PDA

View Full Version : Brohamer figs

sealord
06-07-2006, 09:05 PM
As a recreational 'capper, I'm not interested in buying expensive software which may or may not be used enough. And as a fan of Modern Pace Handicapping, I've hand computed enough pace numbers to turn me blue, even after having some success using those figs. Does anyone know of a program which I could use to enter fractions and beaten lengths to derive Brohamer/Sartin-esque pace figs. I figure a simple data entry style spreadsheet would suffice, but I'm not versed on how to build one. Thanks in advance.
-Jeff

Tom
06-07-2006, 09:20 PM
Trackmaster offers Modern Pace Handicapping - the program.

bigmack
06-08-2006, 01:00 AM
I've hand computed enough pace numbers to turn me blue,
You were lucky to get away with blue. From recollection I believe I turned chartreuse. Pace numbers are vibrant.

Dick Schmidt
06-08-2006, 01:49 AM
If you want the basic, hand entered one at a time paceline program, the original Phase III that Doc sold and Tom used to develop his numbers, I'll send you a copy. Send me an e-mail and I'll attach it.

Dick

Here I am! What are your other two wishes?

traynor
06-09-2006, 10:57 AM
Suggestion: If you are only looking for pace numbers, the calculations are simple, and can be put into a handheld (like TI-83, 84) easily. You don't get "automatic pace line selection" or "automatic daily track variant adjustments" or "automatic distance adjustments," but if you understand pace figures, those are easily added. If you start with a basic number cruncher, and add your own bells and whistles as you want or need them, it will do a lot more for your handicapping than endless hours fiddling with "automated" desktop apps.
Good Luck!