PDA

View Full Version : Bahamas Vacation Planning Question

sq764
06-12-2006, 10:53 AM
For our anniversary next year, my wife has already indicated that she wants to go to the Bahamas and stay in the Atlantis.. We have never been outside of the US (besides Canada), so I have little knowledge on planning this type of trip..

Any suggestions on package deals or all inclusive deals? We will be leaving from Philly or Baltimore and it will likely be late September of next year..

Thanks in advance for any information.

Dave Schwartz
06-12-2006, 12:28 PM
I will be interested in this answer as well because we want to go to the Bahamas in February.

Although I have been there many times, I have not been there in about 30 years.

Suggestions on places to stay, etc.?

Dave

sq764
06-12-2006, 12:41 PM
I have been doing some looking around of late and I see a LOT of complaints about Atlantis (where my wife wants to go), as well as concerns over the high rates of crime to tourists..

Maybe she'll just settle for a 5 year anniversary spent at Delmar.. And after the groin kick, I will be right back here waiting for responses to the Bahamas question..

Dave Schwartz
06-12-2006, 01:06 PM
We're going to Delmar in August while we are "installing" our two sons at college. One is going to USC on August 16 and the other to San Diego Christian College on August 24, forcing us to take a vacation down there for a week.

Oh well... the sacrifices we make for their children. <G>

Dave

bigmack
06-12-2006, 01:46 PM
I've been to the Atlantis and found it as another mega-complex where you simply stay within the confines of the resort. Very uncomfortable to wander out of the complex as the locals are quite distressed economically and can be less than friendly. Also, the wind blows like a banchie down there. Overall, I can't give it a thumbs up experience.

As I live several blocks from the old BCosby estate about a mile from DelMar - now we're talking. Trust you both have been here and know the town well enough to enjoy thouroughly.

Dave, USD is a great institution and I trust your son will appreciate the beauty of the campus as it has always been renowned for it's locational splendor and beauty of the attending coeds.

sq764
06-12-2006, 02:35 PM
We're going to Delmar in August while we are "installing" our two sons at college. One is going to USC on August 16 and the other to San Diego Christian College on August 24, forcing us to take a vacation down there for a week.

Oh well... the sacrifices we make for their children. <G>

Dave

Wow, USC and a Christian College.. Could there be more extremes?

bigmack
06-12-2006, 02:39 PM
Ooops I read it as USD. As Emily Litella would say - Nevermind.