PDA

View Full Version : Monmouth picks for Sunday 8-18

Suff
08-18-2002, 11:28 AM
Jerry Bailey went down south to ride Include Today... he's on a couple of M/L chalk mounts as well... I looked the Middle races over and this is what I came up with..

in the 4th you have a real warrior in the 12 hole,,,"Sport D'hiver"... 83 lifetime races..10 years old... and the probable favorite... I'm off him and taking a shot with the 6 horse "Speed Gun"... Horse is stepping down considerabley.. and is shortening up.. and I think thats just what he needs to get back in the winners circle... Horse likes to win... 16 Races- 4-3-3,, gets a good post in a 12 horse field... I like 6-9-8

In the 5th... They have butter face #2 listed as 7-5 M/L fav... This is his first shot against winners.. I rarely like MDSPWT winners first out in allowance company.... took him 8 cracks to break Maiden,,, Now someone thinks he graduates this level at first asking? I think not... I like the 9.. O caroline Babe and the 8 Appealomh melody... using both in pick threes

in the 6th... Remember the bad spill in the G3 Flash at Belmont this year? the 8 horse is coming out of that... Has some nice works and should be a price... Baileys mount looks tough as does the one horse..

Going to box in Tri's and exacta.. 1-4-8 and use all three in pick threes

Race 7.. great race... I like the 8 horse Tugger 10 starts 5 wins at the distance... 111 beyer at the distance.. Pletcher/Velez team... Lots and lots of stakes experience

Race 8... I like the 9 Weep no more my lady..

PICK three's

Race 4....... $5 6/9/1,4,8
Race 4.........$2 6,9/8,9/4

Race 5 $20 pick three 9-4-8
Race 5 $5 pick three 8-4-8

Race 6 $20 pick three 4-8-9
$5 pick three 4-3-8,9