PDA

View Full Version : ROLLINS SEVERELY INJURED AFTER FALLING OFF HORSE

bigmack
06-11-2006, 10:11 PM
http://cbs5.com/localwire/localfsnews/bcn/2006/06/11/n/HeadlineNews/JOCKEY-FALLS/resources_bcn_html

chickenhead
06-12-2006, 03:39 PM
just read about this in the paper, doesn't sound good. I hope he can pull through.

kenwoodallpromos
06-12-2006, 08:37 PM
IMO, then way it happened was freaky. Horse could not see the rail the way his head was turned, and Rollins fell off juust as Dr. Ramos hit the rail- Rollins landed on one? foot on the wide rail top, then tumbled over onto the infield. Horse's PP's showed nothing unusual, but the horse was used to racing on the rail and 2w-3w in races and most likely in workouts. I assume Dr. Ramos wanted to get near the rail to race but Rollins was trying to keep him more wide.
A doctor on the news last night was blaming Rollins, saying he might have had low blood sugar from not eating enough; and lobbyinh for higher weights.
I have not heard that they did a blood sugar test but it sounded like BS to me.
Rollins is one of the smartest jockeys in Northern Ca. and the horse had the whole track to himself. Dr. Ramos just refused to obey Rollins' control. ROllins would have been able to jump off on the right side, but thought the horse would straighten out.
There were 6 horses who DNF Saturday and Sunday, and except for some who had recent layoffs, there were no strong indicators in the PP's of problems any of the horses had. I say just a weird weekend at San Mateo.

Sailwolf
06-12-2006, 08:43 PM
IMO, then way it happened was freaky. Horse could not see the rail the way his head was turned, and Rollins fell off juust as Dr. Ramos hit the rail- Rollins landed on one? foot on the wide rail top, then tumbled over onto the infield. Horse's PP's showed nothing unusual, but the horse was used to racing on the rail and 2w-3w in races and most likely in workouts. I assume Dr. Ramos wanted to get near the rail to race but Rollins was trying to keep him more wide.
A doctor on the news last night was blaming Rollins, saying he might have had low blood sugar from not eating enough; and lobbyinh for higher weights.
I have not heard that they did a blood sugar test but it sounded like BS to me.
Rollins is one of the smartest jockeys in Northern Ca. and the horse had the whole track to himself. Dr. Ramos just refused to obey Rollins' control. ROllins would have been able to jump off on the right side, but thought the horse would straighten out.
There were 6 horses who DNF Saturday and Sunday, and except for some who had recent layoffs, there were no strong indicators in the PP's of problems any of the horses had. I say just a weird weekend at San Mateo.

and very small fields!

cj
06-13-2006, 12:31 AM
That horse being near the rail had nothing to do with Rollins. The horse was very rank and basically ran himself into the rail.

bigmack
06-13-2006, 12:45 AM
The hoss was out of her mind in an almost manic fit.

Last 2 outings on grass. Bore out in the last 5F.

Claimed by Wesley A. Ward who decides to go turf route/sprint and s again?

Interesting record on Wesley A. Ward.

kenwoodallpromos
06-13-2006, 12:25 PM
The hoss was out of her mind in an almost manic fit.

Last 2 outings on grass. Bore out in the last 5F.

Claimed by Wesley A. Ward who decides to go turf route/sprint and s again?

Interesting record on Wesley A. Ward.
Dr. Ramos is listed as a 5 yr old gelding, and last was on grass a few races ago; Sunday's PP's show only routes and no "bore out" as of 9Jul 2005. Does not show Ward listed on PP's. Not sure what you were looking at.

bigmack
06-13-2006, 12:49 PM
kwp - i was looking @ the pp's from saturday.

kenwoodallpromos
06-13-2006, 05:51 PM
kwp - i was looking @ the pp's from saturday.
6-10 BM 3rd race, horse #2- Rare Insight- Ward tr, Rollins jockey. advanced from 4th to finish 2nd basically responded to urging.
Dr. Ramos ran Sunday 6-11. But you were correct in that it was the 3rd race, #2 horse.
And I am in agreement that Dr. Ramos was out of Rollins' control.

bigmack
06-15-2006, 12:35 PM
Chance update:
http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=34020