PDA

View Full Version : Acorn Stakes

Tom
06-08-2001, 06:31 PM
Some good handicapping lessons in this race-stay away from fillies and run away from 3yo fillies.
Remember when Grade I stakes meant something.
Seem to more of a joke these days. Personally,I would never bet on a filly and am really cutting back on 3yos in general. Just no telling when they are going to run and when they aren't. I think the Beyers don't mean much with the yuounger horses-just look at the huge variations in race to race numbers for the triple crown
bunch. It may be Belmont day tomorrow, but I am playing Pen, Mnr, Hol, and the BRIS contest. I really don't think whoever wins the BEL will prove anything unless PG wins big, which I doubt. If any of them cojme back in the Fall against the older runners, then I'll get interested.
Tom

Rick Ransom
06-08-2001, 08:13 PM
Tom,

If you're playing the BRIS contest tomorrow you'll have to play 3 Belmont races anyway including the big one. Tough contest. I got 3 winners the first week and showed 25% profit and I was way down in the 100+ ranked category. How many people are in this contest anyway?

andicap
06-08-2001, 08:53 PM
Tom,
I love 3 yr olds now!
Look for this angle (it's out of the sheets):
3 yr old runs a slightly higher number than he ran before...a new top by a pt or two. Will come back within 3-5 weeks (roughly...could be longer, but if too long they won't do it) and run a monster race.

If the 3 yr old runs a very big top, it's tougher: could keep going forward or could bounce big time and take a while to recover. Guessing game.

andicap