PDA

View Full Version : Tracks Categorized by Circuit

Buzz
06-02-2006, 05:02 AM
Hi,

I am looking for a list of North American Thoroughbred Race Track Circuits and want to know all the Race Tracks in each circuit.

Anyone have a web address of a site that has a full list of Race Tracks categorized by Circuit?

I have emailed Equibase and DRF with no success.

Any help, insights, suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Buzz

Light
06-02-2006, 11:13 AM
I don't have a complete list but since I live in California,I am familiar with their circuit and I'm pretty sure its the most extensive. This is from Ca CHRB for 2006:

The revised Northern California calendar begins December 26, 2005, at Bay Meadows instead of
at Golden Gate, as has been the custom in recent years. The Bay Meadows meet runs through
February 5, moves to Golden Gate from February 8 through May 7, then returns to Bay Meadows
(May 10 through June 18).
The fair circuit begins June 14 at Stockton, through June 25, and then proceeds to Pleasanton
(June 28 through July 9), Vallejo (July 12 through July 24), Santa Rosa (July 26 through August 7), San
Mateo (August 9 through August 23), Ferndale (August 10 through August 20), and Fresno (October 4
through October 15).
Golden Gate re-opens August 24 through October 15, and then the racing year ends where it
started at Bay Meadows from October 18 through December 18.
Meanwhile, harness racing will be conducted in Northern California at Cal Expo from January 4
through July 29, and from September 22 through December 16. There is an opening for more harness
racing, or for a fair meet, in Sacramento between those two scheduled harness meets.

The Southern California calendar begins as usual at Santa Anita Park on December 26, 2005,
through April 23. The circuit moves to Hollywood Park from April 26 through July 16, then to Del Mar
(July 19 through September 6), Pomona (September 8 through September 25), back to Santa Anita for
the Oak Tree meet (September 27 through October 29), and finally to Hollywood Park for the fall meet
(November 1 through December 18).
Quarter Horse racing is scheduled for Los Alamitos from December 26, 2005, through
December 17, 2006.

Suff
06-02-2006, 11:37 AM
http://www.drf.com/entries/dates2006.html

here's the info. You'll have to compile it yourself

Suff
06-02-2006, 11:57 AM
Better yet, I found it catergorized on Wikipedia by Cicuit! (state) Same thing? no?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_horse_racing_tracks#Arizona

Buzz
06-03-2006, 07:30 AM
Thanks Light, Thanks Suff,

Thanks for taking the time to figure this one out. I googled my brains out for 3 days and couldn't find that list. I did go through Wikipedia a few times but must have been numbed out and missed it.

Thanks again,

Buzz