PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here play the harness tracks

fouroneone
06-08-2006, 03:50 PM
Just wondering how often (if at all) Everyone here in the thouroughbred world plays the harness tracks.

Which tracks do you like to play or attend?

Overlay
06-08-2006, 05:08 PM
The last time I played the harness races with any regularity was when I lived in New York City thirty years ago, with easy access to the tracks there at that time. Although I could handicap on the basis of pace and "shape" (a la Steve Chaplin), I found I could also do okay at the half-milers just by playing post position. Even if standardbreds were more readily available to me now, I think I'd still stick with thoroughbreds. You might try the PA harness racing board for members who bet both types of racing.

fouroneone
06-08-2006, 06:22 PM
oh, i dont have any specific questions or anything, i was just curious as to how often people on this board play the trotters.

If i end up at an otb at night i usually end up playing a race or two and dont handicap nearly as meticulously as i would the t-breds, sometimes the driver/trainer connections are just so strong that a couple bucks win place cant hurt........

traynor
06-09-2006, 02:01 AM
Every day, at a ratio of about three to one to the number of thoroughbred races played. The reason is strictly for profit. Harness races are like a blue chip stock; not very exciting, but a relatively steady, relatively dependable positive ROI.
Good Luck!

fouroneone
06-09-2006, 11:57 AM
and off to the harness board like i expected, too bad

My goal was to find out if flats players play harness tracks

PaceAdvantage
06-09-2006, 07:31 PM
The redirect remains on the main board, so people will see the thread in the thread list....

fouroneone
06-12-2006, 10:54 AM
thanks,

didnt know that!