PDA

View Full Version : Southwest Airlines Ad???

Maxspa
06-09-2006, 10:45 AM
P.A.,
Can you give us any information on the legitimacy of the Southwest Airlines Advertisement??? I've read the ad carefully but wonder about its authenticity!! Can you give us any opinions on what you think about whether it's the real deal or not?
I would use the service to get my Saratoga flight but have legitimacy concerns.
Maxspa

Buddha
06-09-2006, 11:56 AM
What ad is it?

Maxspa
06-09-2006, 04:50 PM
Buddha,
The opening screen on the PA board had the SouthWest ad. It was large and below the Pace Advantage topics. It was $125 for anywhere Southwest
flies. Anyone flying in to Saratoga for the PA get together would save substantial money if this is legitimate.
Hope everything is going well for you!
Maxspa

kitts
06-09-2006, 05:50 PM
I have flown Southwest several times, often at a savings and I have never had a bad experience.

PaceAdvantage
06-09-2006, 07:46 PM
Large and below the topics? The only large ads I run are at the very top of the various message board screens (right below where it says Sponsored Links) and on the home page in the NEWS section:

www.paceadvantage.com (http://www.paceadvantage.com)

Perhaps you were stuck in a frame from another site? I wouldn't be surprised to see a Southwest ad here from Google Ads, but not in the location you described....

Buddha
06-09-2006, 11:37 PM
Maxspa, just check out www.southwest.com and find the nearest airport to you and then see how much it would cost to fly to Albany. The will show the tickets going each way.

Maxspa
06-10-2006, 01:00 AM
All,
It is below the Race Day Information on the PA Opening screen tonight at 12:50 am 6/10/06 . Weather, Live calls, Online Race Information and Online Tote Board are the race day items on PA's Board. After clicking the banner, the following message appears:
Fly with Southwest Airlines and save!

One-way and roundtrip tickets for any departure/destination covered by Southwest Airlines for only $120.00, inclusive of airport fees and taxes.

Rules and policies

ALL AIRLINE TICKET PURCHASES ARE FINAL. Airline tickets cannot be cancelled, refunded, changed, exchanged or transferred to other individuals. Credit will not be given for any unused airline tickets and cannot be used toward any future purchases. Change fees are not an option.
The price for one-way and roundtrip tickets is the same.
You cannot select flight times. The itinerary will be determined based on flight availability.
A minimum of 72 hours is required to process the reservation.
Payment must be made within three days from the receipt of the confirmation from the airline.
For amounts less than or equal $1000.00 we accept payment through the Western Union only (www.westernunion.com) using a credit or debit card, or cash. You are responsible for paying Western Union transfer fee.
For amounts over $1000.00 we accept credit card payment only.
There is a $10.00 booking fee per reservation.
Make a reservation
Maxspa

Buddha
06-10-2006, 01:38 AM
I don't see the ad, but like I said, head over to southwest.com and click on reservations at the top, and you can find out how much the price will be to fly. The text you copied from the ad seems to be from a third party thing, not directly with southwest.

BillW
06-10-2006, 01:50 AM
Max,

The $120 one-way price seems reasonable for typical SWA specials (I fly them all the time). I would be suspicious of the round-trip same price though. If you haven't already checked, they have a $127 each way Tampa-Albany price in that time frame on their site. With TT&L that would come out to be about $285 for the trip. Some of their better deals are non-refundable but I've never seen any that weren't eligible for a credit where they just put the value on account for 1 year without penalty.

Bill

PaceAdvantage
06-10-2006, 03:19 AM
All,
It is below the Race Day Information on the PA Opening screen tonight at 12:50 am 6/10/06 . Weather, Live calls, Online Race Information and Online Tote Board are the race day items on PA's Board. After clicking the banner, the following message appears:
Fly with Southwest Airlines and save!

One-way and roundtrip tickets for any departure/destination covered by Southwest Airlines for only $120.00, inclusive of airport fees and taxes.

Rules and policies

ALL AIRLINE TICKET PURCHASES ARE FINAL. Airline tickets cannot be cancelled, refunded, changed, exchanged or transferred to other individuals. Credit will not be given for any unused airline tickets and cannot be used toward any future purchases. Change fees are not an option.
The price for one-way and roundtrip tickets is the same.
You cannot select flight times. The itinerary will be determined based on flight availability.
A minimum of 72 hours is required to process the reservation.
Payment must be made within three days from the receipt of the confirmation from the airline.
For amounts less than or equal $1000.00 we accept payment through the Western Union only (www.westernunion.com (http://www.westernunion.com/)) using a credit or debit card, or cash. You are responsible for paying Western Union transfer fee.
For amounts over $1000.00 we accept credit card payment only.
There is a $10.00 booking fee per reservation.
Make a reservation
Maxspa

Are you sure you're not the victim of some spyware? Western Union only? Sounds fishy to me....

There are no ads in the location you speak of. The only ad on the home page is WITHIN the "NEWS - Friday, June 9, 2006" box. This ad ALWAYS sits directly atop the most recent news posted. No other ads are programmed to appear on the home page.

I have a feeling you are a victim of some malware max.....

Tom
06-10-2006, 09:52 AM
Always type in the name of the home website yourself - NEVER click an ANY link anywhere.
WU only should be a major red flag - it does just not make sense, unless WU is co-sponsoring, but check out the real SW website.

The best way to proceed on the net is trust no one, especially if YOU don't go to them directly.

Maxspa
06-10-2006, 10:21 AM
PA,
Thank you for being patient with this situation! How this banner got on my computer via your website is a red flag for sure! I have spyware protection but obviously this ad is able to get on the screen without being picked up by the software.
A rule of thumb is when the price of an item is too good to be true, it probably is a phony offer.
Sorry if I caused you any grief!
Maxspa

PaceAdvantage
06-11-2006, 06:52 PM
No grief here...I'm just curious about the origin of the ad, and if the only place you see it is on this website.

Let me know what you find out....