PDA

View Full Version : Anyone at Belmont today?

andicap
05-28-2006, 10:43 AM
I'll be out at the Big Oval today with my cousin, proudly wearing my green 2003 PA shirt. It's a beautiful day here, low 80s, perfect Belmont weather and being the middle of a holiday weeked traffic shouldn't be too bad.

Anyone else going today??

always in the grandstand, often in the backyard.

Tom
05-28-2006, 11:57 AM
Get behind Jan Rushton and wave - I will be watching on TVG today! :D

ryesteve
05-28-2006, 10:40 PM
Shoot, I saw this too late. I was there with the kids today (2nd floor grandstand).

andicap
05-29-2006, 04:17 PM
Pretty funny -- I thought I recognized you in the grandstand, but it's been 10 years since we've gotten together and everytime I wanted to stop and ask if you were Steve from Rye I was rushing to make a bet or my cousin wanted my opinion on something. (It's hell betting 4 tracks when you haven't handicapped before hand and your cousin who doesnt handicap wants your opinion 30 seconds after you start looking at your printouts.) Also we had to leave a little early. And we got there just before the 2nd race.

I was very selective since I hadn't had time to handicap beforehand and came out ahead. amazingly I hit on Lima Papa at 6-1 in the 4th...I say that because I usually HATE MSW on the turf...

And I did well on Solovey in the 4th at CD even though I usually dont bet 5-2 horses. I'd say he stood out but he won by a nose! :D

Not so good rest of the day but still came out well due to Lima Papa.

Liked Mayan King in the 3rd but didn't bet at 8-5. Of course in a 4-horse race 8-5 is kinda like 3-1 in an 8 horse race. D'oh!

Lady Gwen did nothing for me in the 5th
Didn't like anything in the 6th -- Gambling Native was negative drop but still won. These negative drops aren't so negative sometimes. I see that if the horse had been claimed the owners would have had two wins in less than a month and done reall well. Claim 'em, win quick and get rid of 'em

In the 7th I was down to Stolen Star and Miss L Woods. Instead of betting them both I went for the loser because -0-44 Espinosa was on Stolen.

Took a flyer on the 7 as we left the track because the horse was 8-1. Never would have bet at the 5-1 he went off at.

The only thing I really got mad at myself for was the 11-1 shot at Monmouth the 7 in the 6th. He came up strong on BOTH HTR and CJ's figs and I had him circled initially. For some reason tho I went away from him -- overhandicapped and overthought myself. :mad:

ryesteve
05-29-2006, 05:32 PM
Pretty funny -- I thought I recognized you in the grandstand, but it's been 10 years since we've gotten together and everytime I wanted to stop and ask if you were Steve from Rye I was rushing to make a bet or my cousin wanted my opinion on something. (It's hell betting 4 tracks when you haven't handicapped before hand and your cousin who doesnt handicap wants your opinion 30 seconds after you start looking at your printouts.)
If you think THAT'S hell, try wrangling a bet decision out of two indecisive kids at 2 minutes to posttime, who can't decide which one of the chalks to make a $2 show bet on :D The best moment of the day was in the 5th when they were both paralyzed by the presence of three co-favorites, and finally gave up and said, "Just bet whatever you're gonna bet!" and we all wound up hitting the $65 exacta. An awesome score if you're a kid accustomed to cashing $2.40 show tickets!