PDA

View Full Version : 6-6-6 Selections

Mike at A+
06-05-2006, 05:45 PM
All A+ RBR's (Recommended Bet Reports) for tomorrow (June 6th) are FREE. Go to home page http://users.rcn.com/aplus/indext.htm and click on the link at the left that says "TUESDAY'S RBRs". Unless of course you are superstitious and won't be betting :eek:

Good luck to all.

Mike

traynor
06-06-2006, 07:15 AM
Spiffy. Unfortunately, the "day old" files have already been updated to "today's" output. That may just be an error, but it seems a bit early (6 AM EST) to call today "yesterday." Also, you may want to check some of your links; the links to screenshots appear to be broken.
Good Luck!

Mike at A+
06-06-2006, 07:51 AM
Spiffy. Unfortunately, the "day old" files have already been updated to "today's" output. That may just be an error, but it seems a bit early (6 AM EST) to call today "yesterday." Also, you may want to check some of your links; the links to screenshots appear to be broken.
Good Luck!

Since today's reports are free, both the "buy" link and the "day old" link will point to the index of today's files.

The "screen shot" links are not broken. I just accesses them on several computers.

I did however find that the best bet and value play links still show yesterday's selections and I will change them ASAP. Thanks for the heads up.

traynor
06-06-2006, 09:11 AM
<Since today's reports are free, both the "buy" link and the "day old" link will point to the index of today's files.>

I'm not sure if that is the explanation. Because today's reports are free, the "day old" link points to today's files?

I am missing something here. What I wanted was to look at the reports of yesterday's races, to see how things went, before considering whether the files for today are significant. Reports of results for last month would be even more interesting.

Do you have results for your graded selections broken down by track? I am especially interested in the winter meet at Aqueduct, and Hollywood Park/Santa Anita. Is it possible to get records of how things went there?
Good Luck!

Mike at A+
06-06-2006, 09:22 AM
<Since today's reports are free, both the "buy" link and the "day old" link will point to the index of today's files.>

I'm not sure if that is the explanation. Because today's reports are free, the "day old" link points to today's files?

I am missing something here. What I wanted was to look at the reports of yesterday's races, to see how things went, before considering whether the files for today are significant. Reports of results for last month would be even more interesting.

Do you have results for your graded selections broken down by track? I am especially interested in the winter meet at Aqueduct, and Hollywood Park/Santa Anita. Is it possible to get records of how things went there?
Good Luck!

Tracker does that but due to web space limitations, I am unable to put more out there than what currently exists. In the center of the home page, several Tracker reports can be viewed (quarterly 2005 through first quarter 2006 for all tracks combined) as well as full year 2005 by region. If you email me the exact date ranges and tracks you'd like to see, I can send you more specific reports. I'd need an email address that would accept attachments. Specify the file type you'd like (HTML, Spreadsheet or Plain Text).

traynor
06-06-2006, 10:18 AM
Well, that certainly is a lot of data. I was trying to find something like Win% of top selection, ROI on top selection, and similarly simple figures, but all the data seems to be extracted by odds. Am I missing something?

I am somewhat hesitant to accept "all track" figures because of the really screwy mutuels that occur at small tracks in places like Nebraska and tend to skew the results.
Good Luck!

traynor
06-06-2006, 10:25 AM
Mike,
I noticed that there is a straight "win strategy" of "top choice" for Route/Turf/Stakes (which shows a postive ROI) but not for Route/Dirt/Claiming. The latter jumps straight to the odds filter. Is all the data displayed filtered to only display positive results, or am I again missing something?
Good Luck!

Mike at A+
06-06-2006, 11:07 AM
Mike,
I noticed that there is a straight "win strategy" of "top choice" for Route/Turf/Stakes (which shows a postive ROI) but not for Route/Dirt/Claiming. The latter jumps straight to the odds filter. Is all the data displayed filtered to only display positive results, or am I again missing something?
Good Luck!

An option of Tracker is to allow the display of +ROI strategies as well as all strategies. Since we track 173 different betting strategies broken down by 24 combinations of Surface/Distance/Class plus the Total of all 24, reports showing all strategies can be quite large to put on the web (173x25 = 4,325 lines of output). By filtering out the strategies that lost money, it makes it much easier to place historically profitable bets or just skip a race when warraanted. The full reports, when saved as HTML will show profitable strategies in blue and losing ones in red making it easier to read but still 4,325 lines long.

traynor
06-06-2006, 12:52 PM
Understood. However, because most of the readouts are highly specialized, it might be more useful to have a narrower focus on the specific data that most would consider the most important--like win% and ROI of top three choices in each of the categories. Red or blue doesn't really matter; it is often more profitable to know what is NOT winning than it is to know what is winning.

At a LOT of tracks, top choices tend to be non-profit. That has nothing whatsoever to do with your application. However, the second and sometimes third choices offer a lot of value, and that is the kind of useful data that can be used for decision-making.
Good Luck!

Mike at A+
06-06-2006, 01:01 PM
Understood. However, because most of the readouts are highly specialized, it might be more useful to have a narrower focus on the specific data that most would consider the most important--like win% and ROI of top three choices in each of the categories. Red or blue doesn't really matter; it is often more profitable to know what is NOT winning than it is to know what is winning.

At a LOT of tracks, top choices tend to be non-profit. That has nothing whatsoever to do with your application. However, the second and sometimes third choices offer a lot of value, and that is the kind of useful data that can be used for decision-making.
Good Luck!

And all that information IS there on the full report. But as I've said, the reports are huge if you include all th elosing strategies as well as the winning. The purpose of Tracker is to steer people toward good bets and AWAY from the ones that are historically losing propositions. If you want to see a full report, specify the particulars and I'll run it for you.

traynor
06-07-2006, 05:13 AM
Mike,
First, Second, Third selections, Win% and ROI, Dirt Sprints, Dirt Routes, Turf Sprints, Turf Routes. Not necessary to layer any more finely than that.
Thanks!

Mike at A+
06-07-2006, 09:05 AM
Mike,
First, Second, Third selections, Win% and ROI, Dirt Sprints, Dirt Routes, Turf Sprints, Turf Routes. Not necessary to layer any more finely than that.
Thanks!

Tracker has the ability to run any combination of Win, Place, Show, Exacta, Trifecta and Superfecta wagers. It doesn't have the ability to only report on First Selection, Second and Third ONLY. If you choose "Win", you get ALL Win strategies although the ones you seem to be interested in will surely be among the whole display.

Which tracks do you want to see and which date range? If you go to http://users.rcn.com/aplus/2shots.htm and look at the second screen (the criteria screen), you will see all the information you need to provide to run a Tracker report. I just ran Saratoga/2005/Dirt/Sprint/WinBets/AllStrats and got the following:

c:\beta20\reports\sar05dsw.jpg

Mike at A+
06-07-2006, 09:07 AM
OK why didn't my image file upload?

traynor
06-07-2006, 10:44 AM
No se. I am most interested in the winter meet at Aqueduct, entire meets at Arlington, and Oaktree at Santa Anita.
Thanks!

Mike at A+
06-07-2006, 11:26 AM
No se. I am most interested in the winter meet at Aqueduct, entire meets at Arlington, and Oaktree at Santa Anita.
Thanks!

Traynor, you have to give me date ranges. Tracker files are assembled by calendar year (i.e. AQU2005, AQU2006 etc.). If you want AQU for say 20050930 to 20060531 I can do that easily. But I have no idea when the winter meet at AQU started and ended without Googling it or going to some racing website where they have it posted. Same for Oaktree. There is no Tracker Oaktree file. Just SA2005 for which you'd have to give me a date range. Also, I'd need an email address of yours that accepts attachments. And I'm assuming you only want to see Win bet strategies (both losing ones and winning ones).

traynor
06-07-2006, 02:36 PM
Mike,
I noticed references to "vendor data." I am assuming that your software is set up to use TSN, BRIS, or whatever data downloads? Do you have a list somewhere of which vendors data your software is compatible with?
Thanks

Mike at A+
06-07-2006, 02:59 PM
Mike,
I noticed references to "vendor data." I am assuming that your software is set up to use TSN, BRIS, or whatever data downloads? Do you have a list somewhere of which vendors data your software is compatible with?
Thanks

BRIS Single File (.drf)
TSN Procaps File (.pcs)
Trackmaster Type C File (.exe)