PDA

View Full Version : Jason Grimsley

melman
06-08-2006, 08:04 AM
Any of you guys been reading the stories coming out of Arizona?? This goes way way beyond Barry Bonds and a few others. Among his claims are that until last year coffee pots in clubhouses were labeled "leaded" and "unleaded" indicating which one had coffee with amphetamines. Also "boatloads" of players used the same sourse as him for steroids. From reading the stories it seems he was not shy about naming names either.

Valuist
06-08-2006, 11:55 AM
I haven't been betting baseball so I've been casually watching it. When this story broke what I found most shocking was that Jason Grimsley was still in the major leagues. He's almost 40 years old and basically has accomplished very little. I guess he's been one of those relievers who comes in to face one or two batters. I thought he had been out of the game for 6-7 years.

I guess the coffee is just like gasoline.

JimG
06-08-2006, 03:36 PM
I recall Grimsley having a live arm when he first came up but had difficulty finding the strike zone. Threw hard.

Jim

Valuist
06-08-2006, 04:05 PM
So he comes right out and admits he used amphetamines and HGH. And of course afterward, the FBI gets involved. Pretty pitiful. Nice proactive work guys. What's next? Somebody might take out the Twin Towers?

OTM Al
06-08-2006, 04:31 PM
Amphetimines in baseball have been around forever. Anyone ever read Ball Four? The book is only 30 years old and chronicals things that happened even 10 years before that. Greenies anyone? This guy actually came out a few years ago and admitted he snuck into the umpires room to take one of Albert Bell's bats that had been confiscated to be tested for corking (it was). Yet he was still pitching. I can't believe the stupid things politicians are wasting our time with anymore. Got to protect those children I guess....

Valuist
06-08-2006, 04:46 PM
Ball Four was a great book. So was the Bronx Zoo. Two of the best baseball books ever written.

I guess I stand corrected that Grimsley was coerced into coming clean by the FBI, but like Al said, don't they have more important things to focus on?

Overlay
06-08-2006, 05:14 PM
Would he be any relation to former Cincinnati Reds pitcher Ross Grimsley?

Valuist
06-08-2006, 05:22 PM
I think its his son, although not 100% on that.

kenwoodallpromos
06-08-2006, 09:47 PM
He's taking some of the heat off jockeys and horses for drug use!
I say keep him out of the Hall of Fame!

sq764
06-10-2006, 03:59 PM
He's taking some of the heat off jockeys and horses for drug use!
I say keep him out of the Hall of Fame!
The real question is how long before he shows up 'missing', a la Jimmy Hoffa

kenwoodallpromos
06-10-2006, 06:04 PM
Bye Bye Pujos!!!

Valuist
06-27-2006, 05:58 PM
One rumor going around revolves around one power hitting SS in the AL who may be named by Grimsley.

Bubbles
10-01-2006, 01:37 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AqO5BQeaiAJkxc6lDxZ_hDg5nYcB?slug=ap-drugs-grimsley-othernames&prov=ap&type=lgns

So he named names. Interesting. Only one I'm shocked to see is Pettitte, came right out of left field.

JustRalph
10-01-2006, 01:58 AM
years from now..........when they start dropping from strange tumors and such .........we will know who used the really bad stuff, and who didn't.............

Pace Cap'n
10-01-2006, 07:47 AM
Bye Bye Pujos!!!

And you saw that reference where?

Valuist
10-01-2006, 08:47 AM
When the talk of pitchers using steroids came up, the first name that always came to mind was Clemens. I'd be surprised if he DIDNT use them.

KingChas
10-01-2006, 09:19 AM
I guess old Roger will definately retire now! ;)

sq764
10-01-2006, 11:20 AM
When the talk of pitchers using steroids came up, the first name that always came to mind was Clemens. I'd be surprised if he DIDNT use them.
I don't think there is any question on Clemens.. He is the pitching equivalent of Bonds. His head and neck are massive.. And the little 'vacation' he had to begin this year was not a shocker..

kenwoodallpromos
10-01-2006, 01:42 PM
Grimsley was later released by the Arizona Diamondbacks and suspended 50 games by Major League Baseball.
And they already screwed Bonds out of a ceremony for the Lefty and NL HR title?
Pujos has that steroid/HGH humpback!