PDA

View Full Version : DEL MAR - SUNDAY

aagoett
08-18-2002, 12:10 AM
I've been following for quite awhile. Anyway, planning on spending the day at the Simulcast betting on the ponies. After going through the form, this is what I have so far....

Race 2 - Con Quixote - Ships from No Cal, has only 5 starts, but I see this horse getting better and better

Race 3 - Rapiddough - Vet likely to be the chalk, but hey... if it cashes... Then can't complain!

More to come later... And by all means, please add to the picks if you have some ideas!!

aagoett
08-18-2002, 03:07 AM
Okee. Here is some more before I goto bed. Some of this may be chalk, but I think they are winners anyway. I'm throwing in a longshot for the heck of it. Here goes...

Race 5 - Sing Because - 9 year old coming off a great race where he drew 4 clear after a layoff. Too many other unknowns, and this horse just likes to run.

Race 6 - La Vita E Bella - Frankel horse who faces tough competition in this one. Going to be running late and again 2nd race after a layoff. Expecting better.

Race 7 - Max Power - Going to be obvious chalk. Need I say more? The longshot here is Golden Ticket who ran 3rd against Point Given & Millenium wind a couple of years ago. I'm sure this horse wishes he were back there, but takes a huge class drop & can drop and pop.

Off to bed. Good luck at the races tomorrow.

aagoett
08-18-2002, 08:11 PM
Just want to state for the record I suck big large moose balls. Thanks for your time > )

Rpd
08-18-2002, 08:20 PM
We all do once in awhile. We just try not to make a habit out of it if we can help it. Noting wrong with being incorrect. Takes guts to stick your neck out beforehand.

I often find my handicapping is better if I know that people will see and judge my handicapping beforehand. It is a good exercise because I tend to focus more when the pressure is on.

Stephen

Rpd
08-18-2002, 08:23 PM
In fact, I can remember taking a guy to Penn National and I nailed 6 out of 9 with my first pick. He complained all the way home about the other three.

Needless to say, I haven't spoken to him since, lol

Stephen