PDA

View Full Version : A cool new toy...

Dave Schwartz
06-05-2006, 10:44 PM
http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages/bug_zapper.html

I saw a hand-held bug zapper the other day in a store and bought it for $10. (The one I linked to is a different brand but same idea.)

Let me just say this... if you don't have one of these just go get one.

Essentially, you hold 2 buttons down on the grip to activate it, locate the particular bug who has earned your ire and gently move the tennis-racket-like device into contact with the little devil.

SNAP! That fast he is toast! (Almost literally.)

It is an absolute must-have at barbeques for those pesky wasps. (I already have a reputation down at the Reno chapter of the wasps union that says, "Better not mess with Mr. Schwartz's place.")

Unfortunately, the larger insects (like wasps) don't SNAP loudly like the little ones do. They generally just do a nice spiral as they crash to the ground.

Anyway, for $10 it is a great product. (Where is Ron Popeil on this one?)

Dave

chickenhead
06-05-2006, 11:06 PM
I generally will end up zapping people with something like this if I have it, sonner or later it WILL happen, I can't resist.

If I zapped my girlfriend, is this a "ha-hah very funny" kind of zap, or a "I'm sleeping-on-the-couch-tonight" kind of zap? I don't need this if it's gonna get me in too much trouble.

StartedAt18
06-05-2006, 11:15 PM
Wow.. I ain't never heard of those darn things. I just looked them up on ebay and they got about 100 of those things. One of them says "3000 Volt Fly Bug Swatter Zapper" you could disintergrate bugs with that much voltage lol.

NoDayJob
06-06-2006, 01:00 AM

I saw a hand-held bug zapper the other day in a store and bought it for $10. (The one I linked to is a different brand but same idea.)

Let me just say this... if you don't have one of these just go get one.

Dave

:lol: My BugVac tops your Bug Zapper. No floor messes either. :lol:

Tom
06-06-2006, 01:24 AM
I generally will end up zapping people with something like this if I have it, sonner or later it WILL happen, I can't resist.

If I zapped my girlfriend, is this a "ha-hah very funny" kind of zap, or a "I'm sleeping-on-the-couch-tonight" kind of zap? I don't need this if it's gonna get me in too much trouble.

That was the FIRST thing that I thought of......:eek:

bigmack
06-06-2006, 01:32 AM
D Schwartz - If I could be a mouse in the corner of one of your BarBQue's I'd crack up watching you swat those varmits in the air. This is wonderful.

As we have no bugs here I bought 3 for my brother in Northern Minnesota. Last time I visited I would have cashed a bond for one of these. Where were you a year ago?

Dan Montilion
06-06-2006, 03:49 AM
Old News... Jockeys have been using these things for years.

JustRalph
06-06-2006, 08:18 AM
Brother in law had one in Houston during visit last week. Works pretty well.......

Dave Schwartz
06-06-2006, 10:03 AM
Old News... Jockeys have been using these things for years.

LOL - I can always count on you...

Dave

Steve 'StatMan'
06-06-2006, 10:54 AM
The 'Electric Racquet Ball Racquet'.

spilparc
06-06-2006, 11:41 AM

Anyway, for $10 it is a great product. (Where is Ron Popeil on this one?)

Dave

I'm going to Mississippi soon. The land of the Volkswagen sized mosquitos, so I went to the web site to check this out.

Why is it the shipping costs for these kinds of items are almost as much as the product itself ($7). Then, if you click on one of the "free" gifts the shipping cost goes to up $17! And that's just for stanard shipping. Some free gift.

There is an "As Seen on TV" store in one of the malls here. Maybe they'll have one there.

Dave Schwartz
06-06-2006, 12:04 PM
I actually bought it while clothes shopping with my wife at Steinmart. (I gather marriage points wherever I can.)

My wife went back and purchased 3 more for our kids.

Dave