PDA

View Full Version : The Only Out You Need?

Jeff P
06-03-2006, 02:42 PM
A while back Pinnacle put a little box on their site that proclaims themselves as the "Only Out You Need." My initial reaction was a chuckle because the timing of when they added this seemed to indicate that they were reacting to some of the posts on this board talking about Pinnacle's practice of closing races early for "risk mgt purposes" and recommending that players should always have other outs. Today I wanted to play the early double at Lone Star. For whatever reason Pinnacle didn't offer the early double there. So I played it elsewhere. Earlier this week I wanted to play some pick threes at Philly Park. Guess what? Even though it was on the Philly Park wagering menu Pinnacle didn't offer pick-threes there that day. So I played (and cashed) elsewhere. I've noticed something strange they've been doing to me lately at Woodbine. They've been closing races early whenever I try to play pick-threes, but accept straight bets right up until post time. In all cases I've been able to play my pick three elsewhere. Overall, I'd recommend using Pinnacle to anyone but make sure you have at least one other out. Their games in the name of risk management can be annoying.

-jp

cj
06-03-2006, 02:45 PM
They haven't carried P3s at Pha for a long time.

I've noticed they shut TDN/RD 3 to 4 minutes early almost every single race, even the straight pools. I've asked repeatedly to at least make this obvious on the wager screen so I don't waste my time putting bets in at 3 mtp only to be shut out. They say it is coming eventually...

Tom
06-03-2006, 04:45 PM
Must be some pretty high tech stuff....needs a lot of work to tell you CLOSED!
:lol::lol::lol: