PDA

View Full Version : Belmont Stakes Selection

Stevie Belmont
06-09-2006, 11:02 PM
It's the Belmont Stakes. Time for another blockbuster day of racing at the ole Big Sandy. Packed house, well if they were going for a Triple Crown anyway. Let's face it, if this card does not get you going, your not really a true racing fan. The Belmont Stakes might lack any real star power, but the one thing it does not lack is, betting oppurtunities.

There are some real nice contenders in here...Sunriver...impressive winner of the Peter Pan...all out to beet Lewis Michael against slow fractions. Bluegrass Cat, derby runner up the closers Jazil and Steppenwolfer. And of course Bob and John...this is the clear cut class of the field.

Bob and John has been working very fast in preperation for this race. This horse is dead fit, he can lay right below the leaders and make a winning run around the long Belmont Bend. I would not be surprised if he was even on the lead once the other speed quit, High Finance and Double Galore. Baffert has a well seasoned colt and knows how to win these races. Price will be right for sure. 4-1 or better.

Oh So Awesome is the long shot of the race. Well bred, has won going long with the weight and gets lasix for the first time. This guy can flasf speed if need be. Remember, this horse was brought here with the Belmont Stakes as the main objective. So not only will he be in exotics, but a saver bet is in order at better then 30-1.

Im leaving out Sunriver, and I admit, that could be a mistake. This is a tough Classic race. Would not surprise me, but at short odds, has done done enough in his past to make me get on board now.

This could be anyones race, but this is what I will do. The Wood still scares me. Im still not sure this one get get the distance. That was a sloppy track, and ive tossed that effort based on that.

Bob and John W/P

Bob and John Zacta/All

Bob and John/Steppen,Oh So Awesome,Jazil,Bluegrass Cat/Steppen,Oh So Awesome,Jazil

kenwoodallpromos
06-10-2006, 01:39 AM
Same as mine except I left Jazil out.

46zilzal
06-10-2006, 01:43 AM
Based on ONE race with a trip that strongly contributed to that success?

Stevie Belmont
06-10-2006, 08:40 AM
No standouts here, makinh the top pick a bit more difficult. Bob and John has the right style, hopefully the big works translate to a big effort. Cali works always look good, but this guy has the benefit of the doubt. Nothing would surprise me here out of the top choices, and maybe worse.

Just watched the 2004 Classics, now its off to Belmont Park. That Birdstone race is still hard to swallow. Man that was exciting though.

delayjf
06-10-2006, 12:06 PM
As I reviewed this horse's last race, his fractions really caught my attention

23.4 23.2 24.1 24

He actually accelerated TWICE in the same race. Obviously HF had no problem with the pace / distance of that race. His Beyer for that race is competitive and he looks like he is sitting on a big effort. If the pace is moderate, I think he'll have the lead turning for home, at a price he worth a bet.

46zilzal
06-10-2006, 12:25 PM
No standouts here, makinh the top pick a bit more difficult. Bob and John has the right style, hopefully the big works translate to a big effort. Cali works always look good, but this guy has the benefit of the doubt. Nothing would surprise me here out of the top choices, and maybe worst
this colt's energy distribution is going the wrong way bigtime. If true it indicates he runs out of gas BEFORE the wire.

Stevie Belmont
06-11-2006, 12:24 AM
So true....it was a bad bet, and i'll admit it. I had my doubts before the race, but decided on him any way. Looked at the positives over the negatives.This was a race I should have not even made a pick on a forum. I like to post on horse when I have conviction.

Jazil team vowed to be closer, and the horse rose to the occasion. Bred for long and powere to the victory over Bluegrass Cat. 4 of the top 5 finishers were in the derby and figured strongly. No reason not to get that one. A triple with these was more then playable. Congrats to all who had Jazil...and the $14 dollar payoff.