PDA

View Full Version : Real time odds

Milfredo
06-08-2001, 11:18 PM
Hi all,
I too am thankfull for this site. It houses the most informed and thoughtfull people involved in handicapping I've come across in the last 13 years.

I thought I read in a thread the the hsh program reads real time odds from the net and updates in real time allowing, depending on handicapping approach, the user to see overlays based on their selected factors. Is this correct? And as a second thought, can someone lead me to a place on the net that I could possibly access real time odds and import into a program I have written for myself.

As a hobbyist programmer, I like to fiddle around with horseracing. As I posted before, I'm to the point of breaking even with my little program and believe that with the aide of imported real time odds, could make the leap to profitability.

I want to reiterate, I'm not trying to sell any software now nor do I plan to in the future. Just having a great time programming, wagering and learning alot from all of the racing officianados located here.

Thanks for any help someone may be able to offer.

Milford

Dick Schmidt
06-09-2001, 02:06 AM
HSH does indeed import live odds. At the moment, the import is from BRIS and is manual, but it will be automated "real soon now." The manual import takes just a few seconds. I think it is just a simple cut and paste operation, but I'm sure there is much more behind the scenes. Good luck with your project.

Dick

PaceAdvantage
06-09-2001, 03:59 AM
Milfredo,

First off, thanks for the compliment!!

Secondly, I do have automatic real time odds updates in my own personal software. I pull the odds from racingchannel.com into my software. I find that racingchannel.com has the most up-to-date and timely odds updates of any online tote board. Their odds board goes from POST TIME, to OFF in about 5 seconds after the gates open.

It's actually quite easy to pull the odds into a software program, especially if you are using Visual Basic. If you have any questions, let me know...

==PA

billk
06-10-2001, 12:33 AM
any info you can let me know about how to have R/C
import into a spread sheet I would surley appreciate