PDA

View Full Version : Where Can You Get Late Scratches

spilparc
05-29-2006, 02:35 PM
It says they are free at Brisnet, but every time I try to get them it wants me to sign up with a credit card etc.

Is there anyplace I can get free late scratches?

Thanks,

Steve

Suff
05-29-2006, 02:41 PM
go to drf or equibase and click on entries. You'll see 'changes" or "scratch's"

www.drf.com (http://www.drf.com/)

spilparc
05-29-2006, 03:00 PM
go to drf or equibase and click on entries. You'll see 'changes" or "scratch's"

www.drf.com (http://www.drf.com/)

I went there and looked around, but I didn't see that.

Thanks a lot,

Steve

46zilzal
05-29-2006, 03:03 PM
I went there and looked around, but I didn't see that.

Thanks a lot,

Steve
go to the HOME page (equibase.com)and there is an area just LEFT of center with options. Hit the gray area with the down arrow and it will list all the different options available. One is Late scratches.

Suff
05-29-2006, 03:09 PM
See ENTRIES ontop

see CHANGES in left hand column.

cj
05-29-2006, 03:19 PM
Here is a direct link:

http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqpLateScratches.cfm

spilparc
05-29-2006, 03:58 PM
Here is a direct link:

http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqpLateScratches.cfm

Sorry about the confusion. What I meant was that I went there before I posted here, and I couldn't find it, but after you told me what to look for I did find it.

Thanks for the help,

Steve

Suff
05-29-2006, 04:19 PM
Gotcha.

On the subject of Scratch's. Are you familiar with the "scratch board".

Its a list of Horses that are on Todays card that have been scratched from a previous entry.

It's pretty good info. I used it to confirm/support my doubts about #2 Miss Parl Place in the 3rd race at NY today. I have no idea why she scratched out of a 25K race two weeks ago. Could of been as simple as a Tough Field, or a small spike in her tempature. But I took it as a negative, and went off her at 6/5.

You see here in the Photo that they give a reason. a VET SCRATCH is RED ALERT.

I get mine at DRF where I am a subscriber. I don't know if they are free of not elsewhere. They are also located in the print edtion of the DRF. Usually on the first page of the Track DATA your looking at.

karlskorner
05-29-2006, 05:00 PM
Either BRIS or TSN. For BRIS go to Products/Prices on main page (left side), scroll down to Instant Entries (Free) go to the end of todays card you will find Scratch Watch, I cut and paste and take it with me. You can catch some good ones when Trainer scratched within last week or so, the other Scratches are Vet and Stewards, A/E's. not much help.

Tom
05-29-2006, 05:03 PM
Gee, Suff, thanks for posting that AFTER The race! :mad:

I check that damn thing every day - except today, and I left her in the exacta.

Suff
05-29-2006, 05:08 PM
Gee, Suff, thanks for posting that AFTER The race! :mad:

I check that damn thing every day - except today, and I left her in the exacta.

I posted it!.. but honestly, just a few minutes to post because I was working 3 through 10.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=281538#post281538
Race 3
#5 Fixed Amount. 10-1. Horse has caught smoke or talent and bad trips.

And before you get all excited about Miss Park Place. Keep in mind she was a trainer scratch for 25 grand only two weeks ago.:ThmbDown:

btw Fixed Amount won and paid $21.00 and $9.00

karlskorner
05-29-2006, 05:25 PM
The only problem I have with BRIS/TSN Scratch Watch is the horse might have run after the posted scratch. A good time to go to the charts and see if Trainer was trying to hide horse in a difficult race (distance/conditons etc.) and re-entered today.

Tom
05-29-2006, 05:31 PM
Hey, here's one to look at - Fanks' Fuse.
Scratched out of the 1st today - his entey mate ran well and just missed. Friday, he was scratched too - and his mate won this one. This guy keeps stepping aside for apparently a stronger half of the enrt - I want to se where he runs next - hopefully this week.

Tom
05-29-2006, 05:33 PM
I'm starting a database of this infor - putting it in Excel directly from the BRIS htm file so I can sort by horse and see his history. Once I get enough data, I can link the table to my main data bas and printout a past performance with scratched merged into the races. Glad this came up today.

cj
05-29-2006, 05:41 PM
I posted it!.. but honestly, just a few minutes to post because I was working 3 through 10.

btw Fixed Amount won and paid $21.00 and $9.00

Ron says that doesn't count.

Jeff P
05-29-2006, 06:43 PM
posted by Suff - On the subject of Scratch's. Are you familiar with the "scratch board".

Its a list of Horses that are on Todays card that have been scratched from a previous entry.

It's pretty good info. I used it to confirm/support my doubts about #2 Miss Parl Place in the 3rd race at NY today. I have no idea why she scratched out of a 25K race two weeks ago. Could of been as simple as a Tough Field, or a small spike in her tempature. But I took it as a negative, and went off her at 6/5.

You see here in the Photo that they give a reason. a VET SCRATCH is RED ALERT. I couldn't agree more. This type of info is pure GOLD. I love to use it when looking at Pinny's head to head matchups. Their linesmaker is pretty adept at finding horses who on paper appear to be head and shoulders above the other side. Really obvious types in their matchups somehow manage to finsh up the track a lot more often than you'd normally expect. Whenever this happens there's always a reason. If you're looking at figures only you'll be left scratching your head.

-jp

Jeff P
05-29-2006, 06:58 PM
I've found going directly to the individual track's website first to be better for getting scratches and late changes than going to Bris, DRF, or Equibase. Quite often the track itself will have scratches listed long before Bris, DRF, or Equibase will. I've also found that quite often Bris, DRF, or Equibase will have MOST of the scratches - but not all - while the track's own website will have them all. This isn't always the case but it's true about 80-85 percent of the time. I really do wish there was one ACCURATE source on the web we could RELY on 100 percent of the time for scratches. But, sigh... that's simply not the case.

-jp

Tom
05-29-2006, 11:16 PM
6-5 fav with an unexplained scratch and a negative drop down after a win should have been enough for me to throw it out completley - but I left in the ex becasue it was such a pathetic field - not worthy of Finger Lakes - but the one that won - you could show me the results three times let me bet the race over again and again and I would never, ever, come up with that POS hitting the board, let alone winning. This was the one that will stop me from playing Belmont for a while - I gotta figure a new drup is here and it can't be detected. This was a garbage horse from the word go. It usually only takes one or two these a year before I quit NYRA - my opinion, the drug capital of racing. :ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

ryesteve
05-29-2006, 11:35 PM
the one that won - you could show me the results three times let me bet the race over again and again and I would never, ever, come up with that POS hitting the board, let alone winning. This was the one that will stop me from playing Belmont for a while - I gotta figure a new drup is here and it can't be detected.
Is it the horse that turned you off, or was it the 0-29 trainer?

I didn't look at this race until just now, but given that the horse was 3rd back off a long layoff, was adding blinkers, was running in a claimer for the first time, and has been well-bet every time out, it's not exactly the sort of outcome that seems all that outlandish.

But if you want to talk about Bold Decision getting 2nd in the Jaipur yesterday, that's a different story... :D

Tom
05-29-2006, 11:52 PM
It was the horse. I figured if he fired his best race today, he would finish last.:jump:

This was one of those that I can find nothing at all in his record to suggest any ability or talent and no clue to his beating this field. I had his running style as "early quitter.":D

ryesteve
05-30-2006, 12:08 AM
I had his running style as "early quitter.":D
Based on that grass race? But in his 3 dirt races, he won by 4; passed two horses to get 3rd; and passed one horse to get 3rd. Argh! Stop! I feel like you're making me have to redboard this horse :D

WJ47
05-30-2006, 03:32 AM
Hey, here's one to look at - Fanks' Fuse.
Scratched out of the 1st today - his entey mate ran well and just missed. Friday, he was scratched too - and his mate won this one. This guy keeps stepping aside for apparently a stronger half of the enrt - I want to se where he runs next - hopefully this week.

I was disappointed to see him scratched today too. I didn't think the distance was good for him, but Dutrow is good with sprint to route. I didn't like the other part of the entry today, Ferocious Won. He looked good on paper, but when I watched his replays, I wasn't overly impressed. I really loved the 8 horse, Who What Win, who was beaten before by Ferocious Won, but had a worse trip and seemed game. He ended up finishing 2nd so I ended up losing anyway. LOL, won the battle but lost the war as usual! :bang:

I did kind of like the winner a little, Pay Attention, who was getting Castellano for the first time and appeared to make 2 moves in his last race and raced 3 wide, but he had a pretty poor win percentage. That was a really great ride by Castellano, I was practically counting the money when he snuck back up to win! :(

On TVG, a few weeks ago, they said that when Dick Dutrow scratches part of the entry, the other half wins a huge amount of the time. I haven't actually researched this to see if its true, but I'll bet he's saving Frank's Fuse for a particuliar spot. I think Frank's Fuse needs a 5 1/2 or 6 furlong race. In his last race, he looked like a winner, then tired or hung (not sure which) and let a $76 horse beat him by a neck. This was a 7 Furlong race. Although last May, he had a 1 mile race where he lost by a tiny margin to Breeze On and he seemed pretty game.

I'd be interested in keeping a list of scratches at the gate and entering them into my Formulator. Thats one thing I always want to do, but never seem to get motivated. Especially if it is a vet scratch right at the gate. Does Simulcast Weekly list these types of scratches?