PDA

View Full Version : 08 PRES: YOUR SELECTION

bigmack
06-06-2006, 04:49 AM
08 PRES TO BE SWORN IN OFFICE: YOUR CHOICE...

Live or dead.

Name and 2-3 line max reason why...(no rants please)

Mike at A+
06-06-2006, 08:16 AM
08 is VERY complicated. Hillary's a shoe in for the Dem nomination. But she's hated by enough people to prevent her from winning. The Republicans need to nominate someone who is less hated than Hillary. If Giuliani, his personal life will be dragged through the mud. If McCain, much of his own party won't support him. Rice isn't going to run. Colin Powell would win easily but he isn't interested.

My guess (and it IS a guess): Newt Gingrich

LutherCalvin
06-06-2006, 09:07 AM
Senator George Allen of Virginia would make a fine president. We need a common sense conservative like Ronald Reagan in the White House again.

Tom
06-06-2006, 10:15 AM
Someone not on the radar yet. Someone who will come along and sneak through, like Clinton did.
Everyone already on the short list is currently being targeted for the dirtiest, lowest campaign ever. The mud is being watered down as we speak.
Sadly, most of it will prove to be true.

andicap
06-06-2006, 12:21 PM
NOT Hillary. She's a loser and too much of a symbol as well as a panderer.
Dems need someone lower key from the South or Midwest who won't get all the churches in a lather.
Too soon to tell, but i'm looking at Gov. Mark Warner of Va.
He's moderate, can carry Va., Fla, Ark., and perhaps N.C.
Way too early tho and don't know enough about him yet.
(Tom, you might like him -- I think he's a bit more fiscally conservative, not anti-gun, pro capital punishment I think and on the libertarian side socially. He got elected governor in Va., how crazy liberal can he be?)

I also like Wesley Clark, but has no shot.

shanta
06-06-2006, 01:10 PM
Rudy Giuliani all the way for me.

Unfortunately I think he is way too "liberal" for his party and won't be the nominee.

Who do I think will be the next president? Hillary Clinton wins the election in 2008 and we have out first female President.

Richie

bigmack
06-06-2006, 01:56 PM
How does Hill Clinton roll in without support from the South?

kenwoodallpromos
06-06-2006, 02:29 PM
Or bring back Perot! :cool:

Mike at A+
06-06-2006, 02:36 PM
How about an Al Sharpton/Tawana Brawley ticket?

betchatoo
06-06-2006, 02:38 PM
Since we were given the option of alive or dead, I'd bring back Adlai Stevenson. He was brilliant, a marvelous speaker and statesman and impeccably honest.

JustRalph
06-06-2006, 02:39 PM
Since we were given the option of alive or dead, I'd bring back Adlai Stevenson. He was brilliant, a marvelous speaker and statesman and impeccably honest.

Yeah and He was great on M:A:S:H

bigmack
06-06-2006, 03:20 PM
How about an Al Sharpton/Tawana Brawley ticket?
Now that's cold.

Let's not forget about the first ladies
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-TnGrTWy14&search=dana%20carvey%20

skate
06-06-2006, 05:32 PM
ok babe;

anyones guess

but you have to be sceptical bout anybody who'd want the job

any serious person (like myself) thats well oofff enough, why would she even consider that job?

kenwoodallpromos
06-06-2006, 06:12 PM
How about Congressman Davy Crockett!

bigmack
06-06-2006, 06:29 PM
How about Congressman Davy Crockett!
Yes indeed. How bout D Crockett - There's very little dirt on him
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davy_Crockett

There's gotta be some great slogans that work well with Crockett

And we'll get Fess Parket to supply complimentary wine at every campaign stop
http://www.fessparker.com/fess_parker.htm

Jake
06-06-2006, 07:57 PM
NOT Hillary. She's a loser and too much of a symbol as well as a panderer.
Dems need someone lower key from the South or Midwest who won't get all the churches in a lather.
Too soon to tell, but i'm looking at Gov. Mark Warner of Va.
He's moderate, can carry Va., Fla, Ark., and perhaps N.C.
Way too early tho and don't know enough about him yet.
(Tom, you might like him -- I think he's a bit more fiscally conservative, not anti-gun, pro capital punishment I think and on the libertarian side socially. He got elected governor in Va., how crazy liberal can he be?)

I also like Wesley Clark, but has no shot.

A Southern Governor makes perfect sense. Good call with Warner. Democrats detest Bush so much that they will actually try to nominate someone that can win this time. It won't be Hillary, much to Republican chargin.

Secretariat
06-06-2006, 09:21 PM
More concerned about 06 Senate and House races. A lot can happen by 2008. I seriously doubt that Hilary Clinton gets the Dem nomination, maybe the Republican nomination. Front runners are Warner, and Clark. Others in the ring - Bayh - no way, Biden - no way, Richardson - no way. Kerry or Gore possibilties. Still might be someone not even yet on the radar yet. As to Repubs - I figure Giulani or McCain. I'm really hoping for Cheney though.

bigmack
06-06-2006, 10:17 PM
H Clinton will never get the nom. If all is forgiven about that plagiarism thing (which cost him the race in 92) Joey B gets the nod.

The victor is not a career politician - he slants left which will help 'bind the divide'
Unsure of his health or marital situation but the guy that's best suited for the next 4 is:

Mike at A+
06-06-2006, 10:28 PM
Of course Hillary gets the nomination. She's 1 to 9. She wins by open lengths. In the words of Dick Morris, this isn't a nomination, it's a coronation.

Mike at A+
06-06-2006, 10:32 PM
Anyone catch RFK Jr. intervied by Neil Cavuto today? What a wuss. Sounded like he was about to start crying over the '04 election saying Bush "stole" Ohio. Then Cavuto told him about Mayor Daly and how dead people voted for his uncle in 1960.

bigmack
06-06-2006, 10:39 PM
Dick Morris is giant within the industry. His political insight is fully state of the art. I read his column with regularity - He's on my top 20 of people to have lunch with - But on H Clinton he's mistaken.

I don't oftentimes make big broad statements of the future but she will not get the nom.

Billy in for 8 years and the public votes to go through that jumbleiah again?

Ain't no way.

Ponyplayr
06-06-2006, 10:53 PM
H Clinton will never get the nom. If all is forgiven about that plagiarism thing (which cost him the race in 92) Joey B gets the nod.

The victor is not a career politician - he slants left which will help 'bind the divide'
Unsure of his health or marital situation but the guy that's best suited for the next 4 is:He married his cousin. Republicans will never go for that man.

bigmack
06-06-2006, 10:59 PM
Cavuto told him about Mayor Daly and how dead people voted for his uncle in 1960.
Other tactics included:

Democratic leaders bought hundreds of poll-tax certificates and gave them to poor Mexican-Americans who might not otherwise vote.
Voting machines were fixed. In one San Antonio precinct, a machine didn't record votes for Nixon.
People voted illegally. One young girl said her father was sick and voted for him.
In Republican districts, officials strictly enforced rules about how ballots must be marked, voiding many of them. In nearby Democratic districts, officials were more lax.
Tabulators were guilty of what we might call "fuzzy math." In Fannin County, for example, 6,138 votes were cast when only 4,895 people were on the rolls.
In Cook County Ill.,

"Ghosting" occurred. A man who had died, and his son who had moved away, both voted in Ward 4, Precinct 31.
A doctor claimed that he was told his parents had voted, even though one was deceased and the other hadn't voted in 10 years.
More fuzzy math. In Ward 27, Precinct 27, 397 votes were recorded from 376 voters.
Interpreters who accompanied Spanish-speaking voters instructed them, "Vote straight Democratic, that's all."
A precinct captain in Ward 4, Precinct 47 voted twice.
After someone left a voting booth without voting, an election judge entered the booth and pulled the lever for the Democratic ticket.
In Ward 5, Precinct 22, a voter stuffed six ballots in the ballot box.
In later years, journalists such as Seymour Hersh and Anthony Summers would also claim that mobster Sam Giancana and his syndicate played a role.

bigmack
06-06-2006, 11:02 PM
He married his cousin. Republicans will never go for that man.
It was his second cousin. Who hasen't done that.

Tom
06-06-2006, 11:23 PM
More concerned about 06 Senate and House races. A lot can happen by 2008. I seriously doubt that Hilary Clinton gets the Dem nomination, maybe the Republican nomination. Front runners are Warner, and Clark. Others in the ring - Bayh - no way, Biden - no way, Richardson - no way. Kerry or Gore possibilties. Still might be someone not even yet on the radar yet. As to Repubs - I figure Giulani or McCain. I'm really hoping for Cheney though.

Me too. I'd love to see him shoot his opponent!

"Go faux yourself......BAM!" And don't mean Emeril! :lol:

Ponyplayr
06-06-2006, 11:39 PM
It was his second cousin. Who hasen't done that.
:D You might be a redneck if...

bigmack
06-07-2006, 12:06 AM
:D You might be a redneck if...
Second cousins, third cousins, first cousins once removed, and any other cousins except first cousins can marry in all 50 states and every country in the world. The Roman Catholic Church, which has had much more experience with people than the Unites States (It has more people and has been around longer) lets first cousins marry. So, most of the world has no objections.

bigmack
06-07-2006, 12:54 AM
Of course Hillary gets the nomination. She's 1 to 9. She wins by open lengths. In the words of Dick Morris, this isn't a nomination, it's a coronation.
http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/64029.htm

dccprez
06-07-2006, 04:34 PM
I think Hil is currently a lock for the Dem nom in 08'.
So there she is, at the convention, accepting her role as the Deomcractic messiah. Now it's time to intoduce her running mate and finalize the 08' ticket. Out from behind the curtain walks "Our next Vice President"...Husband-and-Intern-Fondler, former president WILLIAM JEFFERSON CLINTON!!!

I was sweating just writing that....

Ok, anyway, for "real":

Alive - maybe Mitt Romney of MA (always liked him - he ran against Ted Kennedy quite a long time ago and put up a damn good fight).

Dead - slam dunk, Abraham Lincoln

bigmack
06-07-2006, 04:48 PM
Dead - slam dunk, Abraham Lincoln
Slam dunk and then some.

Tom
06-07-2006, 05:04 PM
Oh, if we can bring back dead president, then hands down, Harry S Truman - them man who knows how to fight a war!
Sic 'em Harry!

Put Harry in the oval, and watch the middle east start sweating!

JustRalph
06-07-2006, 05:53 PM
Oh, if we can bring back dead president, then hands down, Harry S Truman - them man who knows how to fight a war!
Sic 'em Harry!

Put Harry in the oval, and watch the middle east start sweating!

We don't have to go back that far.........Ron Reagan........any day, any problem.

46zilzal
06-07-2006, 06:13 PM
We don't have to go back that far.........Ron Reagan........any day, any problem.
little Ronnie who had Alzheimer's long before it was diagnosed.

bigmack
06-07-2006, 06:20 PM
Nice 46z. As one who's lost both parents to this dreadful disease it's refreshing to know that some still make light of it.

JustRalph
06-07-2006, 07:47 PM

Yep, and even with that condition coming on he outsmarted the Dems and the Evil Empire. I see his biggest rival Tip O'neil just got the largest public waste in the world named after him. They used to call it the big dig.

I find that hilarious..........

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=142292

Tom
06-07-2006, 08:12 PM
Nice 46z. As one who's lost both parents to this dreadful disease it's refreshing to know that some still make light of it.

And he calls himself a doctor?
Regan accomplished with half his brain what the last 3 demos presidents did combined!

Steve 'StatMan'
06-07-2006, 08:24 PM
My '08 Nominees

Democratic Nominee: Suff
Republican Nominee: LsBets
Independents: Tom

Sure hope our friends work together, nicer, than the regular politicans.

46zilzal
06-07-2006, 08:26 PM
not making light of anything, just noting fact. A major part of my practice is working with the elderly.

bigmack
06-07-2006, 09:45 PM
not making light of anything, just noting fact. A major part of my practice is working with the elderly.
Perhaps we could start a new thread debating whether R2 had signs of early Alz in his presidency. Then we could have opionions about more nonsense that means absolutely nothing.

46zilzal
06-07-2006, 09:53 PM
Perhaps we could start a new thread debating whether R2 had signs of early Alz in his presidency. Then we could have opionions about more nonsense that means absolutely nothing.
no R2D2 did not have any signs of dementia

Tom
06-08-2006, 12:01 AM
:lol::lol::lol:

Lefty
06-08-2006, 12:07 AM
A Southern Governor makes perfect sense. Good call with Warner. Democrats detest Bush so much that they will actually try to nominate someone that can win this time. It won't be Hillary, much to Republican chargin.
Dem bosses don't get to nominate anyone; the voters do, and Dem voters and the press just love Hollary cause she manages, like her husband, to position herself on both sides of any issue. Look for her to be the nominee.

Lefty
06-08-2006, 12:12 AM
And you got this fact from? Maybe you don't know fact from slander or libel.

Lefty
06-08-2006, 12:15 AM
I'd like to see Newt, but afraid the lying ass mainstream press has demonized him far beyond repair, but this country needs him.
Or if we had the DNA to clone Reagan...

skate
06-09-2006, 03:21 PM
Bill Benett would be my man.

but he's got tooo much sense, so i say give it to Uncle Hillary.

ljb
06-09-2006, 04:59 PM
I'd like to see Newt, but afraid the lying ass mainstream press has demonized him far beyond repair, but this country needs him.
Or if we had the DNA to clone Reagan...
Newt,
has already shot his wad, it was a dud. You know the right wing whackos are against cloning. In this case it is a good thing.

andicap
06-11-2006, 04:01 PM
Dead president pick: Teddy Roosevelt. "Speak softly and carry a big stick."
Can you imagine how they would use that drive up San Juan Hill in today's TV advertising? He'd carry every state.

Guiliani problems.
1. Pro-choice -- never win the GOP nod.
2. Adulterer -- Cheated on his wife Donna Hanover while he was mayor.
(yes, i know so was Clinton, but two wrongs don't make a right.)
3. He's a very mean-spirited person. I don't agree with McCain on a lot of stuff but he works well with the other side at least and acknowledges there are two sides to every story. Rudy is arrogant, self-centered, and petulant.

46zilzal
06-11-2006, 04:26 PM
[QUOTE=andicap]Dead president pick: Teddy Roosevelt. "Speak softly and carry a big stick."
Can you imagine how they would use that drive up San Juan Hill in today's TV advertising? He'd carry every state.
[QUOTE]

while there is a lot to admire with T.R. that bravado would not work today

lsbets
06-11-2006, 04:36 PM
Dead president pick: Teddy Roosevelt. "Speak softly and carry a big stick."

Guiliani problems.
1. Pro-choice -- never win the GOP nod.
2. Adulterer -- Cheated on his wife Donna Hanover while he was mayor.
(yes, i know so was Clinton, but two wrongs don't make a right.)
3. He's a very mean-spirited person. I don't agree with McCain on a lot of stuff but he works well with the other side at least and acknowledges there are two sides to every story. Rudy is arrogant, self-centered, and petulant.

Rudy is such a larger than life figure I don't think the pro choice position would make him an automatic toss. I also don't think the affair would either. What I think makes Rudy an automatic toss is your third point, but the example I would use is how he told his wife he was leaving her - in a press conference. Rudy was tanking in terms of favorability after that, and it wouldn't be hard for his opponents in both parties to say "Look at what a dick this guy is." That is what will hurt him most.

Tom
06-11-2006, 06:20 PM

That is why I hate McCain and would love Teddy!
arrogant, self-centered, petulant - isn't that what a good republican is? :D

46 - that kind of bravado is just what we need some days. Call a spade a spade and git-r-done! Too much pussyfootin' is what gets us in trouble.

betchatoo
06-12-2006, 07:03 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing someone like D.D.E. in the leadership role. Centrist enough that both parties tried to get him to be their candidate, he inspired confidence and well being following two major conflicts.

We could use a healer in office. No matter which side (or sides, since though we usually only recognize the two major parties, this country is really a polygon) you fault, we are as deeply divided as a nation as we have been at any point during my lifetime (and that's a long time). We had a chance. We came together following 911 but very quickly went separate ways again. Everyone I know is proud to be an American and loves this country. It would be nice to have a leader that made us all feel good about ourselves and our government again.