PDA

View Full Version : Horse Search Query

Seabiscuit@AR
06-09-2006, 03:17 AM
Is there any free horse search function available for American horse racing? If not, is there anyone with a database willing to sell time on their database to do a horse search query? The database would need to cover the whole of America (or close enough to it so you don't miss any runs).

Information needed once you type in the name of the horse would be:
1. Date of race
2. Track
3. Finish position of horse
4. Odds of horse

In other countries you have websites like the Racing Post in the UK which offer horse search functions for free. But in the USA you seem to have to pay several dollars for each horse search at BRIS or DRF. This gets a bit too expensive as I would like to look up several thousand horses. As I said I would be prepared to pay some money to access a database but not thousands of dollars

tahoesid
06-09-2006, 11:57 PM
If you have only a few horses to find it shouldn't be a problem. Plenty of people on here should be able to help with just a few

eqitec
06-10-2006, 08:43 AM
I have a database of 12000 winners, but it does not include winning odds..

Seabiscuit@AR
06-11-2006, 06:18 AM
Thanks for the replies

eqitec, if the database does not include the odds the horses started at then that is not enough info unfortunately. I do need to know the odds

tahoesid, I need to be able to search on more than just a few horses. Several thousand searches is what I am thinking of