PDA

View Full Version : Pick Four

Mmm_food
06-12-2006, 03:05 PM
hello everyone:

Long time ghoster first time poster.

First off i would like to thank everyone who has made a post that helped my game out. I have only been handicapping for a year. I am sort of a ten to twenty dollar a race guy.

So i hit the pick four at canterbury, my home track, on Saturday and the payout seemed kind of low ($322). What would you say the average payout is at your track?

thanks and good luck to all.
-f

Disqualified
06-12-2006, 03:13 PM
It really depends on if you have any long shots in the mix, if you get even one decent shot it can raise it greatly. go to drf.com and check the results at different tracks to see the pick 4 payouts. How much did u spend on the ticket? its still a nice payout. I also go to Canterbury often, should get out there on thursday this week and pick up my Belmont winnings.

tholl
06-12-2006, 03:31 PM
It did seem low--the parlay was 296/1 but with no favorites (three second choices and on third winning) in competitive races I would have expected about $400.

bigmack
06-12-2006, 04:22 PM
With the exception of Jack of My Heart I thought they all should have been chalk. Pools there don't normally pay well for the P3-4's

Valuist
06-12-2006, 04:51 PM
Mmm Food-

I play Cby a bit and their pools aren't very large. Smaller P3/P4 pools are less efficient, and USUALLY seem to pay more than they should but there are exceptions.

Mmm_food
06-12-2006, 07:23 PM
thank you for the replies everyone.

I didn't mean to sound crass, the payoff was very nice as I only spent four dollars on the ticket. I get to daydreaming in the time between the race and when they post the payoffs (ie. waiting for them to post the exacta payout for the derby).

Big Mack... I would have to agree with you about those horses should have been the shortest odds. I felt like everyone in the betting pools were giving me gifts and i made some nice scores on the individual races as well. I only bet Jack of my Heart beacuse Ocampo was up. Too bad i thought Steppenwolfer was the right choice in the belmont stakes.

Tholl... this is perhaps a rookie question but I am going to ask it anyway. What do you mean by the parlay was 296/1.