PDA

View Full Version : The inevitable : Deja Vu, Coincidence, and strange happenings around Barbaro ...

BeatTheChalk
05-25-2006, 08:36 PM
1. Coming to the Preakness Barbaro was 6 out of 6 . His saddle cloth
number was 6 ...Take that where u will
2. B arry B onds tied Babe Ruth's record same day as the race
3. B ernardini won the race
4. Saddle cloth Number 8
5. Barbaro was number 8 in the Derby .. resting my case

falconridge
05-25-2006, 09:02 PM
And with all the talk of Barbaro's having shown such keen interest in the mares at the New Bolton Center, who hasn't thought of "BuBBa"--or noticed that B-A-R-B-A-R-O has the same number of letters as C-L-I-N-T-O-N (who also suffered a leg injury during his first administration)??? :eek:

toetoe
05-25-2006, 09:48 PM
The stable foreman in charge of Barbaro, and formerly of Cigar, name of Willie Johnson (so he should know!), had a nickname for Cigar's graphitically challenged pencil --- Billy Jeff. Mere coincidence?

Aforementioned Mr. Johnson, now long in the, er, tooth, has an eager-to-please female intern to whom he has given the moniker Silicawn Monkey. This is a perfect anagram of Monica Lewinsky. Mere coincidence?

Poster Beat The Chalk has a fondness for Dontrelle Willis, a herky-jerky-style fireball of a pitcher. Beat The Chalk is an anagram of both The Black Heat AND The Balk Cheat. Hmm. Let's go to the phones. West of the Rockies ...

bigmack
05-25-2006, 10:36 PM
And to beat it all. I had a dream of late that this thread would be posted and I woke from the nightmare and shrugged it off as complete and total lunacy.

toetoe
05-25-2006, 11:06 PM
I dreamt I was at a major track in New Jersey. I awoke and denounced it as calumny, a quasi-anagram of lunacy. Something was missing, and I posted the question, "What's missing here?" on Trot Advantage. The answer came back, "The Big M." OF COURSE! Oh, sure you think it a mere coincidence. Oh, but I'll show you and your ilk. Your little dog, too. Oh, wait, that's me. Scratch the last part.

Light
05-25-2006, 11:53 PM
I went to sleep the night before hoping to get one of those psychic dreams about the winner. Nothing.Except when I woke up I kept getting a song in my head over and over about Barbaro "Think I'm in trouble". I thought it just meant he would lose.

Now whenever I look at replays of Barbaro bustin the gate before the race,I sense the reason he busted through was cause he knew what was about to happen and he didn't want to go through with it.

toetoe
05-26-2006, 12:01 AM
That's spooky, Dark. Like something out of the play 'Equus.' Gives me the willies. :eek:

ryesteve
05-26-2006, 12:29 AM
Now whenever I look at replays of Barbaro bustin the gate before the race,I sense the reason he busted through was cause he knew what was about to happen and he didn't want to go through with it.
If he didn't want to go through with it, you'd think he'd have just stood there when the gate opened, instead of busting through it prematurely.

Light
05-26-2006, 12:44 AM
Horses are wired differently than humans. Much more obedient.

toetoe
05-26-2006, 12:14 PM
They must have conflicting "emotions." They say a really smart horse will refuse to race at all, a la Lady's Secret, and to a lesser degree Silver Charm. It's called being "racewise," I think. But if Barbaro felt that, he also had the competitive fire that stood him in such good stead.

KingChas
05-28-2006, 09:56 AM
And to beat it all. I had a dream of late that this thread would be posted and I woke from the nightmare and shrugged it off as complete and total lunacy.

Hey Guys want some luck?Check this out! :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Race-Track-Occult-Powder-Horse-Races-Handicapping-Luck_W0QQitemZ6254594974QQcategoryZ13776QQssPageNa meZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Dave Schwartz
05-28-2006, 10:03 AM
Chas,

This powder won't work for many of us as it must be sprinkled on the racing form.

We will need a virtual powder.

Besides, it is bad luck to be superstitious. (Think about it.)

Toe Toe,

I had a feeling about the Preakness... turned out to be gas.

Dave

KingChas
05-28-2006, 10:07 AM
Chas,

This powder won't work for many of us as it must be sprinkled on the racing form.

We will need a virtual powder.

Besides, it is bad luck to be superstitious. (Think about it.)
Dave

Especially if someone trys to snort this! :D

Suff
05-28-2006, 10:42 AM
1. Coming to the Preakness Barbaro was 6 out of 6 . His saddle cloth
number was 6 ...Take that where u will
2. B arry B onds tied Babe Ruth's record same day as the race
3. B ernardini won the race
4. Saddle cloth Number 8
5. Barbaro was number 8 in the Derby .. resting my case

In another unusual twist, there is a two page spread about Barbaro in next weeks Newsweek Magazine. Dated 6/6/06.

:eek:

joe
05-28-2006, 11:01 AM
:confused: i had a dream, that the number 8 horse would win the derby,and the first letter in his name would start with a B.. and the 8 horse would win the Preakness,and his name would start wiht a B.,and the number 8 horse would win the Belmont and his name would start with a....then i wake up,crap....