PDA

View Full Version : Le Double @ Saratoga... SUNDAY

Suff
08-17-2002, 08:27 PM
I'm gonna "Bang" the double at Saratoga on Sunday....so,,,,I'm looking at the double... bouncing back and forth between 1st and 2nd race... Looking over everything hard the way I like to and I see something that just knocks me off my seat.... in the second race.. #6 Ordvou.. Ran for the 1st time in a 5 1/2 furlong 'r on 7-26 at Saratoga... Horse broke 6th... but fell back to ninth... 20 lengths behind leader with 3 1/2 furlongs to go..... BOOM... horse makes up 17 lengths and finishes 2nd... 17 lengths!! in 3.5 furlongs?... The race closed very slow and finished slow at 106.. but still.... that amazes me.... But just the same.. I'm not betting the horse.

Speed speed speed everywhere in the first race... the 1 ,2,3 and 7 hole are coming out firing... .... so I'm gonna review the speed... #1 Hot slot... 7 career races against 55 horses and has passed exactly two in the stretch... and other than a 1/2 length in his MD80000 race in March... has never made up so much as a 1/2 length on anyone past the 4 furlong marker... the horse has been in some pretty fast races though and in last 6 races has'nt seen a 1/2 slower than 45 and 4.... and if you thow out that turf try in may.. his last 5 beyers are 82, 82, 84, 80, 86 on dirt... Pretty consistent... his two wins came in a 5 and 6 horse field when he was able to get the trip he needs. that win at this level on 7-19 at Bel... I throw it out.. all the good horses were gone... up to the SPA.. the belmont fields were weak.... He''ll get some good tote... Might be the Favorite... I don't like him against thsi group from the one hole in a sprint...

#2 Cliff Glider....What can you say.... 15 starts 8 wins,,, I Like this horse and bet him quite a bit... and honestly.. the last three races he has not looked that good... and I don't mean just because he did'nt win... Just has'nt looked good in the paddock,,, or post parade.. and seemed to me, to be a bit intimidated in the stretch... He appears to be going backwards...

#3 ..in Halos image... Guidry up... he had a nice winner today and he's an excellent Jock... Horse has 6 starts and has run at 5 different distances.. hard to figure out exactly what he'll do with this horse in the first 1/4... Trainer has some pretty heady stats with this setup... 27% off this layoff... 24% on dirt....23% in sprints and 20% in Claimers... Beyers put him right there... I like the horse on the ticket... Gonna play him 2nd and 3rd

#7 Weekend Binge... I don't bet or follow California racing to have any handle on his Hollywood. or bay meadows races... What is clear though is the horse has one gear... and if you think he can and will get out . and wire this field then he's your bet... Because thats the only way he'll win here....

#4 Jamaician me nuts.... this horse ran 4 lengths behind one of my favorite horses "Peppermint Kid" ... and that alone would make him a contender here.... But that was on grass... I looked hard at the horse and can't figure him out...

#5.... Shing Career... Had a very very promising two year old campaign... Ran in a couple of Grade 3's... one before he even broke his maiden... 6 lenghths behind Harlans Holiday in the Iroquis... Last three look so-so... But Has just run to well against some nice horses to give up on... is time for a tag... Speed pedigree.....I'm playing him 2nd in an exacta and on top of a double

#6 Tasty Chardoniegh... My Pick to win it......Has gone route to sprint 3 times... with two 2nds and win on that angle... 2 for 3 at the distance 3 for 3 in the exacta... shows tactical gear... rating gear..gate speed... its all there...he's in light.. carrero is having a bad meet.. But he has done well with these types at Belmont...... I see the race Breaking down and him picking up the pieces.

#8 ....Tasy handled him easy in the stretch his last out... top three were 6 clear... and he picked up the place spot. I'm seeing him getting passed by the 3 and 5 in the stretch

$25 WP on 6 Tasy Char. $ 20 Exacat 6-5..... 2 ex box 6,5,3.... $2 tri part wheel 6/5-6/5/all ...2 tri part wheel 5/3,4,8/6.................. $100 dollars

Daily Double.... Gonna play the 7 , High Priced....on three angles.... 1. has beat some of these already... 2. Add blinks and 3. Same trainer as Tasty in first.... So Gonna play a Trainer to Trainer double,

spending another 50 bucks.... I can't Handicap NY State bred Pedigree so I'm using angles here

$20 double 6-7.....
$10 double 6-1 ( 2 for one) Guidry up
$5 double 5-3 (Prado Hot)
$5 double 5-5 ( Whiitaker 0-74 due)
$2 Double 6-5 (same)
$1 Double 6-all

$50 bucks + $100 bucks... = $150.............

Suff
08-18-2002, 12:47 PM
Boy sure hope I'm on... Because the money is spread out and the "Will pays and probables" are sweet. 15 mins to post

6-7 double 63 bucks
6-1 double 80 bucks
5-3 " 60 bucks

and even with the 7 scratched my 6 horse opened at 5-1 and has stayed right there... I'm tempted to "press".. but a buck and half is enough for these types....especially with the prices... won;t get greedy and Jinx myself... sticking with prices and picks

Suff
08-18-2002, 01:33 PM
I bombed... 3rd... too far back to early

Derek2U
08-18-2002, 01:59 PM
Yes Sufferin, SAR is playing FAST again & it's UNWISE to
bet a slow poke closer here. I always watch the first 2 because
SAR gets into this style & stays there. In Race#3, the speed
seems to be #5 (the FAV) .... but here there's some classier ones
to contend with. The main threats appear to be #6 and#2.
Any opinions here?

Suff
08-18-2002, 02:34 PM
yea.... I WUZ robbed!!!