PDA

View Full Version : ProCaps vs MultiCaps Datafiles

lonnieb7
05-27-2006, 03:06 PM
Hello,
I am begining to develop my own home brew handicapper and I was wondering what the difference was between the ProCaps (TSN) and MultiCaps (BRIS). At glance they seem to be the exact same, but there is alot of information and didnt want to overlook anything. I read somewhere on this forum that there was a slight difference in the Bris DRF ($1) file and the TSN equivalent ($0.50) file. It said that the TSN version had slightly less information. If there is a difference in the xxCaps what information does one have that the other does not.

Thanks
Lonnie

Boats
05-27-2006, 04:27 PM
One difference I know of between BRIS DRF and BRIS Multicaps is the multicaps has the BRIS RACE and CLASS Ratings. Look at BRIS's Race and Class Rating FAQ to see if you want it. It looks like the TSN is missing a lot of info.

betovernetcapper
05-27-2006, 04:29 PM
They seem to me to be very similar. The Equisim site has a comparison of the two providers.
http://www.thorotech.com/equisim/provideranalysis.html

lonnieb7
05-27-2006, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the comments,

Boats, making sure I understand you comment. Are you comparing Bris DRF to Bris Multicap files when you say that the muiltcaps have the two ratings added. If so this is usefull information if I can get the same results without those two pieces of information for cheaper datafiles. However, at present I would like to start with as much information as possible and then if I determine if I do not need the extra data I can go down. I currently have a Brisnet account, the only reason I was considering the TSN procaps option is that they have an unlimited plan, which would make priming the program with data cheaper.

Betovernetcapper, the comparison you linked to compares the output of a program using the two data formats, it doesn't really compare the data of the two file types.

Thanks again

Boats
05-27-2006, 05:16 PM
I've been using BRIS DRF files for years. The reason I know about this difference is that when I saw their FAQ on RACE and CLASS rating I contacted them and was informed that they are available on the multicaps file. They are $5 compared to $1 for drf. Go to the BRIS 'library'. You can get both formats. Also take a look at the 'BRIS Race & Class Rating FAQ' to see if it is something you want. Boats

Jake
05-28-2006, 12:32 AM
I've been using BRIS DRF files for years. The reason I know about this difference is that when I saw their FAQ on RACE and CLASS rating I contacted them and was informed that they are available on the multicaps file. They are $5 compared to $1 for drf. Go to the BRIS 'library'. You can get both formats. Also take a look at the 'BRIS Race & Class Rating FAQ' to see if it is something you want. Boats

TSN Procaps files also have the Race Ratings and the Class Ratings.