PDA

View Full Version : HPI rebates

banacek
05-31-2006, 11:19 PM
So I get a letter from Horseplayer Interactive - Woodbine's internet betting service for Canada.

It starts "Get MORE and HIGHER Take-Out adjustments starting June 1st" on the top of the letter. First line "You spoke, we listened". Sounded good.

Basically they are doing a couple of things of interest to me:

1st - Instead of monthly rebates, weekly rebates (e.g. the old $15000 per month is now $3750 per week) Sounds good, except I need to bet $30000 in 28 days instead of 30 or 31. Not a good start. There is always February!

2nd - Earn 25% higher rebates on 3-plus horse wagers (tri, win3+, etc.). Ex/DD stay the same.

Well, I'm a win bettor almost exclusively, so no help there. Then just as the letter signs off it says "All take-out adjustments on Win, Place, Show will be lowered by 25%". Gee thanks. A crappy rebate to start with and then they want to drop them by 25%.

So much for the more and higher take-out adjustments.:mad:

Looks like I might have to try Pinnacle - looks like they'll take Canadians.

banacek
05-31-2006, 11:49 PM
Sorry I meant $15000 in 28 days on my previous post.

Can anyone tell me if there are many Canadian tracks available on Pinnacle. All the website says is "All major US tracks" (or I'm looking in the wrong place?). I assume that I can bet on Woodbine, is that true? What about tracks like Hastings?

Thanks

mikekk
06-01-2006, 12:03 AM
Only Canadian thoroughbred track up there is Woodbine. The one I really miss seeing is Fort Erie; I like betting circuits.

That being said, best thing that ever happened to me was finding Pinnacle

Mikekk

AngelEyes
06-01-2006, 10:51 AM
Stopped betting with HPI in Sep/04 (after 30 years). Joined Pinnacle which offers Woodbine ( only problem is that no guarantee that last minute bets will get through). The 7% rebate credited daily is great. In your case that gives you approx. $2K extra in your pocket every month. No problems to withdraw money either. A while back when I requested to withdraw money, cheque delivered to door next day by Fed. Ex. - no charge.

Regarding HPI rebates is it true that they are not offered when betting into co-mingled pools ?

Did you not read article in Toronto Star a couple weeks back regarding concerns Willmot has with lost revenues as a result of offshore sites etc.. ?
He wants federal gov't to intervene. What a joke. Does he not see that the more he complains publicly the more the chance that people find out that there are alternatives. In an article about 18 months ago he complained about the same thing and mentioned betting exchanges. I had no clue what they were. Did a Google search and bingo have bet over $500k on them and still slightly ahead.

banacek
06-01-2006, 11:14 AM
Regarding HPI rebates is it true that they are not offered when betting into co-mingled pools ?

That was true. This new deal gives some rebates for co-mingled pools. And who pays for it? The win bettors who are playing Woodbine and Hastings because they want to support Canadian racing.

How did you make your deposits from Canada without incurring too many fees or hassles? There seemed to be like 10 ways on the site.

I'm going to sign up with Pinnacle, but one problem is I like betting Hastings and it appears Pinnacle doesn't offer it. But I found one site yesterday which takes bets on Hastings - VIPhorses.com. Not much for rebates, only 15% on losses but a decent deposit and reload bonus. Anyone ever used it?

Red Knave
06-01-2006, 03:48 PM
Only Canadian thoroughbred track up there is Woodbine. The one I really miss seeing is Fort Erie; I like betting circuits.
I don't really consider them a 'circuit' any more. Not since the WO meet was increased to 3/4 of the year. Some horses ship between them (usually WO to FE ;)) but just as many FE starters come from FL, TAM, GLD, TDN etc.
I like betting it too. I liked it better before they resurfaced it last year but I'm getting the hang of it again.

46zilzal
06-01-2006, 04:12 PM
I don't really consider them a 'circuit' any more. Not since the WO meet was increased to 3/4 of the year. Some horses ship between them (usually WO to FE ;)) but just as many FE starters come from FL, TAM, GLD, TDN etc.
I like betting it too. I liked it better before they resurfaced it last year but I'm getting the hang of it again.

agree 100% BUT the old track was dangerous. Lots of soft spots and pot holes.

AngelEyes
06-01-2006, 10:16 PM
How did you make your deposits from Canada without incurring too many fees or hassles? There seemed to be like 10 ways on the site.

Neteller is very good . Transactions are done quickly between Pinnacle/Neteller.
Very possible not to incur any transfer fees. Check out Pinnacle site for details concerning deposits/withdrawals.