the other 25% immediately bash me and accuse me of being some other poster who I am assuming screwed people over on this board?! Just a wild guess. Anyways, again thanks to everyone with relevant feedback to my questions. I really appreciate it. :)

kenwoodallpromos
06-15-2006, 05:08 PM
No one has told you yet, but we do get old people who use differnt names abd pretend to be someone else, either because they want to joke around or else they have a question they think will be regarded as stupid and do not want to look foolish. Si8nce you already know things like chat codes you will learn to use the ignore button very soon and can ignore anyone on hear you want to! Including PA (you learned that code for Paceadvantage real quick!) since you already are telling him how to run his forum!!LOL!!
Se had several people on hear who were the real deal but got flamed and left. but whether you are who you say or not hang in here because I find your posts interesting!
Why don;t you go to Todd Pletcher's website and have him also recommend trainers to contact?

rrpic6
06-15-2006, 06:34 PM
I really did not want to join in on this conversation, but just some observations.

The members in here are, most likely, at least 90% male. I'd make a guess that 75% are older than 30. When stats like this occurred in my work place, say 20 years ago, as now about 50% are female, a new female co-worker would attract much attention, as well as jealousy and skepticism over their intentions and sincerity. Sounds like this is happening here. Barbaro2006 states she is 21 and loves horses. She sounds eager to learn more and work in the field. Being 21, she should know how to use a chat room, certainly not a Red Flag for anything. Since we can't see or hear her, does this mean she is not real? If she is real, a 21 year old female that loves horses would cause a 30+ hetero-sexual male that loves horses to have thoughts about her in other ways. Just another lesson in human nature.

Suff
06-15-2006, 07:00 PM
I. Just another lesson in human nature.

I prefer my women, like I prefer my whiskey,... .....aged 18 years!..:ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
06-16-2006, 04:45 AM
I must say, after being away from the board for over 24 hours, I expected much worse...not that this thread is good in any way, but I was bracing myself.....

Time to shut this thread down...it's way off topic....and silly....