PDA

View Full Version : Summer Survival at BigM Harness

melman
05-27-2006, 07:26 AM
Free contest with plenty of nice prizes and free pp info starts tonight.

R7 Silver Flash
R8 Real Hanover
R10 Devonshire Hanover

Nice card for the BigM tonight with a $500,000 stake

andthereoff
05-27-2006, 12:52 PM
Good luck to Melman and all the others who enter this contest.

R7 : Seeyouinmydreams

R8 : Cookerosa

R10 : Coris Gold

andthereoff
05-27-2006, 02:39 PM
Good luck to Melman and all the others who enter this contest.

R7 : Seeyouinmydreams

R8 : Cookerosa

R10 : Coris Gold

Changed my 8th race pick to Real Hanover.

toetoe
05-27-2006, 09:40 PM
Seeyouinmydreams and Silver Flash both ran out. :bang:

toetoe
05-27-2006, 09:59 PM
Cookerosa just got third after a horrible break at the start. :ThmbUp:

melman
05-27-2006, 10:10 PM
At least a "no harm no foul" with the change in picks as Real Hanover was a solid 2nd. Could use a winner in the last contest race but will move on to the next contest day.

toetoe
05-27-2006, 11:25 PM
I'm glad I didn't check the Meadowlands "Picks & Race Reviews" page, as it might talk me off of Nineteenth Hole, who brushed off to an 8-length lead under Sears, and coasted home. Tough race, a real grab-bag.

The Monmouth races today were tough, and a bunch of people went 3-for-3!!! I shut myself out, and my mulligan was used on the first day. :D :bang:

Do you know whether people can choose an already-scratched horse, thereby insuring they'll get the favorite?

melman
05-29-2006, 02:44 PM
Easy advance day today toetoe all the 5 had to do was stay on stride. Now just have to root for my other two at good prices. Think you were "all 5's today" right toemaster??

toetoe
05-29-2006, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the reminder. I had a feeling they would be racing on the light side today, but it slipped my mind. I will tune in right now. :ThmbUp:

toetoe
05-29-2006, 03:46 PM
Third by two noses with the favorite in the sixth. That hurts. Show dough only. :(

toetoe
05-29-2006, 04:39 PM
I was counting my money, then Mata Harry took some bad steps. No break, but a fade to fourth. :(

Murph
05-29-2006, 05:18 PM
I just went to see if the scratch to fave worked and found this posted in the survivor area:

*** ATTENTION ***

DUE TO TECHNICAL DIIFICULTIES WITH THE SURVIVAL AT THE SHORE GAME, NO SELECTIONS WILL BE PROCESSED FOR MONDAY, MAY 29TH.
ALL ACTIVE PLAYERS WILL REMAIN IN THE GAME.
NO FREE PASSES WILL BE USED.
WE APPOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE.

http://www.monmouthpark.com/survival/default.asp

Murph

melman
05-31-2006, 06:52 PM
For tonight's contest races at the BigM

R4 Plan On It
R6 Nikki's Blessing
R7 Predator's DVM

toetoe
06-07-2006, 10:27 PM
I missed the first two Wed., but get this. In leg 3, my 4/1 got second and paid $9.00 and $5.60. The 4/5 came third and paid $4.60!

toetoe
06-14-2006, 11:25 AM
Let's not talk about my doornail status (DEAD) at Monmouth. I'm in 107th place at Meadowlands. :jump: Eyes Of Kassa(?) was a huge boost for me. I'm getting so cocky, I bet against a Brian Sears horse leaving from post 5 today. What a daredevil!

toetoe
06-15-2006, 04:11 PM
Cal1955, aka Toetoe, has moved from 127th to 63rd in the Big-M contest. :jump: Can I get a call from racingrev or Travisatthetrack? Something like:
"He's on a brush. He's 63rd, he's 62nd, he's 61st, etc.?"

I may get close enough to the lead that I need to sharpen the tools and pick melman's brain.

This contest is just the remedy for the Triple Crown of Thorns blues. :cool:

badbert
06-16-2006, 06:52 AM
Good luck cal1955, it only takes one good price winner to zoom you to the lead, as last night proved. I was in about 250th place then had a couple of nice prices to zoom in the lead, now in 4th place. next couple of nights looks hard in the contest races.

good luck

badbert:cool:

badbert
06-17-2006, 06:32 AM
way to go cal1955 nice move to 22 place, lets run one-two for a pace advantage exacta.. lol. do you like anyone tonight ? I like scotts rolls royce #3 in the 11th 5-1 , dube might have him in perfect spot with his big move.

good luck,

badbert :cool:

melman
06-17-2006, 07:01 AM
Our PA harness section cappers sitting in 2nd and 26th place in the contest. Looks like toetoe has made a brush and is moving into contention. Looks like only 331 left standing. This toetoe guy (aka cal1955) is a real bi-mutual wonder. :jump: :jump: There is a lot to like about the "Dark Side" Mr Toe. :lol:

toetoe
06-19-2006, 10:58 PM
badbert,

Sorry, I'm late reading your posts. Daniel Dube, of the rocking Dube Brothers, had some great mezzrow the other night, but it didn't improve his driving. I forget the names, but I picked his steed, the 7, over Gingras' 2, and watched as 7 got a clear lead, only to get passed late by a 35/1 shot and a 15/1 shot. I think maybe a top driver would know how to hold on better. Anyway, I was VERY disappointed to get only $3.80, though survival is first and foremost.

melman,

Your Royal Harness, I just hope none of my picks gets blocked. Call it a Toejam, if you must. Don't want the single shaft for me or bigbadbert. :) :)

toetoe
06-20-2006, 08:56 AM
As Bertha's Big Boy badbert mentioned, it's an anything-can-happen card Wednesday. 2-y-o males and 3-y-o fillies. :eek:

I think 1, Wearable Art, looks great in race 4. However, David Brower, handycrapper for The Big *M,* doesn't have him high in his top four, which are: 4, 3, 1 and 7, in order.

I like 9, Velma K, and 6, Workout Doll, in race 6. DB likes 6, 10 and 9, in that order.

I like 2, 8 and 9 in race 7. Not sure in which order. Very tough. Brower likes 3, 1, 8 and 6.

Anything over $2.10 tomorrow will be appreciated. Even passing and taking the free pass would be understandable.

melman
06-20-2006, 09:49 AM
Man Mr Toetoe they picked the races for the young horses tonight. A rough group to get a line on. But this is the time of year for the younger horses to start racing.

R4 Wearable Art --Best
R6 Miss Eleonora
R7 Wildridge Sam

toetoe
06-21-2006, 12:24 PM
Thanks, melloman. I'm taking one last perusal, and I'll pull the trigger soon. :ThmbUp:

melman
06-22-2006, 06:33 AM
Looks like you pulled the right trigger toe-man. Short prices on those young horses, maybe not as hard as I had thought. :jump: Contest getting interesting with just over 200 people still alive. Badbert 6th and the bi-mutual wonder the great toetoe 21st. Hey toe I see you are looking at Dave Browner's take on the races he does an OK job but for another take the UStrotting site has Bob Pandolfo's rundown of all the BigM races with an odds-line. I like Mr Pandolfo's work very solid, he has been around the harness game for a long time and better yet he even posts here once in a while. :jump:

toetoe
06-22-2006, 11:16 PM
I love Bobby P. I've skulked outside Castelpandolfo trying to pick up live dope on the sulky ones. I've only seen his HTW and his "hot races" and "hot paces" listings. I'll check out his nightly pandicap.

Tonight, Toetoe lives after going 4th, 1st and 2nd on Thursday night. All went off as the favorites, including 2 in the 8th, and I thought I was sticking my neck out.

Wednesday, melman's pick Miss Eleonora looked great in the roll-by, but she only managed third. My pick, Velma K, got a send job from Miller, but he buried her on the rail (not an easy undertaking) and when she tried to rally on the rail, she broke like Gerry Cooney's nose. I should be suspicious when I heard the live touts singing her (AND Miller's) praises. My other fancy in the two-filly race won it with a good trip, kinda the trip I expected for VK. Only paid $5.00 to win. We agreed on Wearable Art (2-to5!!!!) in the first leg, and I got 2nd with my other pick.

badbert
06-23-2006, 07:16 AM
nice move up the ladder, I was lucky to survive with one second :bang: .
tonights main players not in order...

6th #2- the queen of trash
#7- bikini bottom
#10- future destiny

7th #6- earls charm k
#8- Lawrence
#3- self righteous

9th #1- scoreboard hanover
#5- quicksilver shark
#7- devonshire hanover

melman
06-23-2006, 08:02 AM
Good looking lineup of horses you posted for tonight's contest races badbert. In Race 9 my pick would be Cam Straight. With badbert in 7th and the quick brushing toetoe now up to 14th with only 206 people left in the game it is getting to be fun time. I should have known that the toe-man would be clued into the work of Pandy. Lots of solid info from him at the USTA site. Don't know if Pandy gets paid for that work but if not he should be. Hey toe don't knock my man Davie Miller the king of the sit and pounce crowd. Maybe not a great wire to wire guy but his last second moves while saving his horse ground do him proud. Now as for El Dubai the king of the wild rush and brush move be careful :jump: You need good high odds to jump on that wagon. :jump:

toetoe
06-23-2006, 08:32 PM
I went with Bikini Bottom, Lawman (stepping way up, but capable of an Eyes-On-Kassa type of effort) and Scoreboard Hanover, in a close call over Quicksilver ____?____, the last based on Pandy Man's raving over Scoreboard Hanover's last performance.

The TV guys said that Dube's horse the other night was benefitting from a huge jockey upgrade. :confused:

Good trips, Bertie. :ThmbUp:

melman
06-23-2006, 09:41 PM
Your in for another night toe-man. Lawman an easy winner with my man Davie Miller in the bike. Nice smooth sit and pounce jog in the park.

toetoe
06-23-2006, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the reminder, melman. I was about to play Quicksilver Shark, a BIG ugly closer, but Pandolfo liked Scoreboard Hanover off a tough trip last time. As the darksiders don't bounce like thoroughbreds, I went with him and had a huge night with $32.60 total. :jump:

Thanks again. :ThmbUp:

melman
06-23-2006, 10:21 PM
Nice pocket sitting trip for Scoreboard Hanover at $12.40 looks like the toe-man and badbert are moving on up. Nice work guys.

toetoe
06-23-2006, 10:26 PM
I love Eyes On Kassa again tomorrow, but shall I look elsewhere because of Bouchard, who apparently drives like Diana Ross? Is Tony Morgan a safe bet, presuming he has decent horseflesh under the hood? Waddew eye doo? :confused: :eek:

toetoe
06-23-2006, 11:30 PM
Am I the only one that didn't have The Queen Of Trash? Two guys ahead of me had all three winners, and one of them scratched into the three-peat. :mad:

I passed one guy, but I fear at least one passed me. Still lucky 13. That first heat was TOUGH.

17 down, 25 to go, and it's heating up.

badbert
06-24-2006, 01:07 AM
Think your in 11th place, but could be wrong. I am still in 7th I think but total money is falling behind.Saturday 4th I like #1true force, #3 all over the place and #6 eyes on kassa. true force put in some monster miles at freehold now comes back to big m, will have to take good look at him.
In the 7th no clue at all :confused: , In the 9th I like #5 driven to win even with gregory.

badbert
06-24-2006, 01:19 AM
Still alive but falling behind in total money, will need to find that needle in the haystack soon:D .watch toe toe I think he put new shoes on his toes , hes passing players with that slow brush to the leed :lol: .

good luck,

melman
06-24-2006, 06:51 AM
Bouchard wins a lot of races at the little m (Monticello) and no very many at the BigM. Main problem is he gets very few "live" horses to drive at BigM. Now Tong Morgan is a very very solid guy can drive with the best of them. No problem with him at all. Tough crowd remaining in the game 200 hard core s-bred people. :lol: And 1 bi-mutual wonder. :jump:

melman
06-24-2006, 07:07 AM
That is a tough group of races they picked for the contest tonight. Toetoe will have to make sure his "new iron shoes" are on tight. :jump:

R4 All Over The Place
True Force
Eyes On Kassa

R7 JR Mint
Art Maker
Armbro Becalm

R9 Driven to Win
Eazeon Downtherow
Montauck

toetoe
06-25-2006, 01:17 AM
JG's run of longshots had to end sooner or later. It wasn't THAT hard to find an in-the-money tonight. I'm terrified to just take a stab on a longshot, unless I really like it. I feel I can't spare one pick, you know? Yet even with the most ITM's and 2nds, I'm at least $70 behind, I think.

I tried to beat Eyes On Kassa with the second chalk, which ran second, paying only $2.80 less in the aggregate. No big thing.

I had Art Maker, as did everybody.

I honestly had race 9 down to 3, 5 (Gregory notwithstanding) and 8, with Manzi. I went with 5, 3 won at a juicy price, and 5 and 8 ran out. Again I passed one player (JG) but was passed by at least one or two, I think. :confused: :cool:

melman
06-25-2006, 08:20 AM
Was just over at the contest site and it's badbert 10th and toetoe 15th. IMHO it's to early to think about the dollor amounts just yet still plenty of time for that. Just "survive" and keep being able to make picks. Having that Unique Fighter in R9 would have been nice toe-man but your doing great.

badbert
06-25-2006, 08:38 AM
still alive but going in wrong direction :mad: . still :mad: about gregory getting burnt to that 26.3 1st 1/4 in the 9th. looks like alot of baby races next week, that will be fun:D .

toetoe
06-25-2006, 06:41 PM
Yeah, I guess George Napolitano at 11/1 in the other race was a much better risk than JGreg on his chalkish darksider.

Suggested stars/entertainers for live appearances at The Big *M*:

Moot The Hopple

James Har-NESS

Sulky Sillivan (I guess he's not looking too good right now)

Brian Trottier

Minnie Driver

Vic (Fur) Stauffer ... hmm :confused:

Gaitmouth Brown

Peter Break

Brush Limbaugh

(Standard) Bread, featuring David Gaits

toetoe
06-28-2006, 12:52 AM
Race 8, going with Velma K, hoping that last debacle leads to a good price. 3 with Sears looks formidable, but I'm going out on a limb. Watch her go off at 2/1. :D

Race 9, taking second chalk, 4. I love 7 too, but I don't dare get bold in more than one race. :eek:

Race 11, taking the chalk, 3.

toetoe
06-28-2006, 10:18 PM
Velma K ran out, but so did my other option. Then Carr's Character won with a PERFECT trip. :jump: Only bad thing is missing the shot at 3-for-3, but I didn't trust the Dave Palone horse, which won at 9/10. :faint:

melman
06-29-2006, 09:24 AM
Toe-guy I think you and "Velma" are just going to have to stop "seeing" each other. Seems she has run out on you twice now. :jump: Not many dropping out of the game now it's down to the hard core. :) BTW Toe the twins are available to you if you need any extra handicapping assitance. :jump:

toetoe
06-29-2006, 11:26 AM
How do those four ... oops, I mean two feel about hopples? :jump:

falconridge
06-29-2006, 08:11 PM
Suggested stars/entertainers for live appearances at The Big *M*
Brought to you by Pace Picante Sauce, The Hanover Insurance Group, and American Standard (the last refuge for those afflicted with the trots):

A few more:

Benjamin Hymen "Buggy" Siegel, entrepreneur

Christopher Trotman "Trot" Nixon, outfielder, dh (loved by all citizens of the Red Sox Nation)

Bill Gaits, Ivy League dropout

J Lo(bell), lip-syncher, thespian

Ron Jeremy (pocket trip, first over, hung), leading man

Joan Whitney Pacin', art collector, horsewoman; founding president, NY Mets

Al Pacin'o, CEO, Corleone Enterprises

badbert
06-29-2006, 11:56 PM
nice job sweeping the 3 contest races on thursday, think you made the top ten list. I only had 2 2nds and a 3rd to slip into lucky #13 I think.good races in contest on friday.

toetoe
06-30-2006, 03:23 AM
Falco,

Yer all Pompano circumstance. You pluralized hyman (really, how many does a gal need? ... almost forgot, hi man :) ), and I had no idea that JLop is thesponic. I fear her career is behind her anyway. Sorry for that crack, as ever.

Speaking of Hyman, what do The Godfather and The Wizard Of Oz have in common? Their scene-stealing scenery masticators, Hyman Roth and Toetoe, swept the trio of Meadowlands contest races tonight, the latter admittedly scratching into one winner. George Carlin might call Hy's sweeping feat a womb broom, whereas Toe's mantra might be "Yes Cal(1955) Can!" The game is ahoof! The action is Haughton heavy. None at the <park doubt> it's going to the final day. By the way, until Ron is recommended by a jury of his Pierce, I am doing fine NOT betting his darksiders. I'm sure he'll warm up, or maybe he's managed winners in the non-contest races.

Your dog-and-pony man,

TT2U

melman
06-30-2006, 07:18 AM
I am shocked and very surprised Mr Toe that you did not acknowledge that just one day after posting that the twins were available to you for handicapping help you went three for three in the contest. However the girls being as big as they are they will keep offering there free tips. There position on "hopples" is to let them out three to four inches. :jump: Toe you ever see the equipment change board at the BigM with all the trainers playing with the hopples?? Let them in tighten them up they just never stop. :lol: Also the girls advise that they much prefer the "free-legged" style. :jump: Enjoyed the last two posts by Falconridge and the toetoe funny stuff. :D

toetoe
06-30-2006, 10:07 AM
My winnings will be used to fund my own business, The Trot-Toe-Ria. Now of course, my little Tweetybird will want to be in the middle of things, so I'll hang the cage just outside the entrance. You know, in the tarport, where they part the tars.

JLobell. JLobell, Jlo all the way ... la dee dee ...

toetoe
06-30-2006, 10:21 PM
:(

The off tracks drive me buggy, but everyone has to deal with them.

Instead of playing Four Stars Meliss, the lock of locks, I played Kan's Wheel, AND GOT THE SAME PRICE! :bang: Of course she ran out. Outside posts are doing well tonight, but my 9 in the fourth ran last. :D

I suppose if I did my homework and checked the weather, I could take my free pass. Gosh, I didn't even make it halfway. Tonight is the 21st of 42.

Great contest. :ThmbUp: I needed a power outage tonight.

melman
07-01-2006, 07:29 AM
What a revolting development this is, but Toetoe looks like four others of the top twenty went down in the slop with you. Very good showing however toeman and a fun contest it is. Now our Badbert carries the banner of PA's section alone. He sits in the number nine position. Keep going bert with now only 133 players left.

badbert
07-01-2006, 11:34 AM
thanks melman,

If your playing tonights big m card look at voracious hanover #4 in the 4th. I cant see him getting beat in this field even with b. stafford , his figs lay over this field .

toetoe
07-01-2006, 09:17 PM
I believe our good Badbert is in 7th.

The Sand Vic race has some nice horseflesh in it. Is that the 4th?

Every one of us can say, "I'm Damn Goog." :ThmbUp:

toetoe
07-08-2006, 12:38 AM
Hey, it seems they took a nice one-week break in NJ, what with budget woes, blah blah ... If only they took the break one day earlier. :bang: :D

melman
07-13-2006, 09:49 AM
The contest at BigM is back after the state shutdown. BadBert still going good sitting in 8th place with only 112 left standing. Go Bert Go :lol:

badbert
07-13-2006, 05:02 PM
The contest at BigM is back after the state shutdown. BadBert still going good sitting in 8th place with only 112 left standing. Go Bert Go :lol:thanks melman
hanging in there but need another good price winner to get to the top,tonight im playing

5th- #9 queen volo
8th- #3 good goalie
9th- #7 senator dalton, will be making win bet on him

have you heard any new info on the pompano race "fix"
ive heard somebody placed a $600.00 ex. box offtrack ???

nice hits at the big m last night keep up the good cappin

melman
07-13-2006, 05:28 PM
No Bert have not gotten any more info as of yet on the PPK Race. If I do pick up on any info will pass it along.

melman
07-13-2006, 10:25 PM
Your still going Bert picking up a 2nd and a 3rd on tonights contest races. Keep hanging around and on that one night hit a bomb. :)

badbert
07-13-2006, 11:56 PM
thanks mel,
alive to play another day, fridays plays

6th- #1 vivad photo
9th- #3 kurahaupo kruzar n
10th- #4 bijou hall

toetoe
07-14-2006, 12:20 AM
I LOVE Vivid Photo. Oh, wait ... that may be the kiss of darkside death. :D

Good luck. :ThmbUp:

melman
07-24-2006, 08:56 AM
With only about two weeks left in the BigM meet BadBert still going strong and in 7th place in the survivor game contest. Should be a lot of fun for you bert and all the best of trips as you go for the cash. Great job just being in the final 70 players out of the 2,800 who started.

badbert
07-24-2006, 07:17 PM
thanks mel,
I see youve been hitting them good too, nice cappin. when big m was closed I started looking and betting " the rock " looks like form holds up pretty good there and will be my home away from home from the big m.
In the big m contest im in 6th and about $65.00 away from top, but only about $23. from 2nd. With 2 weeks to go and not that far down I have to stay with the way ive been cappin, cant worry just yet.
On wednesday in the contest im playing.

4th-#5 hezabigrascal
7th-#5 pediatrician, dont like the 1for 23 past 2 years but i think hes rounding into top form and sitting on a big race 8/1 m/l
9th-#10 tic tag toe, bad trot race dube will blast out and try to back down the trot to a craw, 10/1 m/l.... good luck

badbert
07-24-2006, 11:14 PM
thanks mel,
I see youve been hitting them good too, nice cappin. when big m was closed I started looking and betting " the rock " looks like form holds up pretty good there and will be my home away from home from the big m.
In the big m contest im in 6th and about $65.00 away from top, but only about $23. from 2nd. With 2 weeks to go and not that far down I have to stay with the way ive been cappin, cant worry just yet.
On wednesday in the contest im playing.

4th-#5 hezabigrascal
7th-#5 pediatrician, dont like the 1for 23 past 2 years but i think hes rounding into top form and sitting on a big race 8/1 m/l
9th-#10 tic tag toe, bad trot race dube will blast out and try to back down the trot to a craw, 10/1 m/l.... good luck

badbert:cool:replying to my own post :D , im the only one that listens to me :lol: , forgot the best on wednesday, in the 3rd race #5 michelles gemstone trainer change hart to banca = $$$$, might get a decent price with cardmaster from the rail to take some action away from the " gem "

melman
07-27-2006, 06:13 AM
Bert, the "Gem" was an EZ winner a walk in the park, Jog City. :) The downside was every one hammered it and the exacta. I'm sure glad Hezabigrascal got third in that first contest race. :jump: Go get em for tonights contest races. Big Meadowlands card on Saturday Bert with the Breeder's Crown races and the early 5:00 pm start.

headhawg
07-27-2006, 11:04 AM
Keep it goin' badbert. Best of trips. :ThmbUp:

badbert
07-27-2006, 05:09 PM
Thanks mel and Head hawg,
Im having one of those days where im 12 hours behind everything,hope my picks are not.. lol. did you notice the ex. and tri payouts in the 1st last night at med.Very nice payouts for those 3 horses and everybody alot longer... no ???
not saying anythings "funny" just nice ex. and tri $$$ were nice.
Did not like the drive sears gave hezabigrascal but thankful he got 3rd, or it was curtains for me. I have post-its all over the place so i dont forget the eary post on saturday, thanks mel.
If you are/were entered in the big m contest go and login, and for saturday they have the full card all 14 races not just the 3 contest races.
"the gem" bet down to 1/2, dam knew he was to be the fav. but not that low even off the trainer change.

thurs picks

7th-#4
8th-#7
11th-#4
good luck

andthereoff
07-27-2006, 09:55 PM
Got the winner in the 7th so onto Friday night you go.....Very impressive display....Best of luck the rest of the way!!!!

badbert
07-27-2006, 11:44 PM
thank you, Leader in contest gets knocked out, getting very tight with 6 programs to go.

friday plays no prices all short,

4th#1 seventh evan
7th#2 hez striking
8th#1 riley rose

melman
07-29-2006, 10:44 AM
Badbert with five programs left, however you go with your "end game" moves will be rooting that all your horses get great trips. Those first two prizes are very nice. With the top cash guy dropping out it's really wide open. Bring it home. :)

badbert
07-29-2006, 11:14 AM
Badbert with five programs left, however you go with your "end game" moves will be rooting that all your horses get great trips. Those first two prizes are very nice. With the top cash guy dropping out it's really wide open. Bring it home. :)thanks mel,
Bet you liked the results of last nights 11th race, daisys boy had best figs in race, 54.0 middle half brush to the lead last week, week befor 54.2 mid and 54.0 last half set him up perfect:jump: .Toigh race in contest today ,going with

7th- #1 RJs wild card
9th- #9 the traveling man
11th-#3 ponder... If #9 maltese artist wins and pays huge im looking for the nearest bridge ! :D

toetoe
07-29-2006, 05:55 PM
Badbert The Good,

I hope you win it in a jogburger. :D Don't forget you can use your free pass if it comes up sloppy or otherwise weird. :ThmbUp:

andthereoff
07-29-2006, 07:25 PM
Nice hit with the Wild Card at 9-2!!!!

badbert
07-30-2006, 12:11 AM
Thanks mel,toe, andthereoff
started off great,ended bad and fell a little behind in $$$.had a nice pick 3 going with the travelling man ( races 7 thru 9 ) that was paying $1400. and change ,but he left and was hung out and quit in the lane :mad: .
Toetoe, I wont be useing the free pass with only 4 cards to go, unless I can find a longshot to zoom into the lead :) .Next week will be fun, I hope:jump:
thanks all,

melman
08-04-2006, 06:03 AM
Bert you are one tough harness "hard core" player. :) Your still "alive" and sitting in 10th about $60 from the lead. Man I hope you find a couple of live longshot plays in the next couple of days. Also hope that the races they select in the next few days are ones to your liking. Best of trips. :ThmbUp:

badbert
08-04-2006, 08:48 AM
Thanks mel,
going to be hard to come back with only 6 races left. Dont like the races selected next 2 days, will be swinging for the fences in 2 of 3 the races tonight and hope to be around on hambo day with a shot. If you have any 15 or 20-1 (locks) let me know:) . For what its worth on hambo day in the 15th I love francam but he might get hammered.

melman
08-04-2006, 10:12 AM
What are the contest races for the next two days Bert???

badbert
08-04-2006, 03:32 PM
Mel, friday its 5th, 8th,9th and on saturday 5th, 11th and 12th

toetoe
08-07-2006, 01:22 PM
Bert The Evil,

Kudos for a great job, finishing eighth. Some decent prices you had in the final days, but did you see the winner? He was in the money with all three for six or seven days straight. :eek:

Great contest, and thanks also to melman and his melmaids for moral support and inspiration. Actually, the melmaids would do better to give me IM-moral support. :blush:

badbert
08-07-2006, 02:59 PM
Thanks toe, melman and all that rooted me on.Your right about the mels mermaids they would of helped take my mind off the loss.The winner of contest "Bombshell" awesome the last two weeks and earned the win. After all my bad picks I still had a shot to win with stockholder in the 5th on saturday, at 37-1 with kesmodel he was flying down the lane to get 2nd missing a 1/2 for the win.Kesmodel was something like 6 wins for his last 9 starters with a 2nd and 3rd,I would bet him on the last 2 nights of the meet on friday and saturday no matter how they look (he must of got the rocket fuel shipment cause if you look his horses are in overdrive the final 1/8).Cant wait for the fall contest when we will knockem dead. good luck ,