PDA

View Full Version : wed double at the SPA

Suff
08-20-2002, 06:38 PM
I like the looks of this 7 horse "Attainable"
They have him listed as 7-2 M/L... third Fav behind the 1 and 3,,,, I don't like the One at all.... I mean J.R. and Pletcher are formidable and the horse was 4th to a top three clear field.. but still... running line un-impressive... Fractions were quick.. and beyer was pretty good for a first out fourth...I'd need to see this horse hang or make-up ground past the 1/4 pole to bet any money on him.

The 7 on the other hand... Has Dutrow,, excellent with 2YO's... and very good with first time starters,, MDclaims and Dirt... The horse is bred for speed... I like Maryland breds... Guidry in the Irons.. Great Jock.,.. Impressive meet...and the works are the kind I like to see... very good but not eye popping... With the Bailey mount and a Prado Mount sure to get Tote action... Might get 7-1 here... I like the odds...

First half the 7.... and I think I will Press a WP $50.00 on him as well... having a Good meet but I wanna get on roll here so I'll spark myself with a nice winner and a nice double here.

Race two... The Jockeys on the first four horses are a combined 1 for 96... its almost comical the Arroyo is 0-43 and Castillo is 0-27.... Well I suppose one of them has to get off "The Schnied" and this is probably the race... 5 horse,, soft field.. Gonna go with Arroyo by Default... The race I like with this horse was her first...if she runs that today... she'll be showering when the others are finishing

Spend another 50 bucks on the double today

$40 double 7-2
$5 double 7-6,5 In case I'm wrong on the schnied

Suff
08-21-2002, 04:12 PM
had the wrong half... feeling a lil jinxed of late... could use a winner.... I had the wrong half... Attainable ran well and should be heard from again... A lil late... But I love the 8 horse "Dawn of Condor" at 8-1... with 8 mins to post in the 7.... Can't bet any picks threes or else I'd key her... Lets try and make a lil back... down 1500 for the week... 20 WP on "Dawn of Condor" and $5.00 Exacta's 8-3,2... 50 bucks,,,

Suff
08-21-2002, 04:21 PM
Make that 1550

Suff
08-21-2002, 05:14 PM
Ok... Instead of taking a deep breath and sitting it out... Picked up the phone and bet $40 WP on the 4 MoonlighBeauty... Double digits with JR... good pedigree 1-1 at 7F...77 beyer at the distance...... and 1 tri box the inside 1, 2, 3,4 $104 bucks.......and...well there is no and,,, Thats it

Suff
08-21-2002, 05:27 PM
ok,,, ran second.. paid 7.30.. slight profit of 45 bucks... But I don't care if it was a 4.00 dollar profit... I needed to boost the ole confidence....loss for the day....