PDA

View Full Version : Haditha

RobinFromIreland
06-01-2006, 01:55 PM
This is making all the news headlines in Europe and the Middle East.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/5033648.stm

JustRalph
06-01-2006, 02:33 PM
I notice it didn't make news when it happen? I wonder why the townspeople werent' protesting and going crazy until after the News people started raving about it?

Could it be they know something we don't?

skate
06-01-2006, 02:43 PM
yes.

here we have been receiving a lot of opinions . seems like some in the USA have alloted a guilty verdict.

i doubt if i could convict anyone involved, on the info i received.
and i doubt that they would do what is being implied, ever again. that is if they did something wrong in the first place.

i think the area is more of a danger to the world safty, than would be the soldiers.

this is a reaction to anger, my opinion.

lsbets
06-01-2006, 02:53 PM
I am extremely bothered by those in Congress who have already formed a conclusion without allowing for the initial investigation to be completed, let alone any Article 32 hearings and court martials that may follow.

However, if this proves to have been a case of a killing rampage by US servicemen, than they deserve the maximum punishment after their trials. If there was a coverup, those who did so need to be punished as well. There is quite simply no excuse for conduct of that sort, and when shit like that happens, it makes things much harder for the 99.9% of us who perform our duties honorably and go out of our way to safeguard civilians on the battlefield. As we saw with Abu Grahib, there is a certain crowd, both here and abroad, that hates America and our military, that cannot wait to exploit the misdeeds of a few individuals and use them as a reflection on the larger whole.

Suff
06-01-2006, 03:04 PM
I feel for these guys. The insurgents are blowing them up anonymously with IED's. Lance Corporal Miguel Terrazas was blown up and killed. Perhaps and no doubt it was an ugly death. I'd bet they loved and respected the guy. It tore them up to see it. They reacted savagely. It is a reality of this war. This type of war.

I won't judge a guy by what he does in a combat situation if what I am supposing is correct. That's not my place. I'm sitting here in America eating pizza and betting horses.

It sounds to me, and there have been three investigations already, that they had had enough.

It comes with war.

Terrible tragedy for the dead, the Marines, and our Country.

Not much more can be said.

JustRalph
06-01-2006, 03:17 PM
I won't judge a guy by what he does in a combat situation if what I am supposing is correct. That's not my place. I'm sitting here in America eating pizza and betting horses.

Kudo's on this post Suff. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

lsbets
06-01-2006, 03:23 PM

I'll judge, after we know what happenned, but we don't know what happenned yet. If they pursued people into the houses and went in guns blazing, that's wrong, but a lot different than just going into the houses, lining people up, and executing them. If the latter happenned, you won't find much sympathy for them in the military, and especially not from the senior NCOs and officers who will sit on their juries in the court martials.

kenwoodallpromos
06-01-2006, 03:32 PM
I'm curious that it took over 1 year for the Iraqi human rights group to get it intro the US and only to the media, then why it took 2 months for Time mag to turn the info over to the military?
To me it seems like the US military investigated quickly, at least when it became public in the USA. Hard to believe some UIS military higher ups did not get word from anyone at all until then.

Suff
06-01-2006, 03:32 PM
I'll judge, after we know what happenned, but we don't know what happenned yet. If they pursued people into the houses and went in guns blazing, that's wrong, but a lot different than just going into the houses, lining people up, and executing them. If the latter happenned, you won't find much sympathy for them in the military, and especially not from the senior NCOs and officers who will sit on their juries in the court martials.

Listen. The world has rules. People gotta live by them. But I'm a joe idiot who can come down where ever I want.

imho... a guy on his third tour of Iraq who is watching his Buddies get blown up is highly likely to not be of sound mind.

They'll pay dearly if they did what is suggested. That's that. But I won't pile on. I'll take an empathetic view.

skate
06-01-2006, 04:11 PM
ya suff;

you did good there.

i knew a guy once, short time friend, i don't see a reason for him to be lying. he tells me about an account during battle, he picked up a baby by the feet and slams the baby into a wall (tough to write this), the mother had just blown up his partner.
thia guy was trained to fight and i respect him,. it is something he himself must live with.

lsbets
06-01-2006, 04:13 PM
Listen. The world has rules. People gotta live by them. But I'm a joe idiot who can come down where ever I want.

You have the right to not judge, and I actually appreciate that. I hope you didn't take my reply to mean that you had to, but I am also in a position where on a certain level I have to, and if the worst of the charges turn out to be true, I have zero sympathy for the guys who did it.

Tom
06-01-2006, 04:18 PM
Rush had a caller - from Iraq - yesterday - he was the spoksman for the whole unit. Thier botto line was, cut us loose to do what we do better than anyone or bring us home.

When the congress and president jump in on tis and no one says wait and see - innocent until proven guilty - it is a sad and shameful day of America.
When we start sendinig our tropps - in a war zone - to sensitivity training, it is time to admit it - we lost. Bring them home. Our military leadership let us down. Our president let us down. We lost - there is nothing that can happen there now that will come close to justifiyng the cost in term of young people and money and national shame. We lost. Move on.
Iraq a democracy? A this point, who gives a rat's ass. The sooner we bring our troops home, the sooner the government can start screwing them over on benefits and medical help - like THEY ALWAYS DO.

skate
06-01-2006, 04:57 PM
that is funny, who was it that let who down.

hey but let's go with what-ever yousay. have the muslims come and take over the blue states and the big cities, then we can "have at it".
just think, our death rate while driving should go down, close down belmont and open fairgrounds.

oh i cant' wait for iran and cuba, sajama, venezuela and the ""aint go no banana"" republic to parade down hollywood blvd and 5th ave. on saint paddys day.

hey look on the bright side:
no more women voters
no more gay rights parades
no more booze, DUI.
we could hold hands and pray all day long
no more Big Dick Chainys
no more talk radio
no more ...