PDA

View Full Version : Fraud Alert!

cj
08-16-2002, 07:26 PM
Much as I summarily dismissed Bella Belucci in the Acorn, she is a pretender in the Alabama tomorrow. Her last race Beyer is a complete fraud. I have no idea how the Beyer boys came up with that 105, it should have been a 90 at best.

CJ

From an earlier post before the Acorn:

Warning to those who like Bella Bellucci...she was given an inflated Beyer last time out for some unknown reason. Using the variant that was applied to the other dirt races that day, she should have been given a 96, not a 104. You looks like a single to me

Derek2U
08-17-2002, 12:41 PM
Thanks CJ for the beyer adjustment for Bella B., but I CANNOT
even visualize YOU being near the finish line in Time. YOU is
my immediate throw-out in the Alabama.

Tom
08-17-2002, 12:46 PM
Shhhhhhh!

cj
08-17-2002, 02:09 PM
Tom,

ROFL, I'll keep that in mind!

Derek,

That post about You being a single was from the Acorn Stakes, not for today. I don't like her either.

CJ

Bubbles
08-17-2002, 07:19 PM
Hey...

First off, good ol' Bella B. was scratched due to the off-track. Secondly, everyone, including myself, was right about You. In my opinion, this filly can get a mile, but not very much longer. I'll tell ya what: If this horse goes to the post at a short price in the BC Distaff (somewhere in the 2/1-7/2 range), I'm gonna look elsewhere. Any other opinions?

cj
08-17-2002, 07:28 PM
You won't run in the Distaff, in my opinion. I think Frankel saw what everyone else did today.

As for Bella, store the info for future use, it is bound to come in handy again, she is vastly overrated for reasons unknown to me.

CJ

Bubbles
08-17-2002, 07:38 PM
Hey...

You is a perfect example of why the Test isn't used as a big prep for the Alabama anymore. Horses that excel at 7 furlongs (ex. You and Carson Hollow) usually can't stretch out to a mile and a quarter, where a horse like Farda Amiga can dominate. Usually, you see the Test winner in the G1 Ballerina.
Speaking of Farda Amiga, I thought she'd flop in her first start off of a long layoff. Obviously she didn't, and I'm looking forward to seeing her run against older horses like Azeri and Summer Colony. She'd probably fare quite well, actually...

Derek2U
08-18-2002, 08:37 AM
Yes I agree YOU isn't a 1-1/4 kinda girl (even on a speed track).
I played Farda/AllAmericanBertie Exacta -- which I won -- but I
had AAB to Win. With Bella gone -- and Farda coming off the shelf with a closer's style -- I was 98% certain AAB would go
wire-2-wire. hehe ... Probably AAB is no 1-1/4 miler herself but
just couldn't exploit the situation for 1/32nd mile more. Isn't it
so Fascinatin?

Bubbles
08-18-2002, 10:44 AM
Hey...

There really isn't a real 1 and 1/4-mile three-year-old filly this year. Say what you want about Farda Amiga, but she ran the Alabama in a pathetically slow 2:04 and 3/5. Normally, the 'Bama is run in under 2:04, at least.
Speaking of 1 and 1/4 races, anyone see the Saratoga BC yesterday? What a race it was, especially with me having one of the best 7/2 shots at the meet, Evening Attire, to win. He rallied from some ten lengths back to catch Abreeze in the final sixteenth to give me a winner. Any other opinions?

Derek2U
08-18-2002, 12:29 PM
Yes, I also had Evening Attire, but the Gander thing let Abreeze
by himself; probably like others I figured a Gander-Abreeze
battle up front with EAttire someplace in 4th/5th but it still
panned out OK. If you look back at EAttire's race against
EDubai & Lido (that paceless shame of a race) at 1-1/4 I think,
besides the slow pace, his 6f prep workout in 1:10 was draining;
and so, when he appeared in Yesterdays 1-1/4 miles, I kinda
chuckled. To me, Form is 65% of this game.

Bubbles
08-18-2002, 06:45 PM
Hey...

In case anybody's forgotten, Evening Attire, the winner of the Saratoga Breeders Cup yesterday, beat a pretty nice horse in the Discovery Handicap at Aqueduct last year. This horse has lost just one race since then and romped in the other three.

Bah, dah, dah, DAH....STREET CRY!!!!

Suppose that PPs can be very helpful...

cj
09-07-2002, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by cjmilkowski

As for Bella, store the info for future use, it is bound to come in handy again, she is vastly overrated for reasons unknown to me.

CJ

Hope all cleaned up today, races don't come much easier than this.

CJ