PDA

View Full Version : Sun King

alysheba88
05-30-2006, 08:09 AM
With all the whining about the fragile t-bred and early retirement of horses just wanted to point out this guy. Runs in all the big races, and while he doesnt win many usually runs real well-as shown again yesterday. Zito has dont a good job with him. Has not pampered him

DrugSalvastore
05-30-2006, 08:54 AM
Yep.

He only has 1 less North American Grade 1 win than Invasor has!

alysheba88
05-30-2006, 08:55 AM
Has done a good job with him I meant.

Ron
05-30-2006, 09:27 AM
Sun King can't retire. He hasn't won anything and hasn't lived up to expectations.

alysheba88
05-30-2006, 09:36 AM
Unbelievable. You guys are too much

alysheba88
05-30-2006, 09:39 AM
Has won 4 graded stakes and came within a whisker of winning the Met Mile. Is not a great horse by any means, but again runs in the big races and has done himself proud most of the time

shanta
05-30-2006, 09:42 AM
Has won 4 graded stakes and came within a whisker of winning the Met Mile. Is not a great horse by any means, but again runs in the big races and has done himself proud most of the time

I agree with you. This is a tough buck man. He closed powerfully yesterday to just miss over a track that in my opinion was favoring the upfront guys in a big way.

Richie :)

Valuist
05-30-2006, 09:45 AM
Yep.

He only has 1 less North American Grade 1 win than Invasor has!

All that does is show how flawed the system for grading stakes is. In reality, the Pimlico Special was worthy of no better than a Grade 3.

46zilzal
05-30-2006, 09:46 AM
speed beats stamina MOST of the time at any N.A. track. Fact of life for many many years now.

blind squirrel
05-30-2006, 10:04 AM
With all the whining about the fragile t-bred and early retirement of horses just wanted to point out this guy. Runs in all the big races, and while he doesnt win many usually runs real well-as shown again yesterday. Zito has dont a good job with him. Has not pampered him

THOROGRAPH had SUN KING as the choice.....of course they don't
consider pace.

Tom
05-30-2006, 10:05 AM
Chiicken and the egg.....

Does narrowly missing in the Met give credit to SK, or does it underscore what a pitiful older handicap crop showed upo this year?

This MET was a sorry shell of what it used to be, IMHO.

alysheba88
05-30-2006, 10:10 AM
Chiicken and the egg.....

Does narrowly missing in the Met give credit to SK, or does it underscore what a pitiful older handicap crop showed upo this year?

This MET was a sorry shell of what it used to be, IMHO.

Completely disagree. The winner is a BC Sprint winner. Of obvious quality. Sun King is a good horse. Mass Media ran lights out for early part of the race.

ryesteve
05-30-2006, 10:10 AM
Given how fast those maidens went 7f a few races earlier, it's hard to be super impressed by how the Met turned out.

Stevie Belmont
05-30-2006, 12:47 PM
Completely disagree. The winner is a BC Sprint winner. Of obvious quality. Sun King is a good horse. Mass Media ran lights out for early part of the race.

Not many would have beaten Silver Train through some wicked fractions early. Not only did he duel with Mass Media, he was able to put him away and stay on. Who ever said it was a weak race should reevaluate the comment. Silver Train ran a monster race and the King just missed.

the little guy
05-30-2006, 12:55 PM
I'm reticent to claim strong biases, and there were only five dirt races yesterday, but speed seemed to hold very well in all the dirt races, with Sun King and Main Stream ( in the third race ) being the only closers to have any impact on their respective races. The first three finishers ran around the track together in the first two races, the first two did similarly in the 4th, while a somewhat improbably longshot went wire to wire in the 3rd.

I would say the track was at least kind to speed.

o_crunk
05-30-2006, 10:03 PM
the last quarter was 25 and 2/5. sun king, who i thought was a square price at around 5 or 6-1 around post time, might have appeared to run a monster race, but he was def running over some really dead speed. they were crawling home.

the 25k claimers in the first ran home faster.

still that exacta paid pretty well i though with the fav on top. i thought sun king would def benefit from that pace, he just got a little too far back early on.