PDA

View Full Version : Belmont betting pools

highnote
06-10-2006, 05:33 PM
It appears that neither BRIS nor DRF carry the win/place/show toteboard pools for some of the more popular tracks -- NYRA tracks are the most obvious ones.

I've written BRIS on a couple of occasion, but got no answer.

Anyone know why DRF and BRIS don't provide tote pools for popular tracks?

rrpic6
06-11-2006, 11:57 AM
Winticket carries the WPS Pools along with the percentages in each pool. They are updated approximately each minute preceding post time.

Jeff P
06-11-2006, 12:02 PM
It appears that neither BRIS nor DRF carry the win/place/show toteboard pools for some of the more popular tracks -- NYRA tracks are the most obvious ones.

I've written BRIS on a couple of occasion, but got no answer.

Anyone know why DRF and BRIS don't provide tote pools for popular tracks?Net Pool Pricing

-jp

trigger
06-11-2006, 12:12 PM
Youbet shows all betting pools (WPS and exotics) for each race for all tracks they carry and updates the figures periodically until the pools close.

highnote
06-11-2006, 04:47 PM
Winticket carries the WPS Pools along with the percentages in each pool. They are updated approximately each minute preceding post time.

Are the winticket pools free, or do you need to have a betting account?

Is there a monthly fee for Youbet?

stu
06-11-2006, 07:57 PM
You can see the Youbet pools for free on their non-betting site -- youbet.net

Registration is required.

bigmack
06-11-2006, 08:14 PM
http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/supertote/tracks.cgi
they've got em all here

highnote
06-11-2006, 08:30 PM
http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/supertote/tracks.cgi
they've got em all here

Not Belmont.

bigmack
06-11-2006, 08:44 PM
Not Belmont.
click on track # - Belmont be there.
ya then have to go down to start super tote

banacek
06-11-2006, 08:51 PM
click on track # - Belmont be there.
ya then have to go down to start super tote

But when you check on belmont the pools all say 0. (Net pool pricing)

highnote
06-11-2006, 08:59 PM
But when you check on belmont the pools all say 0. (Net pool pricing)

What does net pool pricing have to do with them showing zero dollars in the win/place/show pools? Don't other tracks have net pool pricing for which they show the pools?

bigmack
06-11-2006, 09:05 PM
are you talking about live pools - cause that's what i directed you 2
and if that's the case belmont is not running right now thus the 0

highnote
06-11-2006, 09:13 PM
are you talking about live pools - cause that's what i directed you 2
and if that's the case belmont is not running right now thus the 0

Arlington Park is not running either but the pools from the last race are still up. Belmont's pools are never up on BRIS -- even when they're running. Same with Fort Erie. I've written to BRIS on more than one occasion asking why the Fort Erie and Belmont pools are not being shown. They don't have an answer.

banacek
06-11-2006, 09:15 PM
Nope, that's the way they always show them. Not all tracks use net pool pricing. For example, Hollywood & is over today and their pools are there and they don't use net pool pricing, I believe.So are Bay Meadows, Monmouth,and Philadelphia. But Churchill always shows nothing but 0s when I look.

It has to do with money coming in from other tracks (including internationally), but I'm not sure of all the logic behind it.

highnote
06-11-2006, 09:30 PM
Nope, that's the way they always show them. Not all tracks use net pool pricing. For example, Hollywood & is over today and their pools are there and they don't use net pool pricing, I believe.So are Bay Meadows, Monmouth,and Philadelphia. But Churchill always shows nothing but 0s when I look.

It has to do with money coming in from other tracks (including internationally), but I'm not sure of all the logic behind it.

That doesn't make sense to me because other outlets show the pools.

NYRA show the pools on their site. Racing Channel and Phonebet show the pools on their sites. WinTicket shows the pools.

BRIS and DRF do not.

Is it correct that BRIS and DRF don't know how to convert the pools to US dollars, but everyone else does?

banacek
06-11-2006, 09:44 PM
It's a little more complicated.

From Woodbine's site:

Net Pool Pricing allows each jurisdiction participating in the pool to offer different retention rates (also known as takeout rates) than the host track should they choose or be regulated to do so. For example, if a participant chooses to use a higher takeout than the host track, they will have proportionately less weighting in the commingled pool than wagers with a lower takeout rate. Therefore, jurisdictions using a higher retention offer a lower payout to their customers and the remainder of the network is not affected. This also would work the other way should the participant use a lower takeout, and their respective prices would be higher than the host track.
Calculating Projected Payouts using Tote Board Information:

One of the results of the Net Pool pricing model is that one can no longer accurately calculate the payouts using only the information available on the tote board. This is true for all pools, including the Win pool. The reason for this is one needs to know the commission rate of the wagers on each runner in each pool to determine the true NET pool and NET winning wagers. (The tote odds continue to be accurate, as the tote has all of the necessary information to properly calculate and display the current odds / payouts.

http://www.woodbineentertainment.com/commonpools/pricing.html

highnote
06-11-2006, 10:09 PM
That still doesn't explain how a tote service like BRIS or DRF can not display the Belmont pools and other tote services can.

Showing of the pools is dependent on the takeout of a particular jurisdiction. However, with respect to BRIS and DRF this is a moot point. Neither BRIS Supertote nor DRF tote have a takeout. They simply provide the data. Takeout has nothing to do with them. They don't take bets so there is no co-mingling of wagers with the host track.

So I still have to ask why DRF and BRIS can not show the win/place and show pool bets.

banacek
06-11-2006, 10:14 PM
That still doesn't explain how a tote service like BRIS or DRF can not display the Belmont pools and other tote services can.

I'm really not sure of the logic or if "net pool" is only one of the reasons. Hopefully someone else will be able to answer your question better than me. I found it curious too.

highnote
06-11-2006, 10:41 PM
I'm really not sure of the logic or if "net pool" is only one of the reasons. Hopefully someone else will be able to answer your question better than me. I found it curious too.

When there is no rational reason, then all that is left are irrational reasons. Given that we're talking about the racing industry, it would not be surprising if the reason the pools are not displayed is not a rational reason.

Pardon the triple negatives in that last sentence :)

The "logical" equivalent is: "It would be surprising if the reason the pools are not displayed is a rational reason."
:D

BlueShoe
06-12-2006, 12:54 AM
S John,this poster started a thread on this topic a while back,it is on the other forum at the bottom of the page,and will go to page two soon.The general opinion was that the tecknology is easily available to provide the pools,but that the powers that be are not real concerned about providing them.I am with you in that I too have been quite irritated about this situation.

highnote
06-12-2006, 09:11 AM
S John,this poster started a thread on this topic a while back,it is on the other forum at the bottom of the page,and will go to page two soon.The general opinion was that the tecknology is easily available to provide the pools,but that the powers that be are not real concerned about providing them.I am with you in that I too have been quite irritated about this situation.

Does AmericaTab provide the Belmont or CD pools? If so, then you'd think their partner, BRIS, would also provide the pools. I assume they get the tote feed from the same source.

Buddha
06-12-2006, 03:18 PM
I thought that when I would look at pools on my WatchAndWager account, a Americatab affiliate, that it showed them, but I will check next time Belmont runs to verify.

highnote
06-12-2006, 03:48 PM
It would not surprise me if sites that take bets on Belmont provide the pools; whereas, sites that only provide a data feed do not provide the pools.

But why?