PDA

View Full Version : Thursday double at the Spa... Races 2&3 and a pick three for good measure

Suff
08-21-2002, 10:04 PM
Race two...Looking it over... Pretty even field Talent wise and should be pretty spread out on the Toat board... This might be a double I would look at the "Probables" and see if I can see one or two that they're missing... But since I'll be at work.. I gotta bet it by Telephone... Couple of things stick out to me...

#7 Skaneatles....Paid 95 grand for the horse... Yet to race and they put her up for a tag at less than they paid... Not to mention the Barn and Vet fees for the last year...

#6 Gold bullion... Ran a Fair first MDSPWT at 4-1... 4th by 6th...43 beyer... Next out they completely disregard her and send her at 22-1 and they were right ... as she bombed... But I've seen many many many firsters run the race she ran and come back at even LOWER odds... Kinda curious how and why they gave up on her after that so-so 4th.

#2 Comeback to me ran at .90 her first out as a Coupled... when singled at MDSPWT45K... she took action @ 7-1 and showed a lil speed for 2 furlongs.

I'm not seeing it with those three... I like two horses here... the 1 , Fluid and Fast and the 8 Rachelles numbers.

I'm going strong on the one horse(Fluid and Fast). I like that 60K tag race she ran at Belmont in Mid June... Time off does not concern me much as they may have pointed her for this or a similar race at the Spa.

Heres the intersting thing about that race... She was 3rd by 7.5 ... Winner was 3.5 clear.. Place horse was 4 clear... and Fluid and fast was a WHOPPING nine clear on 4th place finisher.. short field but still.. 9 lengths is 9 lengths.. It was pretty fast race... 22 flat 45 flat 57.3 ... I like early foals when we're talking two year olds and This gal was a JAN foal... Another thing about that running line is that Lil Middle move she made... You can just see ... she made a lil charge at the leaders right before the 1/4 pole... I like to see a Tactical gear in a First time runner.. She's my Pick. I don't like the Post and so I'm gonna hedge with the 8 Horse ( rachelles Numbers)

I'm going to play $50 bucks right on her nose... $50 to win on the One,, Fluid and Fast
$15 Exacta 1-8
$5 exacta 8-1

70 bucks

Race Three

I like the 5 Gold N Fancy Right back... probably going to be big odds... Longest shot on the board perhasp.... I see a horse that has been getting alot of OJT and responding... Horse looks like she starting to Like to race.... Carrero is determined. This his her first at the distance but she has a 330 Tommy at the distance... She ran three nice races on the Aqueduct Inner track,,, and I think if she took to those tight turns she may like the Oval here at Saratoga. It is only a 57.. But she is coming off a career high beyer... I like Bruce levine... worked her three times since last... Time to step it up

$10.00 double 1-5,3.... $20
$5.00 double 8-5,3 $10

70 and 30 = 100 bucks.... I like the risk/value

#2 Rosie is a leader is my single in the 4th

pick threes... 1/all/4
1,8/3,5/4

Good luck