PDA

View Full Version : Questions/complaints for ESPN

andicap
08-21-2002, 02:46 PM
I'm headed up to ESPN this week. Anything you want to ask them. And don't say, put more racing on: They put on what people watch and advertisers buy. ESPN makes lots of money, it knows what it's doing.

gillenr
08-21-2002, 05:36 PM
About 2 years ago, I asked them to take the ESPN logo off the screen when showing horse races - Digest & now WTW - because it obscures the fractions & the only people watching those shows are degenerate horseplayers. Naturally, I got no response. Give it a shot for us!

ceejay
08-21-2002, 07:35 PM
If they preempt a racing special for something like Woman's Golf or Little League Baseball, how about showing the race live on ESPNEWS (and telling us to flip). They used to show the Emrites Air World cup races on ESPNNEWS, so it's not without precedent.

rrbauer
08-21-2002, 11:22 PM
ANDI

ESPN as in Bellevue WA?

JustRalph
08-22-2002, 01:12 AM
Yeah......Tell them to Purchase TVG !!!!

Bubbles
08-22-2002, 07:49 AM
Hey...

If they cancel a horse racing special on one channel, why not move it to their sister network, ESPN2? Not many people get ESPNNEWS, so this would be much easier. Later!

aaron
08-22-2002, 10:04 AM
I think you should ask the people who produce the racing shows on ESPN why they don't put on any interesting or entertaining hosts.The shows are too bland.In the old days in NY we used to watch Harvey Pack and the late Pete Axleihem{excuse the spelling}They made racing telecasts fun and still gave insights into the races.

Bubbles
08-22-2002, 12:07 PM
Hey...

He's right. On Wire to Wire, Randy Moss isn't that bad, but why not replace the other guy with Kenny Mayne? He knows horses (somewhat) and he can add a spot of humor to the show. Just an idea, any agreements?

delayjf
08-26-2002, 02:21 PM
IMO, wire to wire can do without the quarter-horse section. Not sure of the stats, but I don't know anybody with a keen interest in Quarter horses. They could show a lot more stakes races from around the country, especially this time of year. Like they used to when the show first got started.