PDA

View Full Version : Where would you want to relocate?

Koko
05-30-2006, 01:16 AM
I see that many members of PA have been quite the travelers. If your concerns were moderate living expenses, relative safety and friendly tax policies (relative, if not absolute tax havens), what are the top three countries you've been to where you'd think about expatriating?

Tom
05-30-2006, 10:20 AM
I already live here. Re-locate to any other country would be absurd!

46zilzal
05-30-2006, 10:59 AM
I see that many members of PA have been quite the travelers. If your concerns were moderate living expenses, relative safety and friendly tax policies (relative, if not absolute tax havens), what are the top three countries you've been to where you'd think about expatriating?

Many people I know take retirement in Mexico because of the favorable dollar difference. I wouldn't want to be sick there however.

Dave Schwartz
05-30-2006, 11:06 AM
In my experience, and based upon the conditions you laid down, I don't believe there is anywhere else but the U.S. that would satisfy me.

If "moderate living expenses" were removed as a condition then I would say there is one other place I could live: Japan.

My reasoning is simply based upon the way they treat others. It is a truly unique society on our planet.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Ron
05-30-2006, 11:33 AM
Many people I know take retirement in Mexico because of the favorable dollar difference. I wouldn't want to be sick there however.

I don't trust the police in Mexico.

karlskorner
05-30-2006, 11:54 AM
"based on how they treat others". Ask the people in China, the entire southeast pacific, the Americans on Bataan. You have a short memory.

lsbets
05-30-2006, 12:03 PM
Most of my extended travel has been courtesy of Uncle Sam, which generally means pretty lousy places under pretty lousy circumstances. One thing that taught me is we are all pretty damned fortunate to live here. While there are some places I wouldn't mind taking an extended vaction to, I couldn't imagine calling any other country home.

chickenhead
05-30-2006, 12:08 PM
I agree with you guys, at the end of the day it's tough to beat the US as a place to live. I'd like to someday have the dough for a nice little villa on the Italian Riviera or Lake Como to spend a few months every year, but I'd always want the US to be my permanant residence.

Koko
05-30-2006, 12:13 PM
I already live here. Re-locate to any other country would be absurd!

We're one soon scheduled and manufactured epidemic, and/or an elite planned "terrorist operation" and/or weather cataclysm away from being in a literal martial state as opposed to the creeping authoritarian regime our government has become, as long ago planned out.

Thanks to Halliburton's efforts for a cool $385 Mill. we'll soon get to inhabit state-of-the-art "detainment" camp facilities, that is if we're not considered "subversives" unworthy of "re-education" who may not get the chance to LIVE there.

If you think that it's not scheduled or at least possible, tell that to every other people who found out that political power extends from the barrel of a gun and will be used against an unarmed populace.

Dave Schwartz
05-30-2006, 12:35 PM
"based on how they treat others". Ask the people in China, the entire southeast pacific, the Americans on Bataan. You have a short memory.

Now Karl,

If we are going to bear grudges for all eternity, then all countries would remain enemies for all times.

I certainly respect your right to your opinion, and I am sure that there are some Japanese people who bear a grudge toward Americans - I did see some of that but it was very rare. My experience was that the Japanese people of today are amazingly polite, friendly and (most important) non-violent.

Frankly, I wish we could say that about our society.

Dave

Bala
05-30-2006, 01:23 PM
".....I wouldn't want to be sick there however...."
How very sad. What a closed mind you have. Perhaps this is why so many AIDS
patients die in your care.

http://www.cancure.org/directory_mexican_clinics.htm

I have been wondering why your beloved Mayo Clinic has a built in morgue.
Must be their success rates???

Koko
05-30-2006, 01:40 PM
How very sad. What a closed mind you have. Perhaps this is why so many AIDS
patients die in your care.

http://www.cancure.org/directory_mexican_clinics.htm

I have been wondering why your beloved Mayo Clinic has a built in morgue.
Must be their success rates???

Right on Bala. One must leave the U.S. to receive many legal treatments which are far more health-inducing than the cut, poison and burn solutions offered by the "Anti-Health Monopoly" of Western Medicine and Pharmaceuticals.

46 Has a point if he is referring to what kind of care you could expect in Mexico without money. The western style care may not be as advanced in Mexico, but why would one want it in the first place. My father was a consciencious doctor, by the way, but he was presumeably deceived about the fact that they are mandated to treat symptoms while worsening health.

Recently when Coretta Scott King was revealed to be staying at an alternative health clinic in Baja, the media whores had to spin a story about her doing stupid things like that because she's desperate rather than that she made a quite rational decision. The FDA (forced drugging administration) and it's overlords in Medicine and Big Phram, coerced Mexican Officials to shutdown 30-40 alternative health clinics in Baja not but a couple years ago. In line with objectives of the U.N. Euro Union to take healthful nutrients and minerals from us via legislation known as "Codex Alimentarus" (sp). Access to healthful substances will be greatly curtailed under it's terms.

Tom
05-30-2006, 01:41 PM
The japanese in WWII were nothing short of animals. They started it, we finished
it. It was too bad we didn' thave a third atomic bomb to drop on their sorry asses. Rebuilding japan was a mistake - we should have looted it and left them without an infrastructute to fend for themselves. Japan today owes us a debt they can never repay.

46zilzal
05-30-2006, 01:52 PM
Right on Bala. One must leave the U.S. to receive many legal treatments which are far more health-inducing than the cut, poison and burn solutions offered by the "Anti-Health Monopoly" of Western Medicine and Pharmaceuticals.

46 Has a point if he is referring to what kind of care you could expect in Mexico without money. The western style care may not be as advanced in Mexico, but why would one want it in the first place. My father was a consciencious doctor, by the way, but he was presumeably deceived about the fact that they are mandated to treat symptoms while worsening health.

even with money...I am only relating to you what the people who have moved there tell me.

I don't treat AIDS patients. I refer them to the experts who handle it day to day.

Dan Montilion
05-30-2006, 02:51 PM
I live in a foreign country, California. If I wanted to live on a different planet I'd move to Berkeley.

shots
05-30-2006, 04:17 PM
I live in a foreign country, California. If I wanted to live on a different planet I'd move to Berkeley.
Ha! Ha! I agree and I don't need a space shuttle to get there. It's only 20 minutes away.

joe
05-30-2006, 05:05 PM
:confused: i like it here, the good old U.S.A. its the best country i've been in.:) ...

joe
05-30-2006, 05:10 PM
:confused: but i would like to see the Franconisa Mountain range...:) .

karlskorner
05-30-2006, 05:12 PM
Not only during WWII were the Japanese "animals", it's a culture that goes back 1000 or more years and hasn't changed in the past 60 years We had that 3rd bomb, just didn't have the need to use it.

Secretariat
05-30-2006, 06:52 PM
When you say US do you mean the red states or the blue ones?

I suppose if not in the US I'd choose Canada, or Sweeden (women are real nice there)?

And Canada:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060530/ap_on_he_me/healthier_canadians

Yeah, I know, but I like colder weather.

I hear positive things about Ireland, and I liked England. If I could afford it Lake Como isn't a bad idea or Positano to retire either even though it's a little warm for me.

Places I would NOT like to retire in order:

1. Baghdad
2. P'yongyang
3. Kabul
4. Beijing
5. Crawford, Texas

46zilzal
05-30-2006, 06:59 PM
not so cold in Tornto area today

facorsig
05-30-2006, 07:07 PM
My relocation choices would be:

Bali - The Balinese are wonderful people in a tranquil place. The recent bombings by Javanese are out of jealousy.
Alicante, Spain - Probably, common monetary policies for all EU locations now, but large ex-pat community moving away from cold Northern Europe.
Durban, SA - Low cost of living and vibrant economy. Significant threat to deteriorate over coming generations.
Perth - Real estate is going wild as the upper crust seeks an area of the world which is relatively untouched.

michiken
05-30-2006, 07:14 PM
I would like to relocate to the island featured on the tv show lost provided that
Kate, Claire, Sun and Shannon went blind and could only feel my nakedness..

Ponyplayr
05-30-2006, 07:17 PM
Iceland...gorgeous women..who cares what it costs to live there.

Dave Schwartz
05-30-2006, 07:18 PM
Sec,

1. Baghdad
2. P'yongyang
3. Kabul
4. Beijing
5. Crawford, Texas

LOL - Never miss a chance, do you.

Dave

cj
05-30-2006, 07:41 PM
I wouldn't trade living in the USA for anything.

If I had to go somewhere else:

1) Australia
2) New Zealand
3) Denmark

clue
06-06-2006, 06:40 PM
The japanese in WWII were nothing short of animals. They started it, we finished
it. It was too bad we didn' thave a third atomic bomb to drop on their sorry asses. Rebuilding japan was a mistake - we should have looted it and left them without an infrastructute to fend for themselves. Japan today owes us a debt they can never repay.

Only now do I appreciate how expertly you selected your avatar.

I salute you.