PDA

View Full Version : Lost's chances today?

46zilzal
06-03-2006, 01:21 PM
what is the consensus on Lost In the Fog today?????

Tom
06-03-2006, 01:44 PM
I do not like top horses who lose two in a row.
I suspect LITF will not be the same horse this year he was. He might win today, but not with my money on him. I think the ride is over.

But, hey, that's why they have betting on it!:cool:

kenwoodallpromos
06-03-2006, 02:20 PM
I say 2-1 on LITF, 5-2 on Kelly's Landing, 5-1 on Level Playing Field in that order of finish.

lsbets
06-03-2006, 02:47 PM
I'm not touching the race because I am a fan of LITF and that normally leads to horrible betting decisions. But, as a fan, I am concerned that the horse could have developed confidence issues after two losses in a row, and if there is a struggle for the lead, which I think there will be, he could end up quitting before the wire. If he loses today I think they need to take a step back with the horse and rebuild his confidence.

cj
06-03-2006, 02:57 PM
I'd say he is about 92% to win today.

the little guy
06-03-2006, 03:01 PM
I agree with CJ. I think he's basically a cinch.

I'm not a huge fan of his but today's race comes up VERY light and without a lot of speed.

cj
06-03-2006, 05:59 PM
$3.00 overlay :)

Tom
06-03-2006, 06:13 PM
What did I tell you guys - you can't stop this freight train! :rolleyes:

freehouse2002
06-03-2006, 06:38 PM
Why can't people just give him some credit. It's not like this guy has to take his track with him. At last count, he has run and won at 9 different tracks. Sure, today's race came up light, but most stakes nowadays seem to come up light. I would understand the criticism if all they did was win 11 of 13 up in the Bay Area, but they aren't afraid to take this guy on the road. Whether or not others show up is not the fault of the horse. I know, I know, he lost the BC, but how many horses can say that they won 8 of 9 in a year while traveling cross country multiple times? Actually, how many horses even race 9 times in a year? I don't know, but arround the boards, this guy is very underappreciated IMO.

freehouse2002

JustRalph
06-03-2006, 07:19 PM
I was considering betting against him until I saw him come out in the post parade. He looked awesome. I sat on my hands and crushed that 14-1 shot in the last race.....although I didn't think the jock was ever going to let him run.......it was all good..... :D

Ron
06-04-2006, 12:29 AM
Why can't people just give him some credit. It's not like this guy has to take his track with him. At last count, he has run and won at 9 different tracks. Sure, today's race came up light, but most stakes nowadays seem to come up light. I would understand the criticism if all they did was win 11 of 13 up in the Bay Area, but they aren't afraid to take this guy on the road. Whether or not others show up is not the fault of the horse. I know, I know, he lost the BC, but how many horses can say that they won 8 of 9 in a year while traveling cross country multiple times? Actually, how many horses even race 9 times in a year? I don't know, but arround the boards, this guy is very underappreciated IMO.

freehouse2002

I thnk by his odds, people always give him credit.

kenwoodallpromos
06-04-2006, 02:12 AM
See my post- I gave Lost In The Fog credit enough to win, Kelley's Landing enough credit to place and Level Playing Field enough credit to show! LOL!!

freehouse2002
06-04-2006, 02:19 AM
Nice call on the cold tri! I guess I've just been getting frustrated with many boards not giving this guy his due. I didn't bet the race at all, so I had no financial interest with him. I agree he's unbettable, but I just keep hearing "he's beaten nobody" over and over. I guess some can't enjoy just watching a race. Horse hasn't won 11 of 13 by accident. Horse knows where the wire is. Hopefully he just stays sound so that we can enjoy him for a while.

freehouse2002

cj
06-04-2006, 08:47 AM
He earned a 111 Beyer for his win yesterday.

Houndog
06-04-2006, 08:53 AM
$3.00 overlay :)

CJ, your right. I tried to beat him with the Kelly horse. I did not go crazy with my bets trying to beat him. You gave LITF a 92& chance of winning. If that is the case LITF is an overlay.

cj
06-04-2006, 08:57 AM
I was actually being serious. I didn't see any way that he loses short of injury or accident. I actually made a large place bet as I could tell he was going to pay enough to still qualify for a rebate at Pinnacle.

shanta
06-04-2006, 08:57 AM
I was considering betting against him until I saw him come out in the post parade. He looked awesome. I sat on my hands and crushed that 14-1 shot in the last race.....although I didn't think the jock was ever going to let him run.......it was all good..... :D

JR,

your avatar caught me off guard when it started moving around. I almost jumped off the chair here! oohhhhhhhhhhh

:lol: :lol:

Jesu Christo

Richie

Houndog
06-04-2006, 09:14 AM
Actually looking at the payoffs the LITF and Kelly exacta is not bad. Sometimes I spend to much time trying to beat the favorite game. I probably will not change ever since I played Dare and Go against Cigar in the Pacific Classic.

When you get a hit like that you think it will always be that way.

Houndog
06-04-2006, 09:28 AM
I was actually being serious. I didn't see any way that he loses short of injury or accident. I actually made a large place bet as I could tell he was going to pay enough to still qualify for a rebate at Pinnacle.

I never thought otherwise. I always consider what you say very seriously. I may handicap differently then you but I always listen. This is coming from a Sartin Methodology person.

alysheba88
06-04-2006, 09:41 AM

freehouse2002

Actually think across the boards this horse is wildly overrated. Personally have never seen such devotion to a horse in my time following the game. What I mean is the passion of his defenders (not putting you in there by the way) is stronger than I have seen for any other horse. Not necessarily saying numbers but the passion. Its a combination of downright Beatles like hysteria coupled with righteous indignation that not everyone sees the horse the same way. He has some nice wins on his resume but not "the win" if you know what I mean. Now people are trying to still take down Silver Train who beat him in the Sprint and just won the Met Mile. All of the Fog's wins dont add up to those two in my opinion.

cj
06-04-2006, 10:38 AM
Silver Train doesn't get the credit you would expect because most suspect his trainer is a cheater.

freehouse2002
06-04-2006, 06:25 PM
Actually think across the boards this horse is wildly overrated. Personally have never seen such devotion to a horse in my time following the game. What I mean is the passion of his defenders (not putting you in there by the way) is stronger than I have seen for any other horse. Not necessarily saying numbers but the passion. Its a combination of downright Beatles like hysteria coupled with righteous indignation that not everyone sees the horse the same way. He has some nice wins on his resume but not "the win" if you know what I mean. Now people are trying to still take down Silver Train who beat him in the Sprint and just won the Met Mile. All of the Fog's wins dont add up to those two in my opinion.
I like seeing this horse be successful, but I am nowhere near the supporter of him as I was Azeri.....I think you remember that, lol.

freehouse2002

GeTydOn
06-04-2006, 09:41 PM
That dude can run. And the second horse is good too.