PDA

View Full Version : Youbet Live Video feeds

AngelEyes
05-30-2006, 11:09 PM
Youbet provides ESPN with live video feeds for some tracks (ie. Delaware/Monmouth Park). Normally can view video at dial-up or broadband speed. For the past several days it appears that video can only be seen at
dial up speed. Since I am not a U.S. resident I can't join or call them for answers to this problem. Would like to find out from Youbet members if they are experiencing same problem. If not, can then conclude that broadband speed is available for members only.

shanta
05-31-2006, 09:56 AM
Youbet provides ESPN with live video feeds for some tracks (ie. Delaware/Monmouth Park). Normally can view video at dial-up or broadband speed. For the past several days it appears that video can only be seen at
dial up speed. Since I am not a U.S. resident I can't join or call them for answers to this problem. Would like to find out from Youbet members if they are experiencing same problem. If not, can then conclude that broadband speed is available for members only.

Angel,

Try using this link to access the live racing page
http://espn.go.com/horse/liveracing06.html

a few days ago they changed it so maybe that has something to do with your problem? I use broadband and have no trouble whatsoever.

Hope this helps you

Richie

AngelEyes
05-31-2006, 12:37 PM
Wouldn't you know it . Broadband finally working today.

AngelEyes
05-31-2006, 05:34 PM
Now not working again - only dial-up works. Is it possible that Youbet now offers broadband speed to U.S. citizens only ? Would appreciate feedback from both U.S. and non U.S. citizens.

PaceAdvantage
05-31-2006, 05:49 PM
Perhaps YouBet only offers its broadband speed to actual members who use their wagering service.

Or, perhaps they only offer broadband video for free on days when the racing schedule isn't as hectic.

cj
05-31-2006, 05:57 PM
They have given it away on ESPN and CBS for awhile now, but it seems to have stopped working well recently, without explanation. I don't think they would cut it off and keep the pages active.

shanta
05-31-2006, 06:01 PM
It's working fine on broadband and has been. Watching Indiana right now.
Works fine on Saturdays when there are 203 tracks running too.
Rich :)

cj
05-31-2006, 06:14 PM
Maybe the speed has changed that is required to login to broadband. I can't get it at work or home anymore. Not a big deal, I only used if two races were going off around the same time.

BillW
05-31-2006, 06:24 PM
It's usually very spotty here (b'band down - dial-up speed works OK) but it's working fine now.

cj
05-31-2006, 06:38 PM
It's usually very spotty here (b'band down - dial-up speed works OK) but it's working fine now.

The pirated links are fine as well...:lol: :lol: :lol:

BillW
05-31-2006, 06:43 PM

:eek:

ryesteve
05-31-2006, 06:55 PM
Feel free to PM me some links :)

Tom
05-31-2006, 09:01 PM
Arrrrrrggggg!

Jeff P
05-31-2006, 09:20 PM
I don't want to sound like I'm doing a commercial for them. But I signed up with them a while back - mainly to get live track video. So far no complaints. I've found their broadband video (for paid subscribers) to be pretty reliable. I've also found that I can get a bet down every time whenever places like Pinnacle are playing games and closing races early. Even if I never make a bet through YouBet it would be worth it for me to pay them the $18.00 or so each month they want for video alone.

-jp

mikekk
06-01-2006, 12:00 AM
I've been using it all week, and the broadband feed works fine. I do mostly use the CBS Sportsline access, but (other than the odd different track being shown) I don't see why that would make any difference.

My carrier is Shaw...I read somewhere that Rogers tops off their feed; would that be a reasonable explanation?

Just a few wild surmises from a non-techie

Mikekk

peislander
06-01-2006, 11:32 AM
I think they are blocking canadian IP addresses. I had access to a youbet acct but now am unable to watch the video without changing bandwidth to dial up. I also am unable to watch from cbs and espn without selecting dial up. So being canadian and having no access to american acct wagering. I am unable to watch tracks like from NYRA and Magna. So anyone that could help me with links it would be appricated.

ponyplayerdotca
06-01-2006, 09:02 PM
Pei is absolutely correct. I live in Ontario. I emailed youbet.com and here's the reply they just sent me today:

"Dear Member,
Thank you for contacting Youbet.com.

Unfortunately, Live Video provided by Youbet is no longer available to residents outside of the US. We apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused.

If you are located in the United States, please contact us at Player Services at 888-968-2388 so that we may troubleshoot your connection issues further.

Should you require further assistance, please reply to this email or contact Player Services at 1-888-968-2388. Player Service Agents are available seven days a week from 7AM - 10PM PST.

Thank you for choosing Youbet.com. Sincerely, Player Services Youbet.com"

====

Now here's my problem: I like to watch MOUNTAINEER PARK (please, no snickers or put downs - I just like it). :)

The only feeds available of Mountaineer Park through their website (or via CBS or ESPN) is the Youbet.com broadband feed.

Some tracks like Meadowlands have broadband available free through their website, which is how I get around losing that track.

But MNR only has that youbet.com pop-up window for broadband.

Am I S.O.L.? Or can someone email me some "links" as others have asked for to get me a broadband feed again?

My email is support@ponyplayer.ca. Thank you in advance. :ThmbUp:

AngelEyes
06-01-2006, 10:08 PM
Pei is absolutely correct. I live in Ontario. I emailed youbet.com and here's the reply they just sent me today:

"Dear Member,
Thank you for contacting Youbet.com.

Unfortunately, Live Video provided by Youbet is no longer available to residents outside of the US. We apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused.......

If

Thnx for info. Probably won't be long before dial-up access will be eliminated for us as well.

Just wondering if using an anonymous proxy server would resolve problem ???

Zaf
06-01-2006, 10:43 PM
Canada Sucks !!!

Z

trying2win
06-02-2006, 05:00 PM
Yup! I'm another Canadian who just found out that the YOUBET.COM live video feed is only working on dial-up now, at the CBS SPORTSLINE website. The dial-up video which is about 1.5 inches by 1.5 inches is so small on my computer screen, that it's next to useless trying to read the data on the screen and watch an actual race.

Thank you to a few generous PA members who supplied me with some video links to U.S. tracks awhile back, that lasted until YOUBET.COM and/or their suppliers cut off all the links. About all I have left for video now is many Canadian thoroughbred and/or harness tracks available through HPI, or video available directly from some Canadian racetracks' websites.

T2W

AngelEyes
06-02-2006, 09:23 PM
I've been using it all week, and the broadband feed works fine. I do mostly use the CBS Sportsline access, but (other than the odd different track being shown) I don't see why that would make any difference.

My carrier is Shaw...I read somewhere that Rogers tops off their feed; would that be a reasonable explanation?

Just a few wild surmises from a non-techie

Mikekk

So far you are the only non U.S. resident that has no problem with broadband reception. Interesting. Non-techie myself but wondering if using an anonymous proxy server would resolve issue?? Months ago on an earlier thread I think this was mentioned as a solution to a similar problem (had to do with U.S. residents not able to bet on Betfair). A Google search on it brought up many sites. Tried some claiming to be free but had no luck - system would freeze etc.. Would appreciate to hear from anyone using it for needed advice.

Zaf
06-02-2006, 09:27 PM
OK, so how do we disguise our IP address :eek:

Z

trying2win
06-02-2006, 09:35 PM
Correction...I said in a previous post that the size of the dial-up horse racing video at CBS SPORTLINE was about 1.5 in. by 1.5 in. Actually it's about 2.5 in. by 2 in. Big deal I guess.

I tried using the anonymous proxy server route. Didn't work. Still can only access the dial-up video.

For Canadian horse race players, who want broadband live videos of thoroughbred races for meets that are running right now, you can access them directly from the ASSINIBOIA DOWNS, STAMPEDE PARK, DELTA DOWNS, CANTERBURY DOWNS (free registration required), ROCKINGHAM PARK and MONMOUTH PARK websites.

Then of course there are the live videos in broadband for the HOLLWOOD PARK and BAY MEADOWS races. They are available at the CAL RACING WEBSITE (free registration required).

If you have trouble finding the correct URL for the above places, just do a GOOGLE search.

Well, at least a few broadband live videos for us Canadians are better than nothing.

T2W

Zaf
06-02-2006, 09:44 PM
Thanks T2W !

Z

peislander
06-02-2006, 11:48 PM
I have been using a proxy server (free one). Either its the shits or it doesnt work at all. I am thinking possibly a router that has a fixed ip address of 169.254.x.x might work. Maybe that is what the previous poster is using.

trying2win
06-03-2006, 03:20 PM
I neglected to mention, that Canadians can also access the free live video in broadband, for Fort Erie racing at their website.

T2W

ponyplayerdotca
06-03-2006, 06:09 PM
Since many of us are now searching for broadband feeds that are still free and available to non-U.S. residents (like me), here is a list of the tracks I know of that qualify:

CANADIAN TRACKS

WOODBINE, Toronto, Ontario [April 1-Dec. 3, 2006]
FORT ERIE, Fort Erie, Ontario [April 29-Oct. 31, 2006]
ASSINIBOIA DOWNS, Winnipeg, Manitoba [May 1-Sept. 25, 2006]
STAMPEDE PARK, Calgary, Alberta [March 31-June 18, 2006]
NORTHLANDS PARK, Edmonton, Alberta [June 23-Oct. 28, 2006]
HASTINGS RACE COURSE, Vancouver, B.C. [April 15-Nov. 26, 2006]

U.S. TRACKS

PHILADELPHIA PARK, Philadelphia, PA [all year round]
MONMOUTH PARK, Oceanport, NJ [May 13-Sept.24, 2006]
DEL MAR, Del Mar, CA [July 19-Sept. 6, 2006]
FAIRPLEX, Los Angeles, CA [Sept. 8-25, 2006]
OAK TREE at Santa Anita, Arcadia, CA [Sept. 27-Oct. 29, 2006]
HAWTHORNE RACE COURSE, Cicero, IL [Fall meet starts Sept. 15, 2006]
KEENELAND, Lexington, KY [Fall meet Oct. 6-28, 2006]
MEADOWLANDS, East Rutherford, NJ [Thoroughbred Meet Sept. 29-Nov. 11, 2006]

The links for all of these listed tracks can be found here (on my blog-site):

http://www.ponyplayer.ca/horse-racing-links/

If I am missing any, or you know of more, please post them here or email me at support@ponyplayer.ca. Thank you.

p.s. - The one I will miss most (and can only watch via the crappy dialup signal, and who knows for how much longer) is MOUNTAINEER PARK. But I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Tom
06-03-2006, 06:17 PM
Love your Woodbine - to - English section! :D
I love Woodbine, too - will be heading up there any dy now - soon as it gets sunny and warm again. I like the Wed nite racing.
Do they still simo Pen National? Great double header Wo/Pen.

(I love those roast beef sammys on the third flor, too! yum yum, and I don'tmean the derby!)

Zaf
06-03-2006, 10:46 PM
Thanks for the info ponyplayerdotca !

Z

peislander
06-04-2006, 04:08 AM
www.calracing.com (http://www.calracing.com) gets you hollywood and bay meadows. Not sure about SA as just stumbled upon this site recently. However Bay Meadows is a Magna track so I am hopeful. Maybe someone can reply with an answer.

peislander
06-04-2006, 04:22 AM
My bad.......Bay Meadows is not a magna track. Shows how often I play it.

Sailwolf
06-04-2006, 04:29 AM
www.calracing.com (http://www.calracing.com/) gets you hollywood and bay meadows. Not sure about SA as just stumbled upon this site recently. However Bay Meadows is a Magna track so I am hopeful. Maybe someone can reply with an answer.

Since the site is about California racing the site will show SA (when running) and even the mule racing:D at the county fairs.

Put your dollars on an animal that looks like a horse with long ears and may be cloned:lol: .

mltanz
06-04-2006, 08:28 AM
I was watching the Meadowlands last night and it kept blacking out at crucial points in the race I switched the live video feed from the Meadowlands sight.

mikekk
06-04-2006, 09:59 AM
Just thumbed thru this topic, and think that maybe I should buy a lottery ticket!

Shaw is definitely a Canadian URL, but I am not having any problems receiving broadband since I last posted. EVD was suddenly blanked on Friday (got a message that I had to be a YouBet member to get access), which sucked as it's my most profitable track...then suddenly on Saturday it was available again.

I don't use any proxy server; just hope things stay the same.

It is getting difficult playing all these reindeer games. I bet @ 1/2 million a year, and would be happy to run a bunch of that thru a service like YoubBet (just for the video access) if they'd let me join. But I guess they're doing so damned well they don't need my business!

Mikekk